No votes
St Peters OC
15%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 39

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:54 am

Looks like the first one (which on the face of it might have been the worst) was awarded a free-kick for holding the ball.

My experience is that this isn't uncommon with dangerous tackles (particularly slings).

None seem to have been carded or match day reports.

In fairness to the umps I think a dangerous tackle can be pretty hard to adjudicate in the moment. A few years back we got a red card for one that there was nothing, in any view in it and the card was promptly rescinded following the video. The problem was that this was early in the first quarter meaning a player was lost for no good reason. I suspect the umpires are weary on that basis.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby harambe1 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:07 pm

were all sling tackles looked at that day or just Brighton’s? what’s the difference?
https://dartfi.sh/PBytrt8NLyl
1:39:15
harambe1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:01 am

Personally don't think that one meets the definition of sling.

Suspect that the Brighton player landed on his back side rather than head highly informative.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby harambe1 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:53 am

jo172 wrote:Personally don't think that one meets the definition of sling.

Suspect that the Brighton player landed on his back side rather than head highly informative.

there was no contact made with the body and the player was slung by his jumper. it's a sling tackle and a dangerous tackle by definition of the others in this game.
he landed on his back first but hit his head and hurt his shoulder.
harambe1
Mini-League

Postby Trader » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:26 am

jo172 wrote:Personally don't think that one meets the definition of sling.

Agreed, fair difference between the three that got games and that one.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:14 pm

jo172 wrote:If once is unfortunate, twice is careless what on earth is three in one game?

Give a yellow or a red for the first one instead of holding the ball and I suspect the other 2 probably don't happen..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:35 pm

S Demon wrote:
jo172 wrote:If once is unfortunate, twice is careless what on earth is three in one game?

Give a yellow or a red for the first one instead of holding the ball and I suspect the other 2 probably don't happen..

Part of me suspects that would happen if any of those tackles happened this week. Think there might have been a bit of rustiness on the part of the Umps consistent with it being round 1 (not a criticism, as above it's an extremely difficult rule to make a call on in the moment given it's often something is both holding the ball and a dangerous tackle)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Jet » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:57 pm

I played in the game, for Goodwood, but I felt the first one was super dangerous and we were quite shocked there was not even a free for sling tackle. The 2nd is clear as day as its out in the open but umpires didn't want to call either. For us the unfortunate part is the players suffered concussions and as a team with only 3 on the bench (dumbest rule in the league), we were down to 1 on the bench for 3 and a half quarters. Not an excuse as to why we lost, we weren't good enough but it makes no sense why we don't have 4. Considering that safety of players surrounding concussion is such an important issue.
Footy Jet
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:50 pm

Gullies by 5 points over Port Districts in a great game of footy. Could of gone either way, but a terrific effort by TTG to get up.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:18 pm

Goodwood by 5 goals against PNU in what was a pretty tight game until Goodwood broke it open in the last ten minutes with superior fitness.

Notwithstanding having the pleasure of seeing Liam Davis for five years Angus Rana's game at CHF was as good as you'll see at this level (but for a few errant set shots). Caught everything at its highest point anywhere near him. Masterful.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:19 pm

Results indicate we might be at a far more even comp than I feared which is a good sign.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Point man » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:01 pm

Whats the deal with finding best players online ? That stupid mygame has only goal kickers
Point man
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Brodlach » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:02 pm

Point man wrote:Whats the deal with finding best players online ? That stupid mygame has only goal kickers

Above the players listing it says best players
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby TheTranzlator » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:06 am

Went out and watched Glenunga take on SPOC. Was a terrific game of footy. The young rams team was up for 98% of the game but couldn’t kill it SPOC who won it with the last kick of the day… very lucky to get away with that one. The rams will win more game then not if they play like that… was 4qtrs of sustained pressure that SPOC couldn’t cope with. Kudos to Grima who has a well drilled team… can they be consistent enough to stay up? Only time will tell.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:36 am

TheTranzlator wrote:Went out and watched Glenunga take on SPOC. Was a terrific game of footy. The young rams team was up for 98% of the game but couldn’t kill it SPOC who won it with the last kick of the day… very lucky to get away with that one. The rams will win more game then not if they play like that… was 4qtrs of sustained pressure that SPOC couldn’t cope with. Kudos to Grima who has a well drilled team… can they be consistent enough to stay up? Only time will tell.

How is the depth at the Rams though?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby TheTranzlator » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:00 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
TheTranzlator wrote:Went out and watched Glenunga take on SPOC. Was a terrific game of footy. The young rams team was up for 98% of the game but couldn’t kill it SPOC who won it with the last kick of the day… very lucky to get away with that one. The rams will win more game then not if they play like that… was 4qtrs of sustained pressure that SPOC couldn’t cope with. Kudos to Grima who has a well drilled team… can they be consistent enough to stay up? Only time will tell.

Depth has always been a battle at the rams over the years from my knowledge. Depth the last couple of years has been improving. A very young B grade side with some decent talent, wouldn't surprise me if they beat a few strong B grade sides this season.

Shaping as a very strong and even Div 1 comp which is great from a neutral perspective.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times

Postby The Insider » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:49 pm

Few rumours flying around today. Is the Adelaide footy leagues golden boy in a bit of trouble? Or is that just old news and play on? Will await some official word…
The Insider
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Insider » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:51 pm

TheTranzlator wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Depth has always been a battle at the rams over the years from my knowledge. Depth the last couple of years has been improving. A very young B grade side with some decent talent, wouldn't surprise me if they beat a few strong B grade sides this season.

Shaping as a very strong and even Div 1 comp which is great from a neutral perspective.

Agreed, from what I’ve seen and heard. SPOC would be my favourites with their recruiting, experience and depth.. been knocking on the door for a while now. Quite an even and exciting comp though!
The Insider
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:39 pm

The Insider wrote:Few rumours flying around today. Is the Adelaide footy leagues golden boy in a bit of trouble? Or is that just old news and play on? Will await some official word…

Who’s the golden boy? Interested to know who it is?
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby JesseWhite » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:15 pm

Sticks28 wrote:
The Insider wrote:Few rumours flying around today. Is the Adelaide footy leagues golden boy in a bit of trouble? Or is that just old news and play on? Will await some official word…

Who’s the golden boy? Interested to know who it is?

Trengrove got done for drink driving after the GF last year.
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League