SANFL Now - issues with Chromecast

All discussions to do with the SANFL

SANFL Now - issues with Chromecast

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:24 pm

Has anyone been having issues with the SANFL Now App with regards to using Chromecast to beam LIVE matches onto the TV?

We I try and do this all I get is a black screen on the TV. It's weird because Chromecast works fine when using it for replays - it just doesn't work for live matches.

I note the following on the SANFL FAQ page:

'As at 21/3/2022 Chromecast capability for Live matches is pending release. The SANFL Now Android TV App is available for download from the Play Store on Android TV’s'

I've lodged this error with the SANFL Now App Tech Team but don't seem to be getting anywhere. I'm just interested to see whether this issue is widespread or whether it is just my phone/tv configuration.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: SANFL Now - issues with Chromecast

Postby Trent Plucktrum » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:07 pm

At this point it does not live stream via Chromecast and apparently they are working on getting it up and they told me it was working in development stage but since has developed a glitch. I just plugged in a HDMI cable from laptop to TV and that worked today.
My Team

The Cocks
Trent Plucktrum
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby tnt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Had same issue with Chromecast/Android but Chromecast from Ipad worked ok for Live stream
tnt
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:24 am

Trent Plucktrum wrote:At this point it does not live stream via Chromecast and apparently they are working on getting it up and they told me it was working in development stage but since has developed a glitch. I just plugged in a HDMI cable from laptop to TV and that worked today.

We don’t have chrome cast but it doesn’t appear on our LG TV App Store like Netflix ect
So we plugged in the HDMI cable and watched it through the lap top
Seconds game was great Friday night league game kept stuffing up in the first it kept resetting after awhile it sorted itself out
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 am

Thanks all

Sounds like it is a common problem and the only way for me to get around it at the moment is to play it on the laptop and plug it into the TV.

Pretty pathetic from the SANFL making us fork out more $$ for this new App and them not having resolved basic functions such as this before the start of the season. Last season the functions was working no worries with a more basic App. I'm not sure what additional value we are getting this time around.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Postby Aerie » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:00 am

It worked ok on Apple TV.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Vamos » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:12 am

I had the same issue when trying to watch Adl v Port the other Friday, I'm not sure if I did something but eventually it cast to my TV after multiple attempts. However trying to watch the Central v West Reserves yesterday it wouldn't work at all so I had to watch it on my phone.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby goddy11 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:52 am

I cast from my laptop and have no issue. My issue is the cost . The soccer people have a free network that shows all local NPL and state league matches plus interstate matches. It even replay's goals and other events in the game. The AFL have a free channel for VFL matches.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby bulldogproud » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:55 am

Last edited by bulldogproud on Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Vamos » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:43 am

Cost around a pint a month from your local, fairly good value I would have thought........if they can sort out the chromecast issues.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:57 pm

I would be fine with paying for the product providing it works, is high quality and contained a range of content.

However tt's pretty poor to have not sorted out the Chromecast issues before the start of the season yet happily charge for a product that is clearly still under development. How many months have they had to sort this out? The Technician I spoke to had no idea of this issue.

When the SANFL initially pitched the product they also made it seem like subscribers would have access to a wide selection of previous matches spanning many, many years. That would actually be pretty amazing if you could watch full seasons of matches spanning back to the 80s. But their catalogue 'From the Vault' currently only contains 3 matches - the '94 State of Origin and 2018 and 2021 State Games. Pathetic.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Postby Vamos » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:58 pm

Still no chromecast :roll:

*edit - Got it, instead of watching through the app watch through the browser, in the view sreen there's 3 vertical dots bottom right, press and cast.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:26 pm

I signed up yesterday, watched the Sturt game on my phone.

It was difficult to watch. I could only make out the players to the right of screen. No replays made it harder as well. I think I'll give it a miss for the time being.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Board index   Football  SANFL