Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:24 pm

Meeting @cracka today, hell of a nice bloke.

Prancing Pony Lager and ale in the Oakbank marquee.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:11 pm

Booney wrote:Meeting @cracka today, hell of a nice bloke.

Great to meet you too & Mollies parents. How good was it when the girls came over. I probably embarrassed my daughter but that's what dads are for.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:00 pm

cracka wrote:

Great to meet you too & Mollies parents. How good was it when the girls came over. I probably embarrassed my daughter but that's what dads are for.

Came in to ask how the man date went, nice read fella’s.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
cracka wrote:

Came in to ask how the man date went, nice read fella’s.

NTTAWWT
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:00 pm

Another day at the District, footy, bands and Pirate Life beers, no better way to spend a Sunday, love this place.
$10 schnittys too! Woohoo!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:34 am

Lego masters.

90 minutes of just switching off from all of life's hassles and watching a bunch of grown up have fun playing with building blocks :lol:

There needs to be more shows like this on TV
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:42 pm

The Liverpool fans minute of applause for Ronaldo.

Almost brought a tear to the eye
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Vamos » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Lego masters.

90 minutes of just switching off from all of life's hassles and watching a bunch of grown up have fun playing with building blocks :lol:

Brickman teared up yet?
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 451 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Vamos » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 pm

whufc wrote:The Liverpool fans minute of applause for Ronaldo.

Almost brought a tear to the eye

I rate the result
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:44 pm

Easter weekend in Clare, golf on Friday in perfect weather, fairways a bit patchy but greens perfect - great day out away from the wives who hit the wineries. Headed to the Bentley for a few beers and to watch the footy only to find out they (and all 3 pubs in Clare) dont have Foxtel :roll: so ended up punting and drinking and stayed for dinner. Saturday we headed to the Easter Races, for $53 we got a seat and table on their deck overlooking the finish line along with a 2 course lunch which was restuarant quality, considering GA was $35 we thought it was a pretty good deal! Can highly recommend the races, especially if you are a single male under 25 :shock: holy cow! eyes popping out of my head all day. Great crowd, kept an eye out for you at the BSR bar whuffer but didnt see you. Headed into town afterwards and went to the rooftop bar at Seed, great pizza's and gin to finish off the day, getting a cab was problematic with the pubs going nuts!

Sunday we headed to O'Leary Walker for lunch and its easily the best meal Ive had for a couple of years, share platters or Chicken, Barramundi, Roast Pork, Pumpkin Curry, Dumplings and a desert - highly recommended, then went to a couple of wineries and ended up at the Taminga for a drink and walk across their sticky floors from the night before (despite them already been cleaned!)

Great weekend and enjoyed spending some time in a area Ive driven through a lot but I haven't stayed in.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:51 am

Dutchy wrote:Easter weekend in Clare, golf on Friday in perfect weather, fairways a bit patchy but greens perfect - great day out away from the wives who hit the wineries. Headed to the Bentley for a few beers and to watch the footy only to find out they (and all 3 pubs in Clare) dont have Foxtel :roll: so ended up punting and drinking and stayed for dinner. Saturday we headed to the Easter Races, for $53 we got a seat and table on their deck overlooking the finish line along with a 2 course lunch which was restuarant quality, considering GA was $35 we thought it was a pretty good deal! Can highly recommend the races, especially if you are a single male under 25 :shock: holy cow! eyes popping out of my head all day. Great crowd, kept an eye out for you at the BSR bar whuffer but didnt see you. Headed into town afterwards and went to the rooftop bar at Seed, great pizza's and gin to finish off the day, getting a cab was problematic with the pubs going nuts!

Sunday we headed to O'Leary Walker for lunch and its easily the best meal Ive had for a couple of years, share platters or Chicken, Barramundi, Roast Pork, Pumpkin Curry, Dumplings and a desert - highly recommended, then went to a couple of wineries and ended up at the Taminga for a drink and walk across their sticky floors from the night before (despite them already been cleaned!)

Great weekend and enjoyed spending some time in a area Ive driven through a lot but I haven't stayed in.

Great to hear you had a good weekend up hear. I didn't realise the Bentleys didn't have Foxtel......they have new owners as of a month ago so maybe its changed. Sadly the pubs aren't the greatest up here. If the pubs up here improved it would make the region a number 1 destination for footy trips etc.

Its definitely the biggest day out for the sheilas in the region. The quality of females in the region is absolutely outstanding and as a general rule most are really good down to earth country chicks as well. :lol: :lol:

Yeah didn't end up doing the bar as the kids decided to come up for the weekend so didn't make it to the races.

O'Learys is bloody amazing, good mates with the chef, he used to work at Sevenhill which won numerous national dining awards under his knife. If you ever get a chance head to the Sevenhill Hotel and dine in their cellar (don't confuse this with the Sevenhill Winery Cellars) most amazing room I have seen in SA.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:53 am

Know one of the O'Learys staffers pretty well, she's in the event management side of things, I'll pass on the good reviews. I doubt it's the first one she's heard though, top spot.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:50 am

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Easter weekend in Clare, golf on Friday in perfect weather, fairways a bit patchy but greens perfect - great day out away from the wives who hit the wineries. Headed to the Bentley for a few beers and to watch the footy only to find out they (and all 3 pubs in Clare) dont have Foxtel :roll: so ended up punting and drinking and stayed for dinner. Saturday we headed to the Easter Races, for $53 we got a seat and table on their deck overlooking the finish line along with a 2 course lunch which was restuarant quality, considering GA was $35 we thought it was a pretty good deal! Can highly recommend the races, especially if you are a single male under 25 :shock: holy cow! eyes popping out of my head all day. Great crowd, kept an eye out for you at the BSR bar whuffer but didnt see you. Headed into town afterwards and went to the rooftop bar at Seed, great pizza's and gin to finish off the day, getting a cab was problematic with the pubs going nuts!

Great to hear you had a good weekend up hear. I didn't realise the Bentleys didn't have Foxtel......they have new owners as of a month ago so maybe its changed. Sadly the pubs aren't the greatest up here. If the pubs up here improved it would make the region a number 1 destination for footy trips etc.

Its definitely the biggest day out for the sheilas in the region. The quality of females in the region is absolutely outstanding and as a general rule most are really good down to earth country chicks as well. :lol: :lol:

Yeah didn't end up doing the bar as the kids decided to come up for the weekend so didn't make it to the races.

O'Learys is bloody amazing, good mates with the chef, he used to work at Sevenhill which won numerous national dining awards under his knife. If you ever get a chance head to the Sevenhill Hotel and dine in their cellar (don't confuse this with the Sevenhill Winery Cellars) most amazing room I have seen in SA.

Yep popped into Sevenhill and Watervale pubs for a look, will be on the to do list next year.

Bentley's did say they just changed ownership, all the staff on Good Friday came up from Salisbury so they could open! When finding out they didnt have Foxtel I suggested they should take down the "See every game live" Fox Footy poster down that was near the TAB area :roll: apparently the new owners got rid of it recently. The Taminga owner is new also and indicated all 3 pubs have new owners.

I was going to ask the BSR crew where Beer Drop was, but wasn't sure if that nickname had made it to Clare or not!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:25 pm

Yeah I was sure they had it at some point as ive watched plenty of games there.

Did have to let my health & fitness team leader know as her parents were the previous publicans and she was born and lived in the pub the whole time. She was gutted when the parents sold.

Nah I've inherited the nickname 'Nugget'. A few blokes found out my great grandad played for Wirrabarra and was a multi mail medal winner and premiership player etc went by the nickname Nugget so I've had that handed down to me :)
whufc
Coach

Postby Vamos » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:00 pm

Day down the Amateur footy, coolish night, Villi's pie + air fryer chips and gravy.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:29 pm

Going to Bunnings Darwin yesterday and getting two snags with onions on the top
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:13 pm

I tried one called Hoppy Red Ale at a pub lately - rather liked it as a change from the usual.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:21 am

Vamos wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Lego masters.

90 minutes of just switching off from all of life's hassles and watching a bunch of grown up have fun playing with building blocks [emoji38]

Brickman teared up yet?
He choked up a bit last night.
1st elimination

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:22 am

Elon Musk doing the world a favour 8)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:49 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Elon Musk doing the world a favour 8)

You have got to be f*cking kidding me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion