PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I had a premonition that there could be a couple of Bradbury's on the cards this season.

As last seasons Grade 3 premiers, not sure Eyre B grade would be classed a "Bradbury". ;)

It's not by accident that ATCO are miles ahead on the table, and your lot are more than capable to take it out.

There are 2, maybe 3 players in the team from that side, one batted 9 and the other batted 11, neither bowled, 5 or 6 are playing A's now, their season was shot at 2-7, a favourable arse end draw gave them a leg up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:28 pm

Eleventh GF in the row for Salisbury West

Fingers and toes crossed EP can knock them off.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:47 am

Not only has the 6 team per division given the comp more even games across the board it has given us some cracking semi's across the board.

I wonder how many people had the app open checking the progress of the Eastern Park vs Angle Vale clash? What an epic battle as it ebbed and flowed, I'm sure the GF is going to deliver the same entertainment between the best two sides of the season.

I got to watch the arse end of the Craigmore vs Eyre Royals semi where Brookes and Cam were making a late surge for the win with Cam getting hold of a couple of lusty hits, in the end the Blues got up by 22 runs but it was an entertaining finish.

Grade 3 was an absolute arm wrestle on day two, Royals were cruising then got stuck in a web and then were cruising again until they needed 3 to win before Adam Gully took 3/0 to turn the game on it's head again, Royals eventual winners. Millards 171 ball 57 proving to be the catalyst behind the win as he batted with great patience against an attack that is very well drilled and disciplined, they give nothing away.

Grade 5 seen a tied match.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Not only has the 6 team per division given the comp more even games across the board

We are thankful for the change in format this season - it gave us as a club an opportunity to experience some on field success again after a very difficult couple of seasons.

Two seasons ago, we were rolled for 45 in the last round by North Pines then had them hit almost 400 runs taking the piss out of us as we crawled to the finish line.. last year similar with Eyre Royals - rolled them for 181 with half a team, before getting skittled for 96 ultimately losing outright. The side was compiled with basically left overs we couldn't even get a competitive 11 on the park and the season couldn't end soon enough.

Lot of long Saturdays the past couple of years being beaten from pillar to post.

From a club point of view, still no A grade flag since 1982 haunts me every day.. since I've returned to Enfield from R&C :

2013/14 - lost a GF by 1 wicket defending 65
2014/15 - lost a SF chasing 76
2015/16 - lost a SF chasing 155
2016/17 - lost a GF defending 190
2017/18 - lost a GF chasing 74
2018/19 - lost a SF chasing 127 (dropped catch should've had them 8/74)
2021/22 - lost a SF defending 156, bowled 79.1 overs, took 9 wickets and dropped 7 catches.

Not sure how many more seasons I can keep rocking up, pouring everything into the club and season and coming up short.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:58 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Not only has the 6 team per division given the comp more even games across the board

We are thankful for the change in format this season - it gave us as a club an opportunity to experience some on field success again after a very difficult couple of seasons.

Two seasons ago, we were rolled for 45 in the last round by North Pines then had them hit almost 400 runs taking the piss out of us as we crawled to the finish line.. last year similar with Eyre Royals - rolled them for 181 with half a team, before getting skittled for 96 ultimately losing outright. The side was compiled with basically left overs we couldn't even get a competitive 11 on the park and the season couldn't end soon enough.

Lot of long Saturdays the past couple of years being beaten from pillar to post.

From a club point of view, still no A grade flag since 1982 haunts me every day.. since I've returned to Enfield from R&C :

2013/14 - lost a GF by 1 wicket defending 65
2014/15 - lost a SF chasing 76
2015/16 - lost a SF chasing 155
2016/17 - lost a GF defending 190
2017/18 - lost a GF chasing 74
2018/19 - lost a SF chasing 127 (dropped catch should've had them 8/74)
2021/22 - lost a SF defending 156, bowled 79.1 overs, took 9 wickets and dropped 7 catches.

Not sure how many more seasons I can keep rocking up, pouring everything into the club and season and coming up short.

You put your heart and soul into it mate, I could feel your pain yesterday after spending more than a dozen years running a club and multiple teams, you do it all man and regardless of if you are from the opposition or not, you wouldn't be human if you didn't sympathise for you as you left the oval.

I wish you and your club all the best for the future, it was only the 3rd time I've seen Enfield play and in all my years of cricket I had never been to that ground, you guys are all class and a credit yourselves and club.

Much respect.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I had never been to that ground, you guys are all class and a credit yourselves and club.

Thanks sir.. bloody disappointing the clubrooms situation at the moment - council has really stuffed us around with that, it's embarrassing hosting sides and not having any facilities including toilets to utilise.

They promised us portable toilets, portable changerooms and some sort of facility to use for a canteen - and we have nothing.. instead they cut the water off, fence off our building and then tell us they wont start construction until June! It's absolutely ******, and financial had huge impacts.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby auto » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Thank f*** that season is over. Let us never speak of it again.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:06 pm

auto wrote:Thank f*** that season is over. Let us never speak of it again.

We won't mention bowling first will we?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:08 pm

There are two simple rules that must be followed in a final.

1: If you win the toss, you bat first.

I forgot the other one.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
auto wrote:Thank f*** that season is over. Let us never speak of it again.

We won't mention bowling first will we?
Come to the conclusion that our captain is a borderline psychopath with serial killer tendencies. Who the hell bowls first ever?

auto
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:There are two simple rules that must be followed in a final.

I forgot the other one.

I remember the GF I captained against Atco to which BT was their skipper. Walked up to do the toss and he says we tossing to see who bats first hey......absolutely we are. We won the toss and gave it the old we are definitely not bowling.

That was the same year Bedge bowled first and won outright I believe.

I reckon the SW/EP GF is going to be one of those coin toss finals. Wouldn't want to be chasing anymore than 120 against those bowling line ups.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:17 pm

Craigmore/Smitty GF will be real interesting.

One team batting with a goal of staying out there for 70 overs and accumulating a score whilst the other bats with freedom and looks to attack all bowlers. I reckon if Smithfield can hold their nerve and bat with the confidence and freedom they have all year they will do over Craigmore.
whufc
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:There are two simple rules that must be followed in a final.

I forgot the other one.

I’ve always heard the same that’s why I found it very strange that on a beautiful batting day Saturday, angle vale won the toss and sent eastern park in to bat first! Obviously did a good enough job keeping us to only 117 but it’s the first time I’ve been sent in first during a final..
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:32 am

auto wrote:Come to the conclusion that our captain is a borderline psychopath with serial killer tendencies. Who the hell bowls first ever?

Was that a running joke on Sunday with you guys? I heard the exact same line from a Two Wellsian on Sunday arvo.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:33 am

Crazy prediction after doing a mock Brownlow....................The Carman brothers to tie.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:05 pm

I forgot the other one.

the two I captained, won the toss bowled both times
Result = 2 wins

So I say your theory is shite! :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Executive Member wrote:

I forgot the other one.

the two I captained, won the toss bowled both times
Result = 2 wins

So I say your theory is shite! :lol:

:lol: Exactly! Back to back premierships at Fitzroy doing the same.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 am

Plenty of mutual respect between EP and westies but there will be some fire in this game.. Both teams full of match winners, bat deep, bowling options and good fielding sides! Haven’t been this keen for a game of cricket in my life

One for the ages some would say, hardest trip in the game playing westies at westies especially in a grand final! But we’re all up for it and I hope it’s a cracking game of cricket for myself to finish up on! Good luck to everyone else playing in GFs this weekend.. never easy to win!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby auto » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:48 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Plenty of mutual respect between EP and westies but there will be some fire in this game.. Both teams full of match winners, bat deep, bowling options and good fielding sides! Haven’t been this keen for a game of cricket in my life

One for the ages some would say, hardest trip in the game playing westies at westies especially in a grand final! But we’re all up for it and I hope it’s a cracking game of cricket for myself to finish up on! Good luck to everyone else playing in GFs this weekend.. never easy to win!
Sounds like youre ready to run through a brick wall haha. Good luck.

Im gonna have to pick my old club and tip Westies for div 1.

Div 2 i have no knowledge or personal carefactor for either team. Ill tip Smithfield because i work with a guy name Smith.

Div 3. Hopefully a nil all draw but in reality ATCO have been far and away the best team all year and should be too strong.

Div 4. Westies
Div 5. Westies by a jmac long bomb

(Big party at Westies if my tips are right)

Lo1. Vi$ta. Tipping Hoddo to hit 200 and break the 1000 run season mark. And for gods sake Vista need to step up to 2 day cricket, would easily handle div3/2 cricket.

Lo2. Units
Lo3. Vi$ta
Lo4. Risers
Lo5. Todd Weidenbach
Lo6. Virginia

Club of the year. Westies
Is club of the year a thing in pdca?

auto
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:50 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Plenty of mutual respect between EP and westies but there will be some fire in this game.. Both teams full of match winners, bat deep, bowling options and good fielding sides! Haven’t been this keen for a game of cricket in my life

This isn't a retirement announcement is it......best years ahead of you. :D

Best of luck to you I know the likes of Berty Banks, Johnny Ashworth, Bones will be watching from up above, winning div3 and div 2 flags was great and part of the process but to win the club a div 1 title for the first time in at least 25 years and probably longer will be amazing. Will be clued to Mycricket over the weekend.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps