AFL Round 4

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:37 pm

That should get Motlop a 2 year extension
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45121
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3119 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby MW » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:38 pm

Motlop junk time expert
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11715
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2157 times
Been liked: 1545 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:39 pm

Booney wrote:I say this with all seriousness, Melbourne should be ashamed of themselves only beating us by 7 goals tonight.


An early and very succinct review.

Not one of your best but appreciate it none the less.
User avatar
mots02
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 646 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:40 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:The difference in decision making between the two teams especially in the forward half has been massive, Ports has been poor.

Melbourne's pressure has been elite.

Didn’t help losing a key defender and replacing him with a midfielder when we were already lacking height on a dry night.

Melbourne’s pressure has been brilliant, their awareness of where their team mates are is exceptional too, they play for each other and are so well disciplined.

We need to play two ruckmen unless it’s belting down.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47773
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3903 times
Been liked: 6873 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:40 pm

Going to be a lot of pissed off punters, Port got it under 39.5
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6444
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 793 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:45 pm

What was Wines injury?
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14652
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1583 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:46 pm

DOC wrote:What was Wines injury?

Feeling off colour
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41080
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3219 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:47 pm

DOC wrote:What was Wines injury?


ask daisy or apache
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6444
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 793 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:47 pm

Brodlach wrote:
DOC wrote:What was Wines injury?

Feeling off colour

Red?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47773
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3903 times
Been liked: 6873 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:48 pm

am Bays wrote:We can smirk all we want but I repeat as an SA Football fan there’s no real pleasure in this.


Yes there is.

LOTS.
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8175
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 612 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
DOC wrote:What was Wines injury?

Feeling off colour

Red?


More pale than that, more like a crisp pale Pinot Gris.
User avatar
mots02
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 646 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:53 pm

Only two teams in the past 60 years have made finals from 0-4

Carlton next week, they’ll be 1-4
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41080
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3219 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:01 pm

Armchair expert wrote:I declare Port absolute certainties tonight, Melbourne will kick 8 goals 17 behinds


Onya Armie.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14652
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1583 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:03 pm

DOC wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:I declare Port absolute certainties tonight, Melbourne will kick 8 goals 17 behinds


Onya Armie.

In fairness he was only 3 points adrift of Melbourne's score!
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48561
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1595 times
Been liked: 3417 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:
DOC wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:I declare Port absolute certainties tonight, Melbourne will kick 8 goals 17 behinds


Onya Armie.

In fairness he was only 3 points adrift of Melbourne's score!


Play a 5th quarter and Port win
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6444
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 793 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:Only two teams in the past 60 years have made finals from 0-4

Carlton next week, they’ll be 1-4


Hmm, not so sure about that.
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8175
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 612 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby Corona Man » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:20 pm

Booney wrote:I say this with all seriousness, Melbourne should be ashamed of themselves only beating us by 7 goals tonight.

True. They took their eye off the ball when your mob ran with the comedy routine stuff. Magic coaching move by Kenny there.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11404
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1158 times
Been liked: 3050 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:31 pm

Brodlach wrote:Only two teams in the past 60 years have made finals from 0-4

Carlton next week, they’ll be 1-4

Can you name one of them 8)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16572
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2902 times
Been liked: 2254 times

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby stan » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:37 pm

It was pretty simple out there tonight for Port. They got smashed into he contested ball and clearances. Wines being injuried was a killer for them.

Melbourne for first look at it and a team that good just carved them up. Then when they went forward is was like dog shit.

Ports defence actually held on well, it was the medium forwards that got away from them. They really missed McKenzie out there.

There the review. Port need to get some more game time into I Mead, he's had 2 reasonable hitouts now. Get Sinn back into the side and also think about Hayes coming in.

I wouldn't say Melbourne didn't get out of 2md gear, they didn't even start the car lol
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14477
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 1142 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: AFL Round 4

Postby MW » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:42 pm

stan wrote:It was pretty simple out there tonight for Port. They got smashed into he contested ball and clearances. Wines being injuried was a killer for them.

Melbourne for first look at it and a team that good just carved them up. Then when they went forward is was like dog shit.

Ports defence actually held on well, it was the medium forwards that got away from them. They really missed McKenzie out there.

There the review. Port need to get some more game time into I Mead, he's had 2 reasonable hitouts now. Get Sinn back into the side and also think about Hayes coming in.


Wines nauseous? Anti vaxxers will love that
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11715
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2157 times
Been liked: 1545 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Booney and 2 guests