Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
DOC wrote:and milk bottles and mint leaves.

They just don't make spearmint leaves like they used to.

My daughter and I fight over the black cats.

and this is what I dont get - Allens are effectively saying that more people like the taste of licorice than banana.

This is what's wrong with the world today.

We can share a bag of lollies any day.

Just like the green snakes are always the last ones left in the bag.

Love them all except for the orange ones, they give me heartburn.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:23 am

That's unusual Gaz.

The only difference between all of them is the cancer causing artificial flavour that they use.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:24 am

DOC wrote:That's unusual Gaz.

The only difference between all of them is the cancer causing artificial flavour that they use.

Maybe the orange ones are more cancerous?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:14 am

Missing out on the Ebert tribute match tomorrow night.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:26 am

Feel for ya Boon
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby MW » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:04 pm

One of my best mates passing away to brain cancer at 47 :(
Fought so hard for many years, now at peace :(
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:04 pm

MW wrote:One of my best mates passing away to brain cancer at 47 :(

Way too young!
Condolences mate.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Sorry to hear MW
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:50 pm

Initials GT?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Initials GT?

Yep
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:58 pm

MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Initials GT?

Yep

I know his brother well, very sad :(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby JK » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Condolences mate :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:29 pm

Popped into the pub tonight to put my tips in and finding out one of my mates from there passed away last night.

He was only telling me last Thursday that they’ve eradicated his cancer but died because his liver quit on him.

He was a gay bloke just shy of 60 that always paid the f*** out of me and I was never hesitant to return fire, the world lost a bloody good bloke who had a heart of gold.

RIP Craig. :(
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 11, 2022 8:55 am

Being a parent is by far the most challenging job we will ever do in our lives, there's the highlights, the proud dad moments and then there's the despair, the f*** ups they do and and the heartache they feel.

I've learnt to be a pretty resilient strong minded person but when it comes to my kids it really tests me, not at the time but when I reflect on situations by myself.

Having my son come home and wake me up at midnight to tell me of one of his best mates passing away in a motorcycle crash has ripped me apart, the world just isn't fair and we are just a part of the domino effect, there's a mother who's son didn't come home for dinner last night.

My lad went and seen the mum and family last night, truly devastating.

My two girls and son always finish our convo with "love you", it makes me smile and feel so lucky every time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 11, 2022 8:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Being a parent is by far the most challenging job we will ever do in our lives, there's the highlights, the proud dad moments and then there's the despair, the f*** ups they do and and the heartache they feel.

I've learnt to be a pretty resilient strong minded person but when it comes to my kids it really tests me, not at the time but when I reflect on situations by myself.

Having my son come home and wake me up at midnight to tell me of one of his best mates passing away in a motorcycle crash has ripped me apart, the world just isn't fair and we are just a part of the domino effect, there's a mother who's son didn't come home for dinner last night.

My two girls and son always finish our convo with "love you", it makes me smile and feel so lucky every time.

Terrible news mate, a life taken too soon.

Same, always end with "Love you" and even at 25 and 21 they get a couple of hugs and a kiss on the cheek every week, whether they like it or not. I know they do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 11, 2022 9:46 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Being a parent is by far the most challenging job we will ever do in our lives, there's the highlights, the proud dad moments and then there's the despair, the f*** ups they do and and the heartache they feel.

Terrible news mate, a life taken too soon.

Same, always end with "Love you" and even at 25 and 21 they get a couple of hugs and a kiss on the cheek every week, whether they like it or not. I know they do.

Absolutely, it was always the signature line with my two girls, since escaping death with his bout of meningitis he developed has followed suit, I still bear the scars from that ordeal, he knows when it's affecting me so he gives me a hug and says "Dad, I made it through, that's all that matters".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 11, 2022 10:25 am

I really feel for you and your family LM :heart: :heart:

My boys and their girlfriends are not party heads, I am so grateful for that. Wednesday they go to a quiz night at the pub and I stay awake until they are home , couldn’t stand them coming home in the middle of the night each weekend.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 11, 2022 10:59 am

Brodlach wrote:I really feel for you and your family LM :heart: :heart:

My boys and their girlfriends are not party heads, I am so grateful for that. Wednesday they go to a quiz night at the pub and I stay awake until they are home , couldn’t stand them coming home in the middle of the night each weekend.

I'm grateful that mine aren't either, the lad might have a few sneaky ones with some mates but he is generally with one lad who is very level headed and drives them home, he is an exceptional sportsman who doesn't drink, it helps me sleep.

I do tell them to ring me if they're ever stuck, I don't get on the piss very often nowadays otherwise I'll uber them home.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 11, 2022 1:34 pm

That's horrible LM

My lad left home at 4am this morning to head North of Leigh Creek on Operation Flinders for the next 8 days, been tracking his snap maps as he travelled up there this morning and he is now officially offline for that period, it will be awesome for him and I know he will have a great time, but not being able to reach out to him, even a quick message, for the next week is going to be bloody tough!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 11, 2022 2:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:

That's horrible LM

My lad left home at 4am this morning to head North of Leigh Creek on Operation Flinders for the next 8 days, been tracking his snap maps as he travelled up there this morning and he is now officially offline for that period, it will be awesome for him and I know he will have a great time, but not being able to reach out to him, even a quick message, for the next week is going to be bloody tough!

Yes, that would be difficult, you guys are a tight knit family so it would be testing, gonna be pretty awesome once he returns, you will all be glowing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion