AFL Round 4

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:17 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Interesting narrative around Walkers return.

?????

Some on socials celebrating the "return of the King" ( that is a quote I've seen ) others questioning how he kept his job and everything in between.

Me, I think Adelaide had an opportunity to show some footage of him in schools, in the community, somewhat a redemption video and some words from Walker about what's he's learned, how he could influence others to change their thinking. Opportunity missed I think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:33 am

Pity he didn't come back through the reserves at Prospect. I'm sure he would have got a warm welcome. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:52 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

?????

Some on socials celebrating the "return of the King" ( that is a quote I've seen ) others questioning how he kept his job and everything in between.

Me, I think Adelaide had an opportunity to show some footage of him in schools, in the community, somewhat a redemption video and some words from Walker about what's he's learned, how he could influence others to change their thinking. Opportunity missed I think.

It really didn't matter what they did, he's getting canned regardless. Crows showed what Tex has done in the community since multiple times, but that post from what probably was a 20 year old intern on social media, just gave the trolls something to feed on simply because they put a 8) emoji on it. some of the social media comments though one even linking it with Goodes vilification and Hawthorn's racism towards Cyril...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:54 am

Wedgie wrote:Pity he didn't come back through the reserves at Prospect. I'm sure he would have got a warm welcome. :D

Especially after he kicked his 15th goal ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:06 am

tigerpie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Pity he didn't come back through the reserves at Prospect. I'm sure he would have got a warm welcome. :D

Especially after he kicked his 15th goal ;)

He's only kicked 14 in the SANFL? Thought it would have been more! 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:34 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

?????

It really didn't matter what they did, he's getting canned regardless. Crows showed what Tex has done in the community since multiple times, but that post from what probably was a 20 year old intern on social media, just gave the trolls something to feed on simply because they put a 8) emoji on it. some of the social media comments though one even linking it with Goodes vilification and Hawthorn's racism towards Cyril...

Whilst it cant be linked as such to Cyril case it does paint an ugly picture for the AFL that showcases how poorly they have handled racism in the sport for years and years now.

Just as major allegations have been alleged a superstar of the game returns from a very generous spell on the sidelines for one of the more prominent racisms case in more recent times.

The timing couldn't be worse from an AFL perspective.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:38 am

The AFL has done a great deal in the last couple of years including introducing full time Indigenous Relations Managers at clubs for this season onwards who not only do a lot in the club but also get out in the community.
Things are definitely on the improve and the AFL definitely treat the issue seriously and are throwing some serious coin and time at it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:41 am

Wedgie wrote:The AFL has done a great deal in the last couple of years including introducing full time Indigenous Relations Managers at clubs for this season onwards who not only do a lot in the club but also get out in the community.
Things are definitely on the improve and the AFL definitely treat the issue seriously and are throwing some serious coin and time at it.

I'm not sold on that as yet. Its all good and well to have roles such as indigenous relations managers but when they had the chance to make a real statement they failed epically imo.
whufc
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:45 am

I wonder why then when Sam Mitchell confirms a senior player asked if a teammates wife is a b***g, this gets no media attention. Would have thought that is just as bad as what Tex said.
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:51 am

MW wrote:I wonder why then when Sam Mitchell confirms a senior player asked if a teammates wife is a b***g, this gets no media attention. Would have thought that is just as bad as what Tex said.

A senior player from 9 years ago.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:54 am

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:I wonder why then when Sam Mitchell confirms a senior player asked if a teammates wife is a b***g, this gets no media attention. Would have thought that is just as bad as what Tex said.

Ah ok, there's a statute of limitations on racism. Got it.
MW
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:55 am

huh????

The media attention is growing by the day on this one. It's very much a developing story in all the news feeds that I see.
whufc
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:55 am

whufc wrote:

huh????

The media attention is growing by the day on this one. It's very much a developing story in all the news feeds that I see.

I hope so.
MW
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:12 am

MW wrote:
whufc wrote:

huh????

I hope so.

100%

Personally cant see how it can just 'drift' away especially if true. I mean look at what happened to Eddie Maguire.

I know this one doesn't appear as 'systematic' but surely even Kennett can't weasel his way out of this one.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:16 am

whufc wrote:
MW wrote:
whufc wrote:

huh????

I hope so.

100%

Personally cant see how it can just 'drift' away especially if true. I mean look at what happened to Eddie Maguire.

I know this one doesn't appear as 'systematic' but surely even Kennett can't weasel his way out of this one.

Systemic*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:40 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Systemic*

Hydromatic
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:55 am

Wedgie wrote:

Kennett still has a large collection of Golliwogs in his office and even has one named Buddy and this bloke is president of a football club in this day and age.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:59 am

whufc wrote:

huh????

Are they the same news feeds that Daisy and Apache see?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Systemic*

Hydromatic

Grease Lightning McQueen
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:24 pm

mots02 wrote:
whufc wrote:

huh????

Are they the same news feeds that Daisy and Apache see?

How so.....given I am very much a pro vaxer :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL