PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:23 am

auto wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:A rumour doing the rounds further north is that two clubs from this association are enquiring about BLCA
The clue is in the wording - further "North". North Pines and Salisbury North confirmed.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
Incorrect from my understanding
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:26 am

whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:A rumour doing the rounds further north is that two clubs from this association are enquiring about BLCA

Would have to be two of AV, Virginia, Dublin? All 3 of those clubs are real solid on and off the field and would be surprised if the BLCA had many reasons to reject them.

Two Wells don't have their shit together enough unless they think the move will draw in players like it has for Long Plains.

Will say though there always seems to be a rumour or two about PDCA joining other comps but rarely do they come to fruition.
I would say the list of requirements to enter the BLCA would be quite onerous and gut feel is that I find it unlikely that any would be accepted
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:29 am

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Would have to be two of AV, Virginia, Dublin? All 3 of those clubs are real solid on and off the field and would be surprised if the BLCA had many reasons to reject them.

Two Wells don't have their shit together enough unless they think the move will draw in players like it has for Long Plains.

Will say though there always seems to be a rumour or two about PDCA joining other comps but rarely do they come to fruition.
I would say the list of requirements to enter the BLCA would be quite onerous and gut feel is that I find it unlikely that any would be accepted

Whilst I hope they don't leave I reckon AV in particular would be a great fit for the BLCA. Not that far to travel. Always get their 4-5 solid senior teams at all levels. Have women's teams and junior teams. In a growth suburb. with a lot of sustainability. History of being a very well run club.

Downside would be whether they would ever be able to get a turf pitch in there especially given the amount of issues the Council have had just getting the ovals right over there.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby auto » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:36 am

Jim05 wrote:
auto wrote:
The clue is in the wording - further "North". North Pines and Salisbury North confirmed.

Incorrect from my understanding
Was tongue in cheek. Assume it is Dublin and someone else.

auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:54 am

Two Wells and Angle Vale.. also heard Eyre Royals have enquired.
Last edited by The Bedge on Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:57 am

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:

I think that one of the clubs in question would be an attractive candidate for the BLCA.

A lot will hinge on whether their local council would be willing to come to the party with converting their pitch to turf.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:00 am

If its AV i would say that could be an issue. That Oval has had lots and lots spent on it and lots has gone wrong.

The cost to put in a turf pitch and the double up of moving to a comp outside of their Council region might be problematic.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:38 am

whufc wrote:If its AV i would say that could be an issue. That Oval has had lots and lots spent on it and lots has gone wrong.

The cost to put in a turf pitch and the double up of moving to a comp outside of their Council region might be problematic.

Whilst I have no idea if they are club 2, Angle Vale have a 2nd oval deeper into their complex closer to Angle Vale Road, it has lights and other facilities, it is neatly tucked away past the soccer pitches, near the netball courts, it looks quite impressive.

It will be used this year by their juniors on Sunday's to lighten the traffic on their main oval, I must say, usually the Angle Vale main oval looks blotchy with about 4 different types of grass growing on it, it looked as good as I've ever seen it a couple of weeks ago.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:11 am

Why is a turf pitch the barrier for AV? I thought BLCA was a mix of turf and hard wicket - isn't Gawler Central hard wicket?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:34 am

The Bedge wrote:Two Wells and Angle Vale.. also heard Eyre Royals have enquired.

For clubs to want to leave must mean they are slightly disgruntled in the PDCA......what reasons would those clubs have. At a guess the only things the Barossa offers that PDCA doesn't are, have I missed any.

-Separated competitions for each format
-Larger amount of teams in competitions
-Games on Turf
-Greater use of technology eg live scoring for nearly all games in the Barossa

One thing that stands out a tad is that the PDCA has somewhat failed to move with modern times eg not really embracing the technology available. Only just getting on board a proper T20 competition.

Or is it more to do with the player standards, unhappiness with administration.
whufc
Coach

PDCA

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:36 am

The Bedge wrote:Why is a turf pitch the barrier for AV? I thought BLCA was a mix of turf and hard wicket - isn't Gawler Central hard wicket?
Yes GC still is hard wicket and as such they are not allowed to play in A1. The top tier is turf only as a requirement. Centrals and South came in earlier but Sandy Creek who were the last PDCA club admitted to the BLCA had a requirement to have turf within a set time period to be admitted.
With Willaston recently having turf installed it is about 90% of clubs with turf now
Jim05
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:40 am

"I would say the list of requirements to enter the BLCA would be quite onerous and gut feel is that I find it unlikely that any would be accepted"

can say if a turf wicket is not in the future planning then it is unlikely they will be admitted

as stated unable to play in A1 without turf, Willaston go up this year as premiers of A2 as their Turf will be ready to go
GC as runners up unlikely as their Turf future is still hazy
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:48 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Two Wells and Angle Vale.. also heard Eyre Royals have enquired.

For clubs to want to leave must mean they are slightly disgruntled in the PDCA......what reasons would those clubs have. At a guess the only things the Barossa offers that PDCA doesn't are, have I missed any.

-Games on Turf

One thing that stands out a tad is that the PDCA has somewhat failed to move with modern times eg not really embracing the technology available. Only just getting on board a proper T20 competition.

Could be any reason - unhappiness, location, turf, perhaps feel they've outgrown the PDCA.. who knows.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:53 am

Arry Gablett wrote:"I would say the list of requirements to enter the BLCA would be quite onerous and gut feel is that I find it unlikely that any would be accepted"

can say if a turf wicket is not in the future planning then it is unlikely they will be admitted

as stated unable to play in A1 without turf, Willaston go up this year as premiers of A2 as their Turf will be ready to go
South avoided relegation this season because Centrals were unable to be promoted for this very reason
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:55 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:

-Games on Turf

Could be any reason - unhappiness, location, turf, perhaps feel they've outgrown the PDCA.. who knows.

I've heard a few clubs mention this at times.....what does it actually mean.

Like SW could lay claim i suppose because they win that many bloody trophies. :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:03 am

Jim05 wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:"I would say the list of requirements to enter the BLCA would be quite onerous and gut feel is that I find it unlikely that any would be accepted"

South avoided relegation this season because Centrals were unable to be promoted for this very reason

For A2 teams this is a blessing, its more fun playing GC than South, despite removing a couple of clowns a few years ago their still a circus to play against
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:14 am

Arry Gablett wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

For A2 teams this is a blessing, its more fun playing GC than South, despite removing a couple of clowns a few years ago their still a circus to play against

Yep they were an embarrassment the day they played in the T20 comp against Sevenhill and Spalding. Arguing all day with the umpires over the most minuscule calls, sledging fielders whilst Sevenhill played Spalding, bagging hard wicket to which I laughed knowing they had been on hard wicket for years. etc.

Was great when we (Sevenhill) beat them.....

Funnily enough 2 years later I moved to Spalding and now play for them, one reason being is they were a great bunch of lads to play against on that day.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:Why is a turf pitch the barrier for AV? I thought BLCA was a mix of turf and hard wicket - isn't Gawler Central hard wicket?

Ultimately if you want to play in the top grade you need a turf pitch, South Gawler have been spared relegation because Gawler Centrals still have a hard wicket deck.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Ultimately if you want to play in the top grade you need a turf pitch, South Gawler have been spared relegation because Gawler Centrals still have a hard wicket deck.

Just call me Sandra Sully, sorry.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Observer55 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:05 pm

One competition growing, producing Grade Cricketers. One Competition slowly crumbling, refusing to change their script.

Would think the two clubs Virginia and Dublin with Barkers and Lay influencing, maybe Eastern Park with Head?
Observer55

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps