PLAY HQ

Adelaide Footy League Talk

PLAY HQ

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:49 am

The new system PLAYHQ certainly has it quirks.

The Premiership table has the percentages AFL style. For some teams this might be a good thing if they got smashed in round 1 as they still have a percentage of + 50%

You still don't get a finalized team sheet at the end of the day once you have keyed in your goal kickers and best players.

You still have to fill it out by hand if you want to keep a record.

I most definitely do not like the look up score report.

It now shows what gets kicked for the qtr. not the accumulative score. Something that we have all grown up with.
It just looks untidy from my point of view.

For years we have always keyed in the accumulative score now this. Members were asking why does it look like that or words to that effect or did I screw up when putting the score in.

When I explained it to them the answers were not exactly printable for this forum.

Thoughts????
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Re: PLAY HQ

Postby blublurag » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:56 am

What about the ‘private’ player. Good luck with that historians.
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby zedman » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:01 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:The new system PLAYHQ certainly has it quirks.

The Premiership table has the percentages AFL style. For some teams this might be a good thing if they got smashed in round 1 as they still have a percentage of + 50%

You still don't get a finalized team sheet at the end of the day once you have keyed in your goal kickers and best players.

You still have to fill it out by hand if you want to keep a record.

I most definitely do not like the look up score report.

It now shows what gets kicked for the qtr. not the accumulative score. Something that we have all grown up with.
It just looks untidy from my point of view.

For years we have always keyed in the accumulative score now this. Members were asking why does it look like that or words to that effect or did I screw up when putting the score in.

When I explained it to them the answers were not exactly printable for this forum.

Thoughts????

It’s an ugly mess unfortunately.

The quarter by quarter scores doing my head in.

Surely this was all checked out before committing to the new system?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Sass! » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:26 am

Definitely created its head aches for me yesterday.. It was always going to have teething issues but it was an additonal headache for round 1!

the adding of scores and best players after the game is significantly easier than Game Day in my view, and in a couple of months time i am hoping alot of the kinks have been ironed out. Its come a long way in a few months and actually seems like there is significant investment in getting it right for end users.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:33 am

It absolutely sucks, navigation is awful
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Brodlach » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:12 pm

Sass! wrote:Definitely created its head aches for me yesterday.. It was always going to have teething issues but it was an additonal headache for round 1!

the adding of scores and best players after the game is significantly easier than Game Day in my view, and in a couple of months time i am hoping alot of the kinks have been ironed out. Its come a long way in a few months and actually seems like there is significant investment in getting it right for end users.

100% agree with this, I don’t mind it at all.

Entering scores, best players and goals was so much easier
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:19 pm

Cool your jets people. When leagues started using the footyweb system (later renamed sportstg then gameday) clubs had early issues with score entry and leagues had issues with getting the numerous settings correct for their league. You only have to look at other leagues to see that the accum qtr score is showing. I entered scores for all our matches yesterday and you enter each qtr for what was kicked in the qtr but next to it the accum score shows. Its clearly just a system setting that determines how the scores get displayed on the public website. Just like how % is showing in the AFL style not the SANFL. It sometimes needs R1 to be played before theses settings can be seen then fixed. I found the Game Day score, goals and best players page to be very user friendly once you work out some of the differences from the old system. Unfortunately some data entry people have made some blues and lodged period scores as end of period scores (take a look at D4 - Plympton v Mitcham). Be patient people - the league will work through some of the settings that need to be adjusted and life for us local footy nuffies will return to normal.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Sass! » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 pm

Anyone that has been part of a system change in their job will appreciate that until you implement, alot of the issues dont surface. I am tipping headaches for first couple of rounds but we will all be in a better place beyond that.

I had a crack at live scoring yesterday and one thing i can confirm is that i have the attention span of a toddler and am not cut out to watch every second of the game. That and wanting to talk to everyone i bumped into made it quite the challenge for me, looking forward to palming that responsibility off quick smart.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:03 pm

and we play quarters, not periods.

it did my head in on friday getting everything ready for round 1 at unley making sure players were registered, getting some clearances, and then finally working out how to load the teams to be shown on the adelaide footy league website.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby scottroo » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:12 pm

Everything is harder the Friday before round one
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Just wait to cricket season. People have spent years learning mycricket and now have to swap
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:Just wait to cricket season. People have spent years learning mycricket and now have to swap

The livescore is fine (besides the odd glitch here and there) but the desktop data entry version is horrid.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:30 pm

Do we take some cold comfort that AFL would be copping from everyone ?

Apparently the head of AFL Community in Melbourne has copped some tongue acid on Monday that had the AFL guy needing to look up some of the words in the Dictionary used to describe the system and I dare say the AFL too. :lol:

Plenty of other comps having just a hard time of it...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:35 pm

gadj1976
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Do we take some cold comfort that AFL would be copping from everyone ?

Apparently the head of AFL Community in Melbourne has copped some tongue acid on Monday that had the AFL guy needing to look up some of the words in the Dictionary used to describe the system and I dare say the AFL too. [emoji38]

Plenty of other comps having just a hard time of it...
I don't think the big comps in Melb are using it, the AFL are probably fine with it...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Password Please » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:40 am

Geez, just tried to look up the results and just check things out.

Not much good by the looks.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Barkeroo » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:33 am

Don't mind the look of it so far but it would be good if Goal Kickers were listed the same way Best Players are. Also is there a section to look up leading goalkickers for a league or am I completely blind :lol:
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:45 pm

anyone from juniors on here?

Having trouble allocating kids to a team sheet, stating 'age and gender' and 'non binary' as reasons we can't put a kid on a team sheet :shock:
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:55 pm

It seems the system has a default setting that only allows you to allocate players to a team who turn that age in the current year. e.g. only a child born in 2008 can be allocated to an Under 14 team. This is obviously stupid and the league should be able to adjust the parameters to allow a wider range of ages for selection in a team. If the league can't then they need to get PlayHQ to change the settings. Can't answer the gender one but in the AdFL there were some issues with team selections for non-binary in male and female comps but the league was able to change the settings at their end to allow this.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:55 pm

Down the Hill wrote:It seems the system has a default setting that only allows you to allocate players to a team who turn that age in the current year. e.g. only a child born in 2008 can be allocated to an Under 14 team. This is obviously stupid and the league should be able to adjust the parameters to allow a wider range of ages for selection in a team. If the league can't then they need to get PlayHQ to change the settings. Can't answer the gender one but in the AdFL there were some issues with team selections for non-binary in male and female comps but the league was able to change the settings at their end to allow this.

The SANFL just confirmed this. So for the girls who have age group gaps, the setting is that they must be born in 2006 to play U16's. My daughter is 15, wanting to play U16's but can't be put on the team sheet as she's not born in 2006. I'm investigating with the SANFL as we speak.

I'm sure they'll be able to fix it pretty easily now that I've seen their response.

Cheers
gadj1976
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League