Round 2 Central v West Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 2 Central v West Adelaide

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Geez have west Adelaide forgot how to win.

Only up by 11 points now early last quarter.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:42 pm

Dogs 13 points up

LAUNER with 3!!!!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby Hazydog » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:47 pm

another grub wrote:Dogs awful

Edited for accuracy… Dogs Awesome
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:47 pm

Hoskin does a Dutchke in the 2009 2nd Semi to seal it

Not that I’m over it…
Last edited by am Bays on Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Dogs win

Will take it albeit that first half was a disgrace.
whufc
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:58 pm

Dogs 13.15(93)
West 11.7(73)

10 goal turnaround

Half time score
Dogs 2.8(20)
West 9.3(57)
Last edited by UK Fan on Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:02 pm

Fair comeback. From what I’ve seen of the season so far I can’t see either of those two bothering too many others this year but it’s a funny game at times
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:Fair comeback. From what I’ve seen of the season so far I can’t see either of those two bothering too many others this year but it’s a funny game at times

Yeah definitely can’t perform like the first half against any other side in the comp, would have been ten goals down.

I’m stoked with the win but reality says there isn’t much difference to last year, we just can play consistent football.
whufc
Coach

Postby northerner » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:59 pm

Trav Schiller would have 5 MM votes banked from the opening two games; back to 2019 form.
Launer Reeves and Beuchner are settling very nicely whilst McCormack is a great pickup... 20 possessions on top of his ruckwork is very handy.
Ellem nd old reliable Keogh were very good in the first half for west, and Stevens won plenty of ball in the stoppages.

Major setback to see Marcus Barreau and Jaxon Neagle likely to miss the rest of the season, both with bad foot/ankle injuries.
Jaxon was a chance to play more league this year, whilst Marcus has worked his way into our top 5/6 players.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Dogs64 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:22 pm

northerner wrote:Trav Schiller would have 5 MM votes banked from the opening two games; back to 2019 form.
Launer Reeves and Beuchner are settling very nicely whilst McCormack is a great pickup... 20 possessions on top of his ruckwork is very handy.
Ellem nd old reliable Keogh were very good in the first half for west, and Stevens won plenty of ball in the stoppages.

Major setback to see Marcus Barreau and Jaxon Neagle likely to miss the rest of the season, both with bad foot/ankle injuries.
Jaxon was a chance to play more league this year, whilst Marcus has worked his way into our top 5/6 players.

Disappointing particularly re Barreau, was looking good. Wow, what a turn around, just got home, watching the last quarter again. What a difference having an excellent ruckman makes. The schillers would be loving the support in the middle.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby Hazydog » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:49 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Fair comeback. From what I’ve seen of the season so far I can’t see either of those two bothering too many others this year but it’s a funny game at times

Yeah definitely can’t perform like the first half against any other side in the comp, would have been ten goals down.

I’m stoked with the win but reality says there isn’t much difference to last year, we just can play consistent football.

I respectfully beg to differ.. As already mentioned West looked very good in the first half and deserved to be in front although we butchered at least 4 shots on goal that generally would be converted which at the very least suggested we were generating opportunities in the right areas. 12 scoring shots to 10 in favour of the Bloods suggested it was closer than the 6 goal lead.
18 scoring shots to 6 in the 2nd half clearly showed how we dominated the 2nd half, and with superior run and numbers around the ball confidence was restored and we steamrolled to the win. I don’t recall any such dominance last year, nor an 11 goal second half. We’ve certainly improved.. although hearing Thommo barking out instructions from the boundary line there’s certainly still lots for players to learn in terms of how he wants them to structure up in various phases of the play.
As Northerner said, T Schiller was outstanding, along with his brother and Pres. The move of Fort back to defence in the second half proved a master stroke , although it was evident in the warm ups after half time that the attitude was different and a play on at all costs type approach was the major difference. We are definitely a fit group that’s for sure.. with a bit of luck we could be 2-0 and I’m convinced we are on the right track..
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Postby Hazydog » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:52 pm

Harsh.. we’re a genuine 6th to 8th… West Port and your mob certainly not setting the world on fire as yet..
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:38 pm

Hazydog wrote:

Harsh.. we’re a genuine 6th to 8th… West Port and your mob certainly not setting the world on fire as yet..
So if you beat us, west and Port twice this year it gets you 6 wins ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby StrayDog » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:21 pm

Hazydog wrote:

Well, he did say "too many". :D

It's been mentioned a few times on here (Gazza :D ) but knocking over three figures has been a real issue for our blokes, a quick peak tells me it hasn't happened since 2018. I'm confident that we won't have to wait too much longer, just need to cut out some of the front half pssfrtng around that we saw in the first half yesterday. Glenelg from last year would have us on toast well before half time.

Be pushing 20 goals every three or four weeks and we're a regular finals contender.

West had few answers when our blokes started putting real pressure on the goalsquare from centre and backline clearances. West perhaps their own worst enemies when they can dominate the tackle and handball count, and the overall defensive rebounds, but still go from a firmish lead to a garden variety sized loss as yesterday. They looked well and truly spent in the last quarter, it was just a matter of the 'Dogs finishing the job.

northerner wrote:Trav Schiller would have 5 MM votes banked from the opening two games; back to 2019 form.

Yep, all will give opposition sides a few headaches before the season is out, Trav barely put a foot wrong yesterday, his enthusiam and work effort will inspire the newcomers. We can't overlook Elvis's rebound efforts either IMO.

Billy Mac reminding me a bit of Buckets in terms of his tap work and round the ground presence. I'm more than happy for opponents to under-rate this bloke.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Whilst I was crabbing off Port Vincent I regularly checked the scores & stats,
at half time we had about 20 more inside 50's but our accuracy was woeful,
I thought if we could convert more often that we could mount a challenge,
2 weeks in a row we've done the same thing, get this right from the first bounce & we'll go alright methinks.
2 games so far & we've kicked 12 & 13 goals,
we struggled to kick more than 9 last season,
we're on the improve.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:16 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Whilst I was crabbing off Port Vincent I regularly checked the scores & stats,
2 weeks in a row we've done the same thing, get this right from the first bounce & we'll go alright methinks.
we're on the improve.

Firstly, what sort of supporter are you, off crabbing while your club’s playing?
Secondly, did ya get a feed?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:27 pm

Spargo wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Whilst I was crabbing off Port Vincent I regularly checked the scores & stats,
we're on the improve.

Firstly, what sort of supporter are you, off crabbing while your club’s playing?
Secondly, did ya get a feed?

I'm a paid up member & sponsor that hates watching the way footy is played these days, frustrates the hell outta me!
And I don't want to drop dead from a heart attack watching a game of footy! lol
And of course I did, I love my crabbing,
back beach at Port Vincent was my victim this weekend,
then off to The Dalrymple for dinner Saturday night, excellent food!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL