15%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 39

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:25 am

JesseWhite wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:
The Insider wrote:Few rumours flying around today. Is the Adelaide footy leagues golden boy in a bit of trouble? Or is that just old news and play on? Will await some official word…

Who’s the golden boy? Interested to know who it is?

Trengrove got done for drink driving after the GF last year.

Play on
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:17 pm

Glenunga’s Nick Wundke was given a five-match suspension by the tribunal on Wednesday night for a “careless and severe” bump on St Peter’s OC player Will Montgomery during Saturday’s match

Must have been a decent bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:21 pm

Four minute mark third quarter.

Five seems pretty fair. Not allowed to do that anymore
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:22 pm

Trying to remember what Toby Schultz got for bumping Sharrad last year as two incidents seem pretty similar
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:26 pm

jo172 wrote:Trying to remember what Toby Schultz got for bumping Sharrad last year as two incidents seem pretty similar

He got 5 i think
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:Trying to remember what Toby Schultz got for bumping Sharrad last year as two incidents seem pretty similar

He got 5 i think
I was just talking about both incidents with my brother, said the SPOC guy who hit Sharrad got 6.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:33 am

I reckon Schultz & Sharrad had form whereas Wundke hasn’t
Probably got 1 less for that
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby bird of prey » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm

The incident didn’t look good from what I saw on the video.

I must say though, I found it a bit rough for an article to be on the Adel Now website where they named and shamed Wundke.

Sure it wasn’t his greatest moment, but no need to have an article on it.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby MoP » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:15 pm

bird of prey wrote:The incident didn’t look good from what I saw on the video.

I must say though, I found it a bit rough for an article to be on the Adel Now website where they named and shamed Wundke.

I'm not sure what a full-forward is meant to do when he's on the lead and an opposition player steps in front of him to take a mark. Watch on slow-mo (exact impact is 110.01.56) and there's not a lot of time differential between Montgomery's attempted mark and the clash with Wundke. No contact with his elbow at all, but their heads clashed. No chance to pull out of the contest. No malice in the incident. No one likes to see those clashes, but to me, it was an unfortunate outcome of a contact sport.
MoP

Been liked: 10 times

Postby bird of prey » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:03 pm

MoP wrote:

I'm not sure what a full-forward is meant to do when he's on the lead and an opposition player steps in front of him to take a mark. Watch on slow-mo (exact impact is 110.01.56) and there's not a lot of time differential between Montgomery's attempted mark and the clash with Wundke. No contact with his elbow at all, but their heads clashed. No chance to pull out of the contest. No malice in the incident. No one likes to see those clashes, but to me, it was an unfortunate outcome of a contact sport.

I doubt many would agree with you on that one.
He clearly wanted to make him earn it. I’m not saying he meant to get him that badly. But unfortunately it turned out that way because the intent appeared to be there.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:10 pm

In this day and age all games are video’d and free for all to see. News reporters would be all over anything and Adelaide Now are the bottom feeders of reporting. Hence why you have to pay for their subscriptions. I never have and never will feed their pockets.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:17 am

Yank Man wrote:

In this day and age all games are video’d and free for all to see. News reporters would be all over anything and Adelaide Now are the bottom feeders of reporting. Hence why you have to pay for their subscriptions. I never have and never will feed their pockets.

Don't disagree but its also a reflection on modern day society...…

Most of the population 'want' to watch a trainwrec. You can guarantee a video of a football punch up would generate more views than that of a brilliant goal on the boundary. The media are just feeding society what they want to see.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Ezyasfallingdown » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:56 am

MoP wrote:

And that is exactly why the league need to stamp out ANY acceptance (or trying to justify) this type of incident - there is not one moment where the Glenunga player is making the ball his intent - his hands/arms were never in a position to tackle or take possession - he chose to bump and pays the price.
Ezyasfallingdown
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Paskeville

Postby MoP » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:32 pm

Ezyasfallingdown wrote:
MoP wrote:

And that is exactly why the league need to stamp out ANY acceptance (or trying to justify) this type of incident - there is not one moment where the Glenunga player is making the ball his intent - his hands/arms were never in a position to tackle or take possession - he chose to bump and pays the price.

Everyone sees incidents differently, but I'd suggest it's very hard to tell from that footage that he wasn't trying to mark the ball. A forward doesn't lead out from the goal square with his arms in front of him all the way.....
MoP

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Vamos » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:45 pm

MoP wrote:
Ezyasfallingdown wrote:
MoP wrote:

Everyone sees incidents differently, but I'd suggest it's very hard to tell from that footage that he wasn't trying to mark the ball. A forward doesn't lead out from the goal square with his arms in front of him all the way.....

Unless it was the old C7 division. Bless ;)
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:26 pm

Question to ask, if a player played in the SANFL league last week then got dropped this week, can he then come back and play with his community club?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:41 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Question to ask, if a player played in the SANFL league last week then got dropped this week, can he then come back and play with his community club?

Yes, of course he can. Most SANFL clubs redirect their dropped players back to their grassroots clubs.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Vamos » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Question to ask, if a player played in the SANFL league last week then got dropped this week, can he then come back and play with his community club?

Yes, of course he can. Most SANFL clubs redirect their dropped players back to their grassroots clubs.

I know there would be an open door policy for players getting dropped from SANFL Ressies to local clubs but I would have thought if a player is dropped from the League side then they would need to play Ressies for their SANFL club or seek a clearance to play at their local club. Obviously this would exclude top-up players from Port and Adelaide.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:22 am

You need to be clearer with your question Blue Demon. At 8 SANFL clubs if a player is dropped from the league he plays Reserves the next week. Unless he has been left right out for other reasons which would normally mean the league club won't allow him to play at his local club. But if it's a top up player with Power or Crows the lads 'reserves' team is his local club so of course he can drop back. That is the whole idea of the top up player system.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:51 am

Wasn't there something about having played 25 junior games between age 13 and 16?

Or am I thinking of byes?
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League