Postby DOC » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:42 pm

Adelaide beat Norwood by 28 points.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Re: Trial matches

Postby northerner » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:58 pm

Dogs will play round one with 8 or 9 debutantes.

5 recruits
McCormack as a mobile ruck is a very good pick up.
Buechner as a big bodied full back is going to be excellent and allows Llewellyn to shift to the pocket.
Kendall an active, pack crashing fwd is a bonus.
Launer and Reeves add bite and strength to the mids.

Then some local teenagers
Whitelum and Gant who both played impressively in the last 6 weeks in the reserves last season (after playing all season at College and Country league respectively) and have continued to show in the trials that they will impact at this level.
Richards and Deakin are two young talls who would also be in the mix.

This season, I believe our top 22 is better than in the past 4 seasons. We are taller and cleaner with the skills, and there appears a willingness to contest.
What we lack though is the depth of previous seasons. With so may peripheral players no longer at the Club, the ressies are mainly going to be filled up with kids who might be a season or two away from being league-ready.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:42 pm

northerner wrote:Dogs will play round one with 8 or 9 debutantes.

5 recruits
Buechner as a big bodied full back is going to be excellent and allows Llewellyn to shift to the pocket.

Whitelum and Gant who both played impressively in the last 6 weeks in the reserves last season (after playing all season at College and Country league respectively) and have continued to show in the trials that they will impact at this level.

This season, I believe our top 22 is better than in the past 4 seasons. We are taller and cleaner with the skills, and there appears a willingness to contest.
What we lack though is the depth of previous seasons. With so may peripheral players no longer at the Club, the ressies are mainly going to be filled up with kids who might be a season or two away from being league-ready.

I know he's not a big-bodied recruit but don't forget Bailey Reeves too.
I don't care if the reserves lose every match, as long as they hang around & learn better skills.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Big Phil » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:08 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

5 recruits

I don't care if the reserves lose every match, as long as they hang around & learn better skills.

See above, Gazza.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:25 pm

Big Phil wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

5 recruits

See above, Gazza.

My back is bent, my eyes are weak..............
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:53 pm

Big Phil wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

5 recruits

See above, Gazza.

And further to that he is definitely a big bodied (mid) recruit... in fact some have confused him with Buechner (BP!)
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:49 am

northerner wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

5 recruits

See above, Gazza.

And further to that he is definitely a big bodied (mid) recruit... in fact some have confused him with Buechner (BP!)

Now that the NT season is over, Jamie Jones is joining us from Nightcliff, another defender.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Hazydog » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:04 am

He was named in the ressies on Saturday - did he play?
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby TDJ44 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:29 am

Hazydog wrote:He was named in the ressies on Saturday - did he play?

Yes he did,wears a helmet.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:52 pm

No side was undefeated in the trial games.

I think there will be a lot of confusion/adjusting to the stand rule.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby oldfella » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:38 pm

On face value as a West Adelaide's support the performance against a team i have high respect for Glenelg (top 5 IMO) gives me hope for this season will not be as bad as last year for us long suffering Bloods supporters .

But the real question in trying to judge this is how strong was the Glenelg side --- can a Bay supporter give me some feedback on the Bays in this trial game please
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:10 pm

oldfella wrote:On face value as a West Adelaide's support the performance against a team i have high respect for Glenelg (top 5 IMO) gives me hope for this season will not be as bad as last year for us long suffering Bloods supporters .

But the real question in trying to judge this is how strong was the Glenelg side --- can a Bay supporter give me some feedback on the Bays in this trial game please

I watched the trial vs North but not against West. We played a near full strength side both times.
It was also over 30 degrees at Richmond last week, different players were managed I’m told.
Trial game form is just that, forgotten already.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby oldfella » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:20 am

Thank you
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Fluffbag » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:53 pm

oldfella wrote:On face value as a West Adelaide's support the performance against a team i have high respect for Glenelg (top 5 IMO) gives me hope for this season will not be as bad as last year for us long suffering Bloods supporters .

Long Suffering Bloods Supporters? At least you seen a premiership in your lifetime (assuming you are over 6 years old)

I never seen a GF win in colour!
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby RB » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Fluffbag wrote:I never seen a GF win in colour!

The 1964 grand final was actually played in colour, but yes no colour footage of it unfortunately.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL