Pakistan/Australia series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Pakistan/Australia series

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:39 pm

Naumann has a test 97 and averages 28 so in theory is no bunny.

Hopefully the kiss of death.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:40 pm

Cummins going with the fairytale ending bringing on Swepson
whufc
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:41 pm

Surely its Starc with the new ball
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1407 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:57 pm

Bowling Swepson here is absolutely terrible captaincy
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:58 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Bowling Swepson here is absolutely terrible captaincy
Yep, let’s go with the bloke who has chucked down 300 rocks this innings with nothing to show for it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Bowling Swepson here is absolutely terrible captaincy
Yep, let’s go with the bloke who has chucked down 300 rocks this innings with nothing to show for it

I nearly did it again

Usman drops a sitter
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:00 pm

Kawahja drops a dolly :oops: :oops: :oops:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:02 pm

You reckon Cummins would kill if about a half a session to a session extra in the game presented itself ;)
whufc
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:05 pm

whufc wrote:You reckon Cummins would kill if about a half a session to a session extra in the game presented itself ;)

Why so we have 1 over to score 18? ;)
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:08 pm

Has been brought to my attention maybe we were told to only bowl spinners due to the light.
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:13 pm

Only got ourselves to blame, beyond the drop catches we had multiple chances to push the game forward and be more attacking.

Smith and Khawaja let the Pakis get away with bowling that would see both me and Bedgie land in car parks all over Adelaide at our pleb level.

The batting go slow in session 3 day two when we were in a very strong position is even more baffling.

Then what to make of our second innings, surely if we wanted to give our bowlers a 20 over rest or mentally disintegrate the opposition we could have went a lot harder than the 4 runs an over. Leaving 8 wickets in the shed and not getting a lead quicker was a sin. You can’t tell me after having a whole nights rest it wasn’t to give the ball an extra 30 minute rest on day 4 ffs. Why we didn’t try and get the 500 lead by the end of day 3 and start bowling day 4 has hurt as well.

Now we head into the last test in four days time losing momentum and being physically tired, wouldn’t want to lose the test or it could be a massive struggle.
Last edited by whufc on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 pm

whufc wrote:Only got ourselves to blame, beyond the drop catches we had multiple chances to push the game forward and be more attacking.

Smith and Khawaja let the Pakis get away with bowling that would see both me and Bedgie land in car parks all over Adelaide at our pleb level.

The batting go slow in session 3 day two when we were in a very strong position is even more baffling.

Then what to make of our second innings, surely if we wanted to give our bowlers a 20 over rest or mentally disintegrate the opposition we could have went a lot harder than the 4 runs an over. Leaving 9 wickets in the shed and not getting a lead quicker was a sin. You can’t tell me after having a whole nights rest it wasn’t to give the ball an extra 30 minute rest on day 4 ffs.
We had more than enough time. The declaration was spot on and everything was fine up until that point.
You can’t field like a u10’s side and expect to win a test.
This should have been over before tea tonight and I’d suggest that Smith doesn’t sleep well for a few nights
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:Only got ourselves to blame, beyond the drop catches we had multiple chances to push the game forward and be more attacking.

Then what to make of our second innings, surely if we wanted to give our bowlers a 20 over rest or mentally disintegrate the opposition we could have went a lot harder than the 4 runs an over. Leaving 9 wickets in the shed and not getting a lead quicker was a sin. You can’t tell me after having a whole nights rest it wasn’t to give the ball an extra 30 minute rest on day 4 ffs.
We had more than enough time. The declaration was spot on and everything was fine up until that point.
This should have been over before tea tonight and I’d suggest that Smith doesn’t sleep well for a few nights

Like leaving the ball as a batsmen there is only good ones and bad ones…..we didn’t leave ourselves enough time because we didn’t bowl them out. We had opportunities to maximise the time further and we didn’t take it and ultimately it cost us along with other factors such as fielding.

Sadly Borders mental disintegration tactics have backfired big time.

Two tests in a row now where we have somewhat played ‘within’ ourselves and then failed to get the job done within the time.
Last edited by whufc on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby mal » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:27 pm

Well done Mohammed Rizwan fast becoming my favorite all time PAKi cricketer
Top dig for a keeper
Great effort by Pakistan
Pat Cummins still undefeated as skipper ......
This was the test that got away
I think both teams are playing extra cautious

Question
2 balls left
3 wickets in hand
Mitchell Swepson 0/154 off 53.4 overs

I ask, why not bowl the last 2 balls and give him a chance to take 1 or 2 wickets and give him a bit of confidence
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 882 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:29 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Like leaving the ball as a batsmen there is only good ones and bad ones…..we didn’t leave ourselves enough time because we didn’t bowl them out. We had opportunities to maximise the time further and we didn’t take it and ultimately it cost us along with other factors such as fielding.

Sadly Borders mental disintegration tactics have backfired big time.
We could have had 4 days to bowl them out but it means squat if you don’t hold your catches. Smith holds that soda and they are 3/30 with the ball still newish and into a brittle middle order. He batted another 81 overs after the drop
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:38 pm

Absolutely drop catches hurt but drop catches happen in most innings. I don’t imagine slip fielding in the sub continent is easy when your so close to the batters, variable bounce, long periods where there isn’t a single chance. The interesting one is the Khawaja one still wearing the helmet yet fielding over a pitch length back from the batters. Still should have caught it but that would have felt weird af.

I think we showed a little disrespect (maybe deservedly) that we felt we could ‘waste’ time in an away test match and still walk away with the win.

I would just like to see us be a bit more attacking in the way we search for wins.

Can you explain the second innings (I get why we batted but don’t understand the intent). If it was to get a 500 run lead we could have got that by the end of day 3. I get why we didn’t bowl on day 3 but if continuing to bat at a moderate pace was to give the bowlers the extra 30 minute test at the start of a day your kidding me. If it was to mentally disintegrate the Pakis by sending them back out there it didn’t come close to working.
whufc
Coach

Postby mal » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:53 pm

If you keep declaring on day 3 at 556, you are not showing enough faith in your bowling attack ?
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 882 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:05 am

We need Bedgie to captain the national side

The only bloke I know with balls big enough to send a team into bat in a GF and then win the thing outright. :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:53 am

whufc wrote:I think we showed a little disrespect (maybe deservedly) that we felt we could ‘waste’ time in an away test match and still walk away with the win.

Jesus you dribble some shit on here.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:56 am

RB wrote:
whufc wrote:I think we showed a little disrespect (maybe deservedly) that we felt we could ‘waste’ time in an away test match and still walk away with the win.

Jesus you dribble some shit on here.

We all do….it’s what a forum is for.

Can you answer though what you think the intent of the second innings was??
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket