Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon

Postby tigerpie » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:30 pm

I have a feeling Rance will be a nightmare for Rutten.
Very headstrong individual who might overstep the mark.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:30 pm

tigerpie wrote:I have a feeling Rance will be a nightmare for Rutten.

I would suggest the club are familiar with Alex and hence they happily offered him a position. Pretty sure Rutten will be fine.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:52 pm

You’d think Rutten would know him fairly well from their time together at Punt Rd
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby DOC » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:49 pm

Anyone else watching the Essendon show on Fox.

Watched the first two. Love the history of footy clubs regardless of who they are.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:47 am

Essendon Football Club is pleased to have strengthened its financial position in 2021, announcing a statutory profit of $8.2 million.

This is made up of an underlying profit from operations of $1.2m, together with $7m of donations and grants directly attributable to the expansion of the NEC Hangar development. The underlying cash profit from operations was $5m.

The net assets of the club have increased to $49m at October 31, 2021, compared with $40.8m in 2020.

The club is once again bank-debt free, with the expansion of the fully funded $50m NEC Hangar now complete.

Key points of the club’s 2021 financial result:

o An increase of $2.1m in net income from the club’s non-football-related revenue streams due to strong performance during the periods of trade, which were less impacted than the 2020 year.
o An increase in match day and stadium returns of $3.3m due to being able to play a full 23-round season, with most games in front of crowds, albeit limited, and the highly successful sell-out Dreamtime game in Perth.
o A small growth in net membership revenue of $0.2m, despite an increase of 14,941 members, as the club invested in additional benefits to acknowledge the loyalty of members who maintained their support over the past two difficult seasons.
o A decrease in football department expenditure of $1.0m through the reduction in the AFL football department soft-cap expenditure limits.
o An increase of $2.2m in player payments, net of AFL contributions, as the industry returned to a full season and in line with the CBA increase.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 am

Already gone
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:20 pm

Armchair expert wrote:

Already gone

That went well!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:06 pm

Armchair expert wrote:

Already gone
Was always the intention.
He initially agreed back in October to help out just for pre season up until Christmas in only a part time role and would stay on for a month or two longer if his schedule allowed it.
Unfortunately some at the club aswell as supporters seemed to think that the club could talk him into staying longer but it was pretty apparent it wasn’t going to happen
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:13 pm

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has started training at the club again.

One of my favorites.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:14 am

Expecting a rise in the ladder from Essendon ROC this year.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:51 pm

Wow David King's footage on AFL360 from of Dylan Shiels effort is pretty bloody damning.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 pm

whufc wrote:Wow David King's footage on AFL360 from of Dylan Shiels effort is pretty bloody damning.
Parish’s effort just as bad.
As I’ve been saying for months we are the unfittest and laziest team in the comp. No one willing or able to do the hard stuff
Jim05
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:Wow David King's footage on AFL360 from of Dylan Shiels effort is pretty bloody damning.
As I’ve been saying for months we are the unfittest and laziest team in the comp. No one willing or able to do the hard stuff

I know in previous posts Jim you seem to stick up for Rutten and put it all on the players.

But surely the coach is responsible for this, he either takes action and drops these big names for this complete lack of effort, or he needs to go himself if he can’t motivate them :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I know in previous posts Jim you seem to stick up for Rutten and put it all on the players.

But surely the coach is responsible for this, he either takes action and drops these big names for this complete lack of effort, or he needs to go himself if he can’t motivate them :shock:
I’m not fully convinced on Rutten but I don’t think it serves us well by chopping him after a year and a bit.
I think our list profile is wrong and we simply don’t have the cattle but what is concerning me is our fitness and our fitness team need to all be fired. We had guys not presenting in great shape which is on the players but we have suffered the most soft tissue injuries and look woefully unfit.
Rutten does have to start making a statement with some of these blokes but unfortunately we don’t have much in the reserves currently
Jim05
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:47 pm

12 first round draft picks in that loss to Freo last week.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:06 pm

Spargo wrote:12 first round draft picks in that loss to Freo last week.
True but stats are a bit skewed by Smith and Heppell who are near the end of their careers and not much chop and Hobbs who was making his debut. Three of them are also at their second club for one reason or another and weren’t living up to their draft position.
I do think our list balance is way out though and we have a stack of holes in the list.
We are sitting about where I thought we would be and we need to keep hitting the draft and free agency and hopefully weed out some more that aren’t up to it.
Player development needs a complete overhaul too
Jim05
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:
True but stats are a bit skewed by Smith and Heppell who are near the end of their careers and not much chop and Hobbs who was making his debut. Three of them are also at their second club for one reason or another and weren’t living up to their draft position.
I do think our list balance is way out though and we have a stack of holes in the list.
We are sitting about where I thought we would be and we need to keep hitting the draft and free agency and hopefully weed out some more that aren’t up to it.

I don’t think Rutten is the man for the job but that playing group of the crows have made names for themselves with their respective roles in the AFL circles.

You’re missing Jake Stringer big time, he’s one of the most improved players of the AFL in my opinion, I thought he was a dud for so long at the Dogs but geez he can turn a game on its head whether he’s in the middle or up forward, I love seeing players adding another string to their bow, especially at their 2nd club.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I don’t think Rutten is the man for the job but that playing group of the crows have made names for themselves with their respective roles in the AFL circles.

You’re missing Jake Stringer big time, he’s one of the most improved players of the AFL in my opinion, I thought he was a dud for so long at the Dogs but geez he can turn a game on its head whether he’s in the middle or up forward, I love seeing players adding another string to their bow, especially at their 2nd club.
Missing 5 of our top 10 B&F’s from last year and Jake is probably the most critical out of that lot
Jim05
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:37 pm

Yeah, that’ll hurt. I do feel that something will click at some stage and you’ll finish a couple of games out, you have some prime movers, a developing ruckman and a 65+ goal forward in your mix, it would be good to see Heppell play a forward role before he hangs them up, he’s getting enough of it lately but I think he’d be an awkward match up for a defender, could be very Fyfish
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Yeah, that’ll hurt. I do feel that something will click at some stage and you’ll finish a couple of games out, you have some prime movers, a developing ruckman and a 65+ goal forward in your mix, it would be good to see Heppell play a forward role before he hangs them up, he’s getting enough of it lately but I think he’d be an awkward match up for a defender, could be very Fyfish
Heppell gets a bit of it because he is playing in the easiest spot on the ground. He gives his all but his foot injury has pretty much taken his best years away. He has never been real quick but he has lost another years and his kicking is clearly hampered by his foot. A lot of little dinky, nothing kicks
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL