Round 2 Port Adelaide v South Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 2 Port Adelaide v South Adelaide

Postby saintal » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:35 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
southee wrote:Can sometime tell me how Trent Durmont is out there playing today when he played with the Power on Thursday night ???

Seriously, how can this happen?? Please explain SANFL. Constantly catering for the AFL teams is a disgrace you gutless pri%^s!

The rules were changed in the off-season to allow AFL subs to play SANFL on the same weekend. Yeah it's BS.

A compromise would have been they could play in the SANFL if they weren't activated in the AFL game (although seems most subs are used currently)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:12 am

DOC wrote:South gave their best to Bryce Gibbs, Jye Menzie, Hayden Sampson, Oliver Davis, Ryan Garthwaite.

Some big carnage though. Fingers crossed but looks like Baily Griffiths has done his knee. Oscar Brownless looked in a very bad way late in the game and assisted straight to the rooms. Damon Freitag who took over in the ruck after Grifiths had a very big gash across his cheek which was also very swollen. The sun/heat took it's toll on both sides as well. Haines looked very ill.
O’Neill a bit stiff. Watched a fair bit of the game and he was easily in the top 3-4 on the ground IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:14 am

I thought he was right up there. Worked into it well. Very calm and used it beautifully. Garthwaite kicked 3 but had little influence on the game and was terribly undisciplined at times. I think when it comes to best players I/we often don't see what it is that some players have been asked to do and what the coaches think their efforts had on the result.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:24 am

Looks like Brownless has a broken leg.
DOC
Coach

Postby southee » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:25 pm

stampy wrote:
southee wrote:Always a hard task at Alberton.

I am sure the Port faithful, their league side and Ken will be watching with interest with our recruits.

I still think we are not really gelling as a side .... just yet. Lots of players going in with a different way of playing and still learning.

Some good in's for us but Brooksby out a massive blow.

Think we can win by 10 points.

nice tip!

Cheers Stampy.

Good game to watch. I seriously rate this as one of the best comeback wins South have had.

Port threw everything at us and to come back after being 28 points down near the end of the 3rd quarter was really gutsy. South sides of old would have thrown in the towel.

Really excited about the new playing group - seem to have a genuine desire to play for the jumper and put in. Will take a bit longer to get it to gel but think we are on the right path right now.

Ken watching very closely at the game - salivating at some of our great recruiting and rubbing his hands with interest I am sure.

Good to see the Port fans stream out the ground in droves with only a few minutes to go (thinking they had it won) - complete mass exodus.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby southee » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:32 pm

Hazydog wrote:
southee wrote:Can sometime tell me how Trent Durmont is out there playing today when he played with the Power on Thursday night ???

It’s a joke isn’t it? Don’t worry they’ll likely rest him for the second half like they did last week. The competition continues to be made a mockery of.

Agree - it is an utter joke ! I thought when sometime told me Durmont was out there they were taking the p1$$. Sadly, they were right.

Skinner also coming in after being *cough* ...."injured". Not that he was much use out there anyway.

The competition continue to become more farcical with their rule changes each year to please the AFL overlords.
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Vamos » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:38 pm

Geez, understand the dismay around Dumont but Skinner. There's a bevy of injuries that have a short recovery, not to mention he was listed as an omission for the AFL side from the previous match.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby am Bays » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:05 pm

Agreed with Vamos (I feel dirty)

The Dumont playing smells but having just played a a virtual full game of AFL I wont mind him playing as no ways he's recovered.

Skinner Meh, who are we to judge his recovery from injury
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:28 am

I just saw this. How do they get away with this.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby sib » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:02 pm

New ruling allows the sub to play. As Dumont was sub he was able to play SANFL after his AFL game.

Activated AFL medical substitutes will be permitted to play in the SANFL on the same weekend as long as opposition club is notified within 60 minutes of the conclusion of the AFL match
Last edited by sib on Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby sib » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:03 pm

goddy11 wrote:

I just saw this. How do they get away with this.

Rules below

Activated AFL medical substitutes will be permitted to play in the SANFL on the same weekend as long as opposition club is notified within 60 minutes of the conclusion of the AFL match
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby saintal » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:34 pm

1160 was the reported attendance - the lowest recorded at Alberton??

Some concerning attendance figures across the league so far, given it's the start of the season, weather has been good etc (yep acknowledge that crowds are down at afl level also)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:43 pm

sib wrote:

New ruling allows the sub to play. As Dumont was sub he was able to play SANFL after his AFL game.

Does the opposition club have a say in it at all?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:44 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
sib wrote:

Stop it =))
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:50 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
sib wrote:

Comedy thread ========>>>>>
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:10 pm

The AFL club must notify the SANFL club of their intention to play the sub within 60 minutes of the finish of the AFL game is the only requirement.

The player who was subbed out should be allowed to play as well. I know balls deep is technically as far as it gets but ease of entry would be on their mind.
DOC
Coach

Postby southee » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:23 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
sib wrote:

Not a chance........ :evil:
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby RB » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:24 pm

saintal wrote:1160 was the reported attendance - the lowest recorded at Alberton??

West Torrens' very first game in Round 1, 1897 at Alberton was reportedly attended by only 'a few' people, so that was probably a worse crowd. Depends on whether you need an exact figure to consitute a 'record'.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:38 pm

Incredible rule, esp considering SANFL have their own rule that if a player plays SANFL they cannot then play for their local club that weekend.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL