No votes
SMOSH WL
No votes
Westminster OS
3%

Total votes : 30

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Postby oldman » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:15 am

I suspect at present there is a fairly large gap between Golden Grove and the rest. I have no doubt Flinders will close that before the end of the year but as it stands now Golden Grove are the team to beat. Both Flinders and Modbury are the challengers and I would expect GG to account for Modbury pretty comfortably in round 3, with the next group being, Edwarstown, Morphies, SMOSH and Westminster in no particular order and the battle for relegation down to 3 Seaton, CBOC and Scotch.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Sticks28 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:37 pm

oldman wrote:I suspect at present there is a fairly large gap between Golden Grove and the rest. I have no doubt Flinders will close that before the end of the year but as it stands now Golden Grove are the team to beat. Both Flinders and Modbury are the challengers and I would expect GG to account for Modbury pretty comfortably in round 3, with the next group being, Edwarstown, Morphies, SMOSH and Westminster in no particular order and the battle for relegation down to 3 Seaton, CBOC and Scotch.

I'm not so sure modbury will get beaten comfortably to GG - i definitely think GG are the team to beat but i think modbury will surprise a lot of people this year - all the talk has been about GG, Flinders park, edwardstown & morphy park's signings but i think modbury especially at home will be very very tough to beat.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby the smokey » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Sticks28 wrote:
oldman wrote:I suspect at present there is a fairly large gap between Golden Grove and the rest. I have no doubt Flinders will close that before the end of the year but as it stands now Golden Grove are the team to beat. Both Flinders and Modbury are the challengers and I would expect GG to account for Modbury pretty comfortably in round 3, with the next group being, Edwarstown, Morphies, SMOSH and Westminster in no particular order and the battle for relegation down to 3 Seaton, CBOC and Scotch.

I'm not so sure modbury will get beaten comfortably to GG - i definitely think GG are the team to beat but i think modbury will surprise a lot of people this year - all the talk has been about GG, Flinders park, edwardstown & morphy park's signings but i think modbury especially at home will be very very tough to beat.

I agree with that statement. Modbury will finish 2nd I believe. They are a club that would have been happy with the other teams getting all the attention. They will back themselves against anyone on any ground.
The game vs GG after Easter will be an absolute cracker
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Sass! » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:58 am

Sticks28 wrote:

Our oval is looking a treat at the moment, we are thinking of leaving the sprinklers on over easter to turn it into a mud pit sooner so we can get back to teams hating to play there sooner rather than later. Getting glowing compliments on it condition from the opposition in round 1 was quite unsettling to be honest. :lol:
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Insider » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:04 pm

Sass! wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:

Our oval is looking a treat at the moment, we are thinking of leaving the sprinklers on over easter to turn it into a mud pit sooner so we can get back to teams hating to play there sooner rather than later. Getting glowing compliments on it condition from the opposition in round 1 was quite unsettling to be honest. :lol:

Looked in awesome nick the other day that’s for sure. A very strong comp this year which is great to see, can see it being close when the whips are cracking. Flinders park the dark horse for mine.
The Insider
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby oldman » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:27 pm

Why aren't the games available on dartfish from round 2
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:39 pm

The Insider wrote:
Sass! wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:

Looked in awesome nick the other day that’s for sure. A very strong comp this year which is great to see, can see it being close when the whips are cracking. Flinders park the dark horse for mine.

Not sure you’d classify flinders park as a dark horse - them and golden grove would be favourites you’d think?
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:06 am

Guessing modbury or at very least one of their supporters is going to be in the shit if TikTok is anything to go by!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Fools Gold » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:01 am

Came here to post that. Absolute disgrace, not even the worst of it directed at someone who has publicly battled serious mental health issues
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby bubba love » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:07 pm

Fill us in
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:09 pm

bubba love wrote:Fill us in

Essentially a GG player being abused by a spectator on multiple occasions with homophobic slurs. The abusers friends all thought it was extremely funny as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby Fools Gold » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:17 pm

whufc wrote:
bubba love wrote:Fill us in

Essentially a GG player being abused by a spectator on multiple occasions with homophobic slurs. The abusers friends all thought it was extremely funny as well.
Multiple occasions coming on from the interchange gate copped a “don’t kill yourself” followed by laughter.
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Yep. So incredibly dissappointing. I actually witnessed one of the comments on the day and approached the individual that made it and outlined my disgust and pulled them up on it. Unfortunately it seems other comments had been made prior to the one i heard so i wasnt aware of the full extent of what was said at the time. The individual that made the comments isnt a member of our club but is known to some of the players so we have been working to address it over the past couple of days. We have also been in regular communication with Golden Grove over the last couple of days to keep them informed.

Most importantly, we've been in touch with the individual from Golden Grove that the comments were directed at to offer our support and apologise that he was subjected to aswell as supporting him in calling i out.. He has been receptive of us reaching out and appreciative for the steps we've taken which says alot about him as a bloke. Absolutely no place for that behaviour in football or life in general. We've also made a statement on our public social media pages for anyone interested in reading it.

It actually made me feel sick to hear the footage and what was said. Baffling to think that people thought that was ok or even worse, funny.
Sass!
Under 16s

Postby bubba love » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:51 pm

Geez pretty full on comments, I’ve played at both golden grove and modbury a few times over the past few years and I’ve heard some ridiculous shit from both crowds, can remember the GG crowd facebooking our partners names and yelling stuff out about our girlfriends/wives mid game, I think both clubs need a match day official with some balls tbh
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby whiteclawbaby » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:13 pm

A bloke posting on social media about his journey on dealing with mental health problems only for him to cop heckling from people when he’s in public is so outraging. This isn’t the first time he’s had this abuse either - what he copped during the finals series last year was probably worse. Only that this time it was heard on film.

As for the Modbury “fan” this won’t be the last time he attends one of their games. Every time I’ve seen a Modbury game he is there hanging out with reserve & C grade players. Modbury have a passionate bunch of supporters which makes for a good game day atmosphere, but the club clearly knew who the individual was and refused to make any comment on banning them from future games
whiteclawbaby
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Sedan-Cambrai

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:16 pm

whiteclawbaby wrote:A bloke posting on social media about his journey on dealing with mental health problems only for him to cop heckling from people when he’s in public is so outraging. This isn’t the first time he’s had this abuse either - what he copped during the finals series last year was probably worse. Only that this time it was heard on film.

As for the Modbury “fan” this won’t be the last time he attends one of their games. Every time I’ve seen a Modbury game he is there hanging out with reserve & C grade players. Modbury have a passionate bunch of supporters which makes for a good game day atmosphere, but the club clearly knew who the individual was and refused to make any comment on banning them from future games

I'll say this first - I'm hooked up with Modbury.

Serious question, how do you ban someone from Ammo footy?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby bubba love » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:34 pm

If he’s a well known supporter you tell him he’s not allowed to attend your games anymore, you probably get in first before the league comes down on your club?!
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:57 pm

bubba love wrote:If he’s a well known supporter you tell him he’s not allowed to attend your games anymore, you probably get in first before the league comes down on your club?!

Appreciate everyone will have a view on this and what needs to be done or should have already occured but with today being a public holiday, some appreciation needs to be given to the fact that some conversations will take time. First and foremost we've focussed on reaching out to GG and the player impacted, that was priority one. The players welfare is priority one.

Other actions will occur in due course, there is absolutely no denying that. Happy for people to contact me directly if they want to discuss but please dont assume more actions hasnt or wont occur just because i havent specifically outlined it on a public forum.
Sass!
Under 16s

Postby bubba love » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:06 pm

Sounds like your all over it mate!
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:51 am

Sass! wrote:Yep. So incredibly dissappointing. I actually witnessed one of the comments on the day and approached the individual that made it and outlined my disgust and pulled them up on it. Unfortunately it seems other comments had been made prior to the one i heard so i wasnt aware of the full extent of what was said at the time. The individual that made the comments isnt a member of our club but is known to some of the players so we have been working to address it over the past couple of days. We have also been in regular communication with Golden Grove over the last couple of days to keep them informed.

Most importantly, we've been in touch with the individual from Golden Grove that the comments were directed at to offer our support and apologise that he was subjected to aswell as supporting him in calling i out.. He has been receptive of us reaching out and appreciative for the steps we've taken which says alot about him as a bloke. Absolutely no place for that behaviour in football or life in general. We've also made a statement on our public social media pages for anyone interested in reading it.

It actually made me feel sick to hear the footage and what was said. Baffling to think that people thought that was ok or even worse, funny.

Thats great to hear that you stood up for your club and spoke to the person......need more people in clubs like yourself. Like you said the saddest part was the fact those around were actually laughing, borderline encouraging the comments.

Sounds you arent taking this lightly and are going to act.....thats all we can really ask from a club is that they dont tolerate that behaviour and act accordingly when it happens.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League