Collingwood

Talk on the national game

Re: Collingwood

Postby MW » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:54 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote: Héritier Lumumba goes whack! Check his twitter this morning... basically cutting all ties with Collingwood along with Krakouer and Leon Davis accusing Collingwood of doing nothing after their racism review.

yeah i know but didnt know the spelling so went safe
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:33 am

This has to be about financial compensation I'm assuming?
If not then what more can the club do?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:56 am

He normally goes whack doesnt towards them doesn't he?

I mean I haven't seen him put in a positive word for them in a while.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:55 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote: Héritier Lumumba goes whack! Check his twitter this morning... basically cutting all ties with Collingwood along with Krakouer and Leon Davis accusing Collingwood of doing nothing after their racism review.

yeah i know but didnt know the spelling so went safe

Be interesting to hear Krakouer's version of events on this. He's a lot more measured than Harry.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby tigerpie » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:56 pm

Lumumba is just a very angry bloke.
Kraks not happy with what happened in the past either but a lot calmer with his message.

Again, what do they want?
The club has done everything it can to address the past and apologized unreservedly.
Do they want compo, then step up and say just that, then put this to bed once and for all.

You can't change past history so I've no idea why it keeps getting dragged up.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby MW » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:01 pm

tigerpie wrote:Lumumba is just a very angry bloke.
Kraks not happy with what happened in the past either but a lot calmer with his message.

The club has done everything it can to address the past and apologized unreservedly.
Do they want compo, then step up and say just that, then put this to bed once and for all.

Add Leon Davis to this also. Three people...clearly not enough is being done
MW
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:38 pm

MW wrote:

Add Leon Davis to this also. Three people...clearly not enough is being done

Leon's been pretty quiet, I'd like to hear from him.
Again what more can collingwood do other than give them the club?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:28 pm

Wasn't his tweet about cutting ties with Collingwood in regards to the discussions around the report and steps forward?

I read it as maybe the club can do more.. maybe it cant.. but he's not wasting his energy with them any further?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:40 pm

Wasn't Krak welcomed back to the club by Eddie in the last few years? To help promote his speaking tour? Or have I misunderstood? I thought Collingwood did everything they could to wrap their arms around Krak.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:49 am

From an outside perspective you cant help but see this as nothing more than an attempted money grab from Lumumba. (is he even wrong in wanting financial compensation??)

Ultimately people have lost their jobs, new jobs were created and changes have been made.....other than a payout I'm really not sure what Lumumba wants now.

He keeps saying nothing has changed but from my understanding he now lives overseas, so how close is he to the club. If he is to believe there is still something going on that he knows about then he needs to come out and say that.

No one would agree with the harassments and racism he faced whilst playing but I think the time is right for him to come out and be honest about what he wants changed (I actually haven't heard him provide any answers or resolutions that he wants to see) otherwise he needs to stay out the media and let the club go about changing the wrongs from the past and let the current players be the judge.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:41 am

whufc wrote:From an outside perspective you cant help but see this as nothing more than an attempted money grab from Lumumba. (is he even wrong in wanting financial compensation??)

Ultimately people have lost their jobs, new jobs were created and changes have been made.....other than a payout I'm really not sure what Lumumba wants now.

He keeps saying nothing has changed but from my understanding he now lives overseas, so how close is he to the club. If he is to believe there is still something going on that he knows about then he needs to come out and say that.

No one would agree with the harassments and racism he faced whilst playing but I think the time is right for him to come out and be honest about what he wants changed (I actually haven't heard him provide any answers or resolutions that he wants to see) otherwise he needs to stay out the media and let the club go about changing the wrongs from the past and let the current players be the judge.

Judging by social media over the weekend towards Tex, it seems nothing short of Collingwood being kicked out of the AFL would suffice to most...
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:10 am

whufc wrote:From an outside perspective you cant help but see this as nothing more than an attempted money grab from Lumumba. (is he even wrong in wanting financial compensation??)

It seems that way from the outside. However as with everything we are on the outside and have no real way to see what's happening.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:11 am

stan wrote:

It seems that way from the outside. However as with everything we are on the outside and have no real way to see what's happening.

Yep that's why it would be nice for him to say if he knows something the average punter doesn't. He might find a bit more general public support in his cause.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:48 pm

Grundy out for up to 12 weeks :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:48 pm

Big loss for us.
Cox needs to stand up. Its now or never.
Think Begg is still injured?
Lynch played OK for the Hawks wasn't happy he got traded.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:15 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Grundy out for up to 12 weeks :shock:

Grundy hurt his knee in a ruck contest late in the 3rd quarter and was limping around the ground for the remainder of the quarter. He then proceeded to play a great last quarter. I wonder if he did any further damage to his knee by playing out the game?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:05 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Grundy hurt his knee in a ruck contest late in the 3rd quarter and was limping around the ground for the remainder of the quarter. He then proceeded to play a great last quarter. I wonder if he did any further damage to his knee by playing out the game?

Two in the same round from the same sort of incident, you watch a rule change come in now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Two in the same round from the same sort of incident, you watch a rule change come in now.

Basketball style tip off maybe :D
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Go with the netball style start of a quarter and then how they resume after a goal with a team having possession from centre circle.
The soccer Last touch out of bounds rule to come in. Any last touch that is questionable will result in a throw up from 15m inside the boundary.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:58 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Don't laugh mate, do not laugh!!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL