NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby Muleble11 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:33 pm

Hearing a few big recruits joining RSMU, going to be hard to beat!
Muleble11
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:25 pm

Muleble11 wrote:Hearing a few big recruits joining RSMU, going to be hard to beat!

Depth will be there challenge. Didn’t have much in their b grade last year which finished second to bottom.

They have lost Sam Milne though as well

Have been getting good numbers to training and no doubt will be there when the whips are cracking.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:52 pm

whufc wrote:Getting closer, 18 days to go. My tips in bold without really knowing who has picked up who.

Round 1
North Clare vs Blyth Snowtown This is being played at Blyth due to the Clare Oval redevelopments
BBH vs RSMU
Min Man vs Southern Saints
BSR vs South Clare

North
RSMU
MM
BSR

would be expecting BSR and RSMU to feature not sure about the others at this stage

Saints will need no injuries or COVID and if they get this they may sneak into the 4
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:53 pm

There isn't another oval in Clare?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:31 pm

Armchair expert wrote:There isn't another oval in Clare?

only ever one oval at Clare

Its never really been great

Years ago we played in the mud and had to wash the maggots off as well as mud at the end of the game

so any improvements will be more than welcome
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:

Years ago we played in the mud and had to wash the maggots off as well as mud at the end of the game

More importantly whats your B grade predictions this year.....the real league... :lol:

1. Burra (tanking as usual)
2. Min Man (young and quick)
3. BSR
4. Saints

5. Blyth
6. RSMU
7. South Clare
8. North Clare
whufc
Coach

Postby TheRealCoight » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:36 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:

Is the oval itself getting redeveloped, or any parking issues solved? Or will there it be a 5minute walk from the car to sit in a nice new grandstand, watching a game of football on a frost bitten, mud pit oval?
TheRealCoight
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:35 pm

whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:

More importantly whats your B grade predictions this year.....the real league... :lol:

1. Burra (tanking as usual)
2. Min Man (young and quick)
3. BSR
4. Saints

5. Blyth
6. RSMU
7. South Clare
8. North Clare

Agree BBH tanking again when blokes are just happy to play b grade when capable of playing higher it becomes all about them no club is ever successful when this is the mindset

I think youlll still need to park a walk from Clare oval but will get a new grandstand
Oval I’m hoping is still not shit
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:27 am

TheRealCoight wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:

Is the oval itself getting redeveloped, or any parking issues solved? Or will there it be a 5minute walk from the car to sit in a nice new grandstand, watching a game of football on a frost bitten, mud pit oval?

Parking wont be great...…...where the old scout hall (south eastern pocket) will be knocked down and that will be turned into parking but that will only make up for the lost car parks.

The oval isn't being redeveloped unfortunately. Originally it was planned to but the inflation in cost from when the quotes were received to when the funding was received meant some cuts had to be made. I would imagine they will look at the oval in the next 5 years though.

The redevelopment is much needed especially for the changing facilities and canteen, what we will see though is the oval will lose a lot of the country feel and atmosphere. The clubroom facility will also be utilised a lot better by the wider community so that is a bonus.
whufc
Coach

Postby Barkeroo » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:23 pm

What do they normally do for training with 2 clubs and one oval? Do they train different days or same night different ends of the ground?
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:39 pm

Barkeroo wrote:What do they normally do for training with 2 clubs and one oval? Do they train different days or same night different ends of the ground?

One club trains at the high school Tuesday and then the footy oval on Thursdays. The other club does the alternate. They swap each year who gets the Thursday night at the footy oval.

This also ensures the oval stays as good as it can (which isn't great anyway) rather than having Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday training on the oval each week.
whufc
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:27 am

This also ensures the oval stays as good as it can (which isn't great anyway) rather than having Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday training on the oval each week.[/quote]

WHUFC , COACH has covid?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:31 am

shoe boy wrote:This also ensures the oval stays as good as it can (which isn't great anyway) rather than having Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday training on the oval each week.

WHUFC , COACH has covid?[/quote]

Honest answer not to sure.....I did hear he was under the weather but wasn't sure if it was Covid related or not.

Not sure he would be the best spectator from home...…..very passionate about footy and his team, if his not coming up reckon he will be asking for scores every 5 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:07 pm

Good day at Redhill for BSR with wins in both the A and B grade.

The A grade was a close affair for 3 quarters with South being a lot better than last year, there GC recruits were impressive.

In the B grade both sides played with 18 (16 on the field) and once again South have improved despite BSR winning comfortably.

Not sure who they had out from Covid etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:58 am

The MIN MAN vs SAINTS game was close all day

MM got some more fluid ball movement in the last to score a couple of goals that were decisive

Score was 4-4 each at half time so saints only scored a couple of points after this

Id see both maybe fighting it out from positions 3-6 this year - Might be a log jam through the middle of the table tis year

Both coaches will need to work on their forwards leading patterns and connection from the midfield to push higher
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:34 pm

Round 2 this week.

RSMU vs North Clare
A Grade- Expect RSMU to get the job done, top 3 side for mine no doubt.
B Grade- RSMU struggle with depth and North had a good win over Blyth.....would be surprised if North didn't win this one.

Southern Saints vs Burra
A-Grade- The Saints were better than I expected against Min Man whilst Burra were easily defeated by a decent side. Would expect the Saints to win this one.
B-Grade- Should be a cracker between 2 teams fighting for a top 2 spot. I expect Burra to win this one considering they exist to win B Grade flags. :lol:

South Clare vs Min Man
A Grade- South Clare were pretty decent last week however I expect Min Man to be a top 3 side this year and they should get the win in a close one.
B Grade- Min Man have a lot of good young depth and should get the job done over a struggling South Clare.

Blyth vs BSR
A Grade- Hard to get a read on Blyth so far who had a close win in Round 1. BSR weren't at their absolute best but I would be disappointed if we couldn't get the win.
B Grade- BSR comfortably knocked off one of the bottom sides last week whilst Blyth lost to North Clare. Would expect BSR to get the win but these early b grade games can be tricky to judge.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:39 pm

Round 2 this week.

RSMU vs North Clare
A Grade- RSMU agreed will be amongst it this yr
B Grade- North

Southern Saints vs Burra
A-Grade- Saints - but may be close an insider told me Saints have lost one to injury and at least 3 are working away this week
B-Grade- Burra should win- Saints not expecting to be fighting for a flag, many have not returned after last year and will do well to get a team up that doesn't call on the 40 plus blokes as fill ins

South Clare vs Min Man
A Grade- Min Man - had run when it counted last week
B Grade- South Clare, cause I love a couple of their battlers who front up every week

Blyth vs BSR
A Grade- BSR are the flag favorites by a street, particularly if you keep getting two home town umpires every week :D
B Grade- BSR if Darren Longbottom and Craig Weckert play
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby happyhawk » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:47 pm

whufc wrote:Round 2 this week.

RSMU vs North Clare
B Grade- RSMU struggle with depth and North had a good win over Blyth.....would be surprised if North didn't win this one.

Southern Saints vs Burra
A-Grade- The Saints were better than I expected against Min Man whilst Burra were easily defeated by a decent side. Would expect the Saints to win this one.
B-Grade- Should be a cracker between 2 teams fighting for a top 2 spot. I expect Burra to win this one considering they exist to win B Grade flags. :lol:

South Clare vs Min Man
A Grade- South Clare were pretty decent last week however I expect Min Man to be a top 3 side this year and they should get the win in a close one.
B Grade- Min Man have a lot of good young depth and should get the job done over a struggling South Clare.

Blyth vs BSR
A Grade- Hard to get a read on Blyth so far who had a close win in Round 1. BSR weren't at their absolute best but I would be disappointed if we couldn't get the win.
B Grade- BSR comfortably knocked off one of the bottom sides last week whilst Blyth lost to North Clare. Would expect BSR to get the win but these early b grade games can be tricky to judge.

BBH probably should have beaten us on Saturday, were a couple of goals up at 3qtr time and we had a purple patch for 15 minutes where we kicked 5 goals a row. BBH have certainly improved and seemed to have a good even spread of talent across the ground. Our B grade is probably the worst I have ever seen it unfortunately, going to be a very long year for the lads.

Expecting a very even year in the A grade comp this year where anyone can beat anyone.... except maybe BSR who I still think will be ahead of the rest.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:12 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:Round 2 this week.

RSMU vs North Clare
A Grade- RSMU agreed will be amongst it this yr
B Grade- North

Southern Saints vs Burra
A-Grade- Saints - but may be close an insider told me Saints have lost one to injury and at least 3 are working away this week
B-Grade- Burra should win- Saints not expecting to be fighting for a flag, many have not returned after last year and will do well to get a team up that doesn't call on the 40 plus blokes as fill ins

South Clare vs Min Man
A Grade- Min Man - had run when it counted last week
B Grade- South Clare, cause I love a couple of their battlers who front up every week

Blyth vs BSR
A Grade- BSR are the flag favorites by a street, particularly if you keep getting two home town umpires every week :D
B Grade- BSR if Darren Longbottom and Craig Weckert play

Wont be no Darren Longbottom, he broke his foot less than a couple of months ago playing social basketball :lol:

Has been taking our country training sessions this year though which has been great..
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:24 pm

whufc wrote:Round 2 this week.

RSMU vs North Clare

Southern Saints vs Burra

South Clare vs Min Man

Blyth vs BSR

North Clare A Grade had a decent win against Blyth while the B grade was a one point game very close and I think Blyth B Grade will be looking good this year, rumour has it from Blyth on the weekend that Garreth wants to play in the Magoos.
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy