Few good ones from Rosie’s missing, wouldn’t read that much into it
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby notbadnotbad » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:09 am

bubba love wrote:Few good ones from Rosie’s missing, wouldn’t read that much into it

Trinity missing best and RU best and fairest from there side. Some would say they go alright.
notbadnotbad
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Orroroo

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:32 pm

They do go alright, way to good for us yesty
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:54 pm

Units were too good for Ingle Farm Saturday. Dempsey was massive in the first half down back, would've been close to best on ground I thought, but Keeno had a superb 4 quarter game.

Bruno is a big pick up, and whilst he started slow I thought, he worked well into it. Lane is looking trim too - he's always been a strong man and dangerous forward but now he's a little fitter and mobile, he'll do more damage.

Abbott is a serious player, and they've got some good leg speed in their side - young Perna-Hague? Looked a likely sort.

Thought the older squad and heat might've hurt them, but they fed off each other well and appeared to be clicking well as a group. Units used the size of the oval well, found space and ran hard. Imagine they'll be very tough to beat at Mofflin this year with their size.

On a side note, felt like the umpires were ordinary - constantly out of position, but I'd be surprised if there was a dozen ball ups for the game - seemed they just preferred to play a free kick one way or the other so they didn't have to work over and throw it up. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:57 am

The Bedge wrote:On a side note, felt like the umpires were ordinary - constantly out of position, but I'd be surprised if there was a dozen ball ups for the game - seemed they just preferred to play a free kick one way or the other so they didn't have to work over and throw it up. :lol:

51 free kicks for the match.

31 Ingle Farm
20 Central United

Also one mark called out on the full, another throw in called out on the full (but that’s the Ingle farm boundary umpire haha).

Also I was wrong there were ball ups.. but the stoppage was often moved from where play stopped to where the umpire was :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:46 am

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:On a side note, felt like the umpires were ordinary - constantly out of position, but I'd be surprised if there was a dozen ball ups for the game - seemed they just preferred to play a free kick one way or the other so they didn't have to work over and throw it up. :lol:

51 free kicks for the match.

31 Ingle Farm
20 Central United

Also one mark called out on the full, another throw in called out on the full (but that’s the Ingle farm boundary umpire haha).

Also I was wrong there were ball ups.. but the stoppage was often moved from where play stopped to where the umpire was :lol:

Just on that, having boundary umpires as optional in the B Grade is terrible and causes heaps of unnecessary bullshit.

In the two games I've seen so far this season it has been taken advantage of by the players on line ball decisions where the umpire is too far away to make a fair assessment.

Most of the B Grade umpires are on the northern side of 50 years old so they'll keep to the corridor as much as possible, they can't be expected to be out close to the boundary line to make them calls too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Just on that, having boundary umpires as optional in the B Grade is terrible and causes heaps of unnecessary bullshit.

In the two games I've seen so far this season it has been taken advantage of by the players on line ball decisions where the umpire is too far away to make a fair assessment.

Most of the B Grade umpires are on the northern side of 50 years old so they'll keep to the corridor as much as possible, they can't be expected to be out close to the boundary line to make them calls too.

Maybe clubs could paint the boundary line a darker colour than white which is almost impossible to see from the middle of the ground.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:59 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Just on that, having boundary umpires as optional in the B Grade is terrible and causes heaps of unnecessary bullshit.

Maybe clubs could paint the boundary line a darker colour than white which is almost impossible to see from the middle of the ground.

Or shell out 50 clams to get a kid to run the boundary.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Or shell out 50 clams to get a kid to run the boundary.

That's half the problem.. the other half is actually finding a kid whose not lazy and willing to do it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:03 am

The Bedge wrote:

That's half the problem.. the other half is actually finding a kid whose not lazy and willing to do it.

Yeah, it seems that way, surely they'd want some cruiser money for their Saturday night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Yeah, it seems that way, surely they'd want some cruiser money for their Saturday night.

is that a serious thing......especially clubs that have senior colts cant seriously find one kid that is willing to run boundary.

Man I live in a life of luxury, we don't have a single issue getting boundary and goal umpires.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:42 am

whufc wrote:Man I live in a life of luxury, we don't have a single issue getting boundary and goal umpires.

That's coz you live in the middle of buttphuck nowhere and there's nothing for people to do except help out. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:01 am

whufc wrote:
is that a serious thing......especially clubs that have senior colts cant seriously find one kid that is willing to run boundary.

Man I live in a life of luxury, we don't have a single issue getting boundary and goal umpires.

Country footy vs City footy is incomparable.

Your comp has town vs town where boundary umps would work on a roster from the kids that played the game before.

Blokes don't mind being the goal ump as it means not having to listen to the missus and they don't hit the piss as early so they are still in reasonable tact by the time the A's finish.

City juniors play on Sunday's, only the kids that are too young to do boundary would be watching the seniors, those capable would probably be playing B's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:05 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Man I live in a life of luxury, we don't have a single issue getting boundary and goal umpires.

That's coz you live in the middle of buttphuck nowhere and there's nothing for people to do except help out. 8)

Cant deny that is pretty much the truth....

It is slightly cultural engrained though. I cant believe with cricket we don't have single issue finding teammates to set up/pack up, umpire and score. Everyone just does it with no complaints. Man half the drama of being a captain in the PDCA was trying to get your own teammates to help out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:16 am

whufc wrote:Cant deny that is pretty much the truth....

It is slightly cultural engrained though. I cant believe with cricket we don't have single issue finding teammates to set up/pack up, umpire and score. Everyone just does it with no complaints. Man half the drama of being a captain in the PDCA was trying to get your own teammates to help out.

We used to watch our team mates park in the pub across the road waiting for us to set the mats up on game day or training nights.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Or shell out 50 clams to get a kid to run the boundary.

hell for $50 a game ill run the boundary line

used to be rostered to do it for free when i played a couple of seasons out at peake. do the boundary for the A's after shuffling around in the B's.

club wouldnt lose any money either, it would come straight back over the bar at the end of the game while i caught my breath, lol
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:23 pm

tipper wrote:

used to be rostered to do it for free when i played a couple of seasons out at peake. do the boundary for the A's after shuffling around in the B's.

club wouldnt lose any money either, it would come straight back over the bar at the end of the game while i caught my breath, lol

You'd only need to take 3 steps to cover the wing big fella!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

You'd only need to take 3 steps to cover the wing big fella!

at peake, sure, that is a tiny ground.

but on a proper sized ground id raise a hell of a sweat.

to be honest, the more i think about it the more id probably give myself a heart attack.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby From50 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:54 am

West Croydon are excited to unveil its first Anzac round guernsey.
Designed by agrade coach Thommo’s lad Bailey Thompson.

Thank you to Ingle farm for being apart of the day and we look forward to having a beer after.

Definitely an invitation for Bedge to join me for one aswell.
Have a safe Easter all.
Attachments
7913404B-9B78-483C-90C3-9F905CD3DF28.jpeg
7913404B-9B78-483C-90C3-9F905CD3DF28.jpeg (92.54 KiB) Viewed 985 times
From50
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Barkeroo » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Country footy vs City footy is incomparable.

Your comp has town vs town where boundary umps would work on a roster from the kids that played the game before.

Blokes don't mind being the goal ump as it means not having to listen to the missus and they don't hit the piss as early so they are still in reasonable tact by the time the A's finish.

City juniors play on Sunday's, only the kids that are too young to do boundary would be watching the seniors, those capable would probably be playing B's.

100% this.
I've played Country footy in SA and WA and everyone has to boundary umpire once a year at a minimum.
The situation was as follows:
A Grade would umpire and boundary umpire the junior colts first thing in the morning.
B Grade would boundary umpire A Grade.
Senior colts would boundary umpire B Grade
Junior Colts would boundary umpire Senior Colts

If you didn't do this atleast once during the season you wouldn't be allowed to play finals but no one ever had a problem pitching on and no one ever got paid. Played one season in the city in Perth and we has to pay people $30-40 game to do it as there was no one volunteering to do it.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League