2%
Walkerville
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:20 pm

Just thinking through the covid rules, **** you'd hate to get relegated after playing all 18 games if someone else got the benefit of a few one pointers they might not otherwise have gotten
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby oldman » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Hate to miss finals by 1pt because one club has gone from having 3 teams to apparently not enough for 1.

Slight exaggeration don't you think.. haven't fielded a 3rd side all season.. and only had 16 players in B grade Rd 2 by the looks of it.

If your club misses finals by 1pt, I'd hazard a guess you have bigger concerns than the outcome of a Round 3 forced draw.

Don't know why you'd think a club like Pulteney would be willing to try and manipulate any system - it really serves them no benefit, and after a couple losses early, then Easter a week off for covid is hardly going to get the competitive juices flowing.

I don't think the concern is really around pulteney at this stage although if they avoid relegation by a point and the team that ends up being relegated plays all 18 games I think they would have a reason to feel hard done by. Let's be honest here pulteney had absolutely zero chance of obtaining any points from this weekends game if it went ahead without Covid-19 interruptions plus they would have taken a hit to their % I don't see how it's "fair" to reward them with any points. Maybe the league could issue 1 point to HV which is still 1 less than they would have got and issue 0 points to pulteney which leaves them in the same position as they would have been.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:24 pm

jo172 wrote:Just thinking through the covid rules, **** you'd hate to get relegated after playing all 18 games if someone else got the benefit of a few one pointers they might not otherwise have gotten

If you played all 18 games then you'd play that team twice.. if it came down to a couple of 1 point games, similarly to missing finals, surely you'd have to look in house at your own performances first?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:26 pm

oldman wrote:I don't think the concern is really around pulteney at this stage although if they avoid relegation by a point and the team that ends up being relegated plays all 18 games I think they would have a reason to feel hard done by. Let's be honest here pulteney had absolutely zero chance of obtaining any points from this weekends game if it went ahead without Covid-19 interruptions plus they would have taken a hit to their % I don't see how it's "fair" to reward them with any points. Maybe the league could issue 1 point to HV which is still 1 less than they would have got and issue 0 points to pulteney which leaves them in the same position as they would have been.

FAAAAAAAARKK!!! Head hurts.. pay attention! Keep up...

Impact of a COVID Interruption on a SINGLE MATCH
- Should an individual match within any round be abandoned, teams shall receive the points allocated for a draw and the average weekly percentage of all participating teams of the same competition from that round of matches.

- A COVID affected team must provide sufficient evidence as requested by the League to have the match declared as abandoned.

- The abandoned match will not be rescheduled.

This means:

~ Pulteney have to validate the COVID + cases to share the points. If they don’t, HV get the win + 2 points and the average score against Blues in the first round (which is calculated after the first 9 matches).

~ If they can validate they don’t have at least 15 fit players then both teams get 1 point as agreed by clubs last year
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:27 pm

Interesting, some leagues are treating it as a forfeit and 10 goal win to the non COVID team
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby S Demon » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:46 pm

Sticks28 wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Hate to miss finals by 1pt because one club has gone from having 3 teams to apparently not enough for 1.

Very easy system to manipulate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah was thinking the exact same - big boy nobes wont be happy one less game to kick 100 goals - would have probably kicked 10 against Pulteney

I'm more annoyed we don't get to heckle Whinnen for 2 hours 8)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Trader » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:38 pm

I like reading all the comments suggesting that issuing a draw isn't fair as HV would have won by more.

What happens when the alternative plays out, Pulteney only have 16 players available, puts them on the park including half a dozen C-graders, and instead of losing by 25 goals they lose by 50. Then everyone will complain its making a mockery and HV have gotten too much of an advantage etc.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:10 pm

Its going to happen many more times this year. In fairness let’s throw in another scenario - Pulteney play this week and some blokes play who are unknowingly contagious with the virus. It spreads through close contacts through the game and Hope Valley have the joys of dealing with the virus through their club for the next few weeks - That’s got the potential to cost you more than 1 match point. Some of the passionate people involved at Pulteney would be gutted to have to make this decision.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:Interesting, some leagues are treating it as a forfeit and 10 goal win to the non COVID team

That’s a fine line. Well done to the ammo’s for giving this rule a crack and continuing to monitor it. Would you want to play a club if they are knowingly week 1 of missing let’s say 15 with players and volunteers with covid? You don’t have to be Albert Einstein to figure there is a good chance it’s been spread at the club through no fault of theirs and others may have collectively been infected however don’t qualify as proper close contacts. It’s not scare mongering, it’s also protecting your potentially vulnerable volunteers who keep your club going.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:21 am

Out of curiosity whats the requirements to show people are legitimately missing because of having covid…….how does a club prove they have XXXX amount of close contacts, obviously you can show positive test texts for those that have it?

Are clubs required to prove anything. I would think they should be if they are getting to split the points and not take the forfeit.

Surely you cant just ring the league and say we are covid forfeiting and then take a point.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:12 am

Can someone from HV clear up all,the speculation. I've heard that the B grade will be split the points but that the A grade will be treated as a forfeit with HV getting the 2 points.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:15 am

whufc wrote:
Are clubs required to prove anything. I would think they should be if they are getting to split the points and not take the forfeit.

Surely you cant just ring the league and say we are covid forfeiting and then take a point.

**** me dead, another one who doesn’t bother to read shit and just posts for the sake of it
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:38 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:

**** me dead, another one who doesn’t bother to read shit and just posts for the sake of it

Its a Friday cheer up!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 am

whufc wrote:Its a Friday cheer up!!!

Finally, a post I can support! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:22 am

Down the Hill wrote:Can someone from HV clear up all,the speculation. I've heard that the B grade will be split the points but that the A grade will be treated as a forfeit with HV getting the 2 points.

According to playhq, B grade is cancelled, so I assume split points and A grade is a forfeit
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JesseWhite » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:30 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Can someone from HV clear up all,the speculation. I've heard that the B grade will be split the points but that the A grade will be treated as a forfeit with HV getting the 2 points.

According to playhq, B grade is cancelled, so I assume split points and A grade is a forfeit

Probably follows they had enough to make an A Grade side that wouldn't be competitive. Right result given the circumstances imo.
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:26 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Interesting, some leagues are treating it as a forfeit and 10 goal win to the non COVID team

That’s a fine line. Well done to the ammo’s for giving this rule a crack and continuing to monitor it. Would you want to play a club if they are knowingly week 1 of missing let’s say 15 with players and volunteers with covid? You don’t have to be Albert Einstein to figure there is a good chance it’s been spread at the club through no fault of theirs and others may have collectively been infected however don’t qualify as proper close contacts. It’s not scare mongering, it’s also protecting your potentially vulnerable volunteers who keep your club going.

Seems each league is handling it differently, M/Vale have been awarded a 10 goal win in all grades against Noarlunga - right down to u13's.

Be interesting if 2 clubs playing this week had significant COVID impacts, it would be a game of poker who forfeited first to get the 10 goal win
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:34 am

Dutchy wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:

Seems each league is handling it differently, M/Vale have been awarded a 10 goal win in all grades against Noarlunga - right down to u13's.

Be interesting if 2 clubs playing this week had significant COVID impacts, it would be a game of poker who forfeited first to get the 10 goal win

Having it set up like the Ammo’s do at least gives legitimate cases an opportunity for a medium ground. If it’s a flat out forfeit rule you leave the door open for some clubs to potentially play when challenged with covid and that can cause greater issues for both clubs that Saturday if they played.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:39 am

The NEFL is making it a forfeit loss with no percentage change I believe.

If a club puts playing for 2 points ahead of their own players, volunteers, families safety by playing blokes knowingly sick or close contacts then they are letting down their community in a bad way.

I am playing this Saturday and my family will be attending with the knowledge that same players may unknowingly be carrying the virus. I'm willing to take that risk.....would be extremely disappointing to hear my own teammates or the opposition are promoting players playing who they know shouldn't be.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:40 am

Agree - probably needs to be a state wide rule for all comps for consistency, could get really ugly getting close to finals
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League