PLAY HQ

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: PLAY HQ

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:13 am

Who else is having issues with registering players this morning?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:01 pm

This problem was being reported last night on the national PlayHQ facebook page. I had a player this morning who failed at first attempt using a certain browser but then he tried again using Safari and it worked.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:07 pm

I’ve had two register today with no issues
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:51 pm

Is it still a requirement for teams to be entered before lunch Friday?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby DoublebluTiger » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:38 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-21/afl-aussie-rules-clubs-warned-player-registration-issues/101000900?fbclid=IwAR3Uq8j0lsDtVQhZUBD0xzgRhSiZa9zWy21QCvkEHE6yypYi4ytD7z7oYCo

Seems like Play HQ has some vulnerabilities that has led to a team losing match points.
In Goulburn Valley League, Echuca lost points due to issues relating to new Play HQ system and hence their advice in the article for other clubs around Aus who use the system.

My brother is connected with the beneficiary club of the points, Rochester and said that Echuca flogged the suitcases out of both grades that the player/s were playing and one of the players in question may got injured early in the match anyway. He thinks the decision for Echuca to lose points will be reversed and he'd be surprised if Rochester didn't side with Echuca and allow them to have their points back.

My brother has been using the system in his daughter's local basketball comp for a couple of years and there are issues that were raised at the start of the system's implementation that still haven't been corrected. He's no fan of it at all.

He said that one problem with Play HQ (I have no experience with the sporting pulse / gameday model so I don't know if this problem occurred with it) is that you can have multiple accounts tied to the one email address and that's where problems occur.
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:35 pm

I come from mainly a cricket background and have had a lot to do with live scoring.
My question is, if any cricket club in the whole of Australia can do live scoring giving a ball by ball update, requiring up to 600 entries for a day why the hell cant AFL and football clubs across Australia do 30 or 40 entries per game to provide live scoring after each score is registered? I know AFL is only a little tin pot industry and maybe its unaffordable and an unreasonable request and too much strain on volunteers who are doing the scoring anyway :roll:
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby locky801 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I come from mainly a cricket background and have had a lot to do with live scoring.
My question is, if any cricket club in the whole of Australia can do live scoring giving a ball by ball update, requiring up to 600 entries for a day why the hell cant AFL and football clubs across Australia do 30 or 40 entries per game to provide live scoring after each score is registered? I know AFL is only a little tin pot industry and maybe its unaffordable and an unreasonable request and too much strain on volunteers who are doing the scoring anyway :roll:

i did it a few years ago on a different programme which went directly onto our club website, fell away when i moved on and the club closed the website down.

Its definately not hard, some clubs still do it on various sites, noticed on the weekend most Div 1 games were providing updates on Play HQ as scores were kicked, we now just provide 1/4 by 1/4 scores on our FB page unless its close in the last and we give score buy score then

Some clubs wont do it and can see their reasoning, they want bums on seats in the bar and BBQ and if your providing live scores some tend to stay at home in a nice warm lounge, watch the AFL and get their local side score on line, means a loss of revenue obviously
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3654 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:19 pm

Let’s be honest, it has its good points but they are far out outwayed by the bad. Getting scores and results in your own environment is no problem. If you have interest in other leagues it’s like driving a bus from Adelaide to Darwin to get to Williston. The other thing I’m not keen on is no goal kickers tally, you have to check it week by week. I’m sure it will get better over time, but I have lots of friends in baseball and they are SO over it.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:24 pm

I can't see a problem, we like the idea of 10 points for a drawImage
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:51 pm

Yank Man wrote:Let’s be honest, it has its good points but they are far out outwayed by the bad. Getting scores and results in your own environment is no problem. If you have interest in other leagues it’s like driving a bus from Adelaide to Darwin to get to Williston. The other thing I’m not keen on is no goal kickers tally, you have to check it week by week. I’m sure it will get better over time, but I have lots of friends in baseball and they are SO over it.

I dont know why the AFL didnt go to a league and say, we are going to run Play HQ with your league to be our crash test dummies so we can get the kinks out during the year and then run it australia wide the next year.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:12 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Let’s be honest, it has its good points but they are far out outwayed by the bad. Getting scores and results in your own environment is no problem. If you have interest in other leagues it’s like driving a bus from Adelaide to Darwin to get to Williston. The other thing I’m not keen on is no goal kickers tally, you have to check it week by week. I’m sure it will get better over time, but I have lots of friends in baseball and they are SO over it.

I dont know why the AFL didnt go to a league and say, we are going to run Play HQ with your league to be our crash test dummies so we can get the kinks out during the year and then run it australia wide the next year.

They did, the NTFL.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:52 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Who else is having issues with registering players this morning?

every day!

The latest one is needing a Working With Children number before progressing for volunteers/TM's. Anyone know what this problem is?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Who else is having issues with registering players this morning?

every day!

The latest one is needing a Working With Children number before progressing for volunteers/TM's. Anyone know what this problem is?

I thought you should be able to go past that screen with out needing that information at the moment
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:11 pm

Where can you see goal kickers leaderboard for each grade. Can’t see anything
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:05 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Where can you see goal kickers leaderboard for each grade. Can’t see anything
Nowhere, I believe it will be available in the next few weeks
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:11 pm

Might be worse than Dartfishtv and that is saying something
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:07 pm

Adelaide footy league scrapping PLAY HQ at the end of the season?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Arch44 wrote:Adelaide footy league scrapping PLAY HQ at the end of the season?

So they should, it's a ******* joke.

Can't wait for cricket season. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:09 pm

They wouldn’t have a choice surely?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:11 pm

From my understanding I dont think that will happen with the feedback from the committee meeting Monday night
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League