Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:31 pm

Barkeroo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
is that a serious thing......especially clubs that have senior colts cant seriously find one kid that is willing to run boundary.

Man I live in a life of luxury, we don't have a single issue getting boundary and goal umpires.

Country footy vs City footy is incomparable.

Your comp has town vs town where boundary umps would work on a roster from the kids that played the game before.

Blokes don't mind being the goal ump as it means not having to listen to the missus and they don't hit the piss as early so they are still in reasonable tact by the time the A's finish.

City juniors play on Sunday's, only the kids that are too young to do boundary would be watching the seniors, those capable would probably be playing B's.

100% this.
I've played Country footy in SA and WA and everyone has to boundary umpire once a year at a minimum.
The situation was as follows:
A Grade would umpire and boundary umpire the junior colts first thing in the morning.
B Grade would boundary umpire A Grade.
Senior colts would boundary umpire B Grade
Junior Colts would boundary umpire Senior Colts

If you didn't do this atleast once during the season you wouldn't be allowed to play finals but no one ever had a problem pitching on and no one ever got paid. Played one season in the city in Perth and we has to pay people $30-40 game to do it as there was no one volunteering to do it.

I watched an A grade game in Perth when I lived there and the kid running the boundary was that far behind the play the umpire let people in the crowd throw the ball in. Some people were putting down their cans before doing it. Was a shambles of a competition.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Barkeroo » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:37 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Barkeroo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
is that a serious thing......especially clubs that have senior colts cant seriously find one kid that is willing to run boundary.

Man I live in a life of luxury, we don't have a single issue getting boundary and goal umpires.

Country footy vs City footy is incomparable.

Your comp has town vs town where boundary umps would work on a roster from the kids that played the game before.

Blokes don't mind being the goal ump as it means not having to listen to the missus and they don't hit the piss as early so they are still in reasonable tact by the time the A's finish.

City juniors play on Sunday's, only the kids that are too young to do boundary would be watching the seniors, those capable would probably be playing B's.

100% this.
I've played Country footy in SA and WA and everyone has to boundary umpire once a year at a minimum.
The situation was as follows:
A Grade would umpire and boundary umpire the junior colts first thing in the morning.
B Grade would boundary umpire A Grade.
Senior colts would boundary umpire B Grade
Junior Colts would boundary umpire Senior Colts

If you didn't do this atleast once during the season you wouldn't be allowed to play finals but no one ever had a problem pitching on and no one ever got paid. Played one season in the city in Perth and we has to pay people $30-40 game to do it as there was no one volunteering to do it.

I watched an A grade game in Perth when I lived there and the kid running the boundary was that far behind the play the umpire let people in the crowd throw the ball in. Some people were putting down their cans before doing it. Was a shambles of a competition.

Couldn't agree more. I moved up from the country to Perth for uni played one season in the city and hated it that much that after that I drove the 200km back to Country to play each week.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:00 pm

From50 wrote:West Croydon are excited to unveil its first Anzac round guernsey.
Designed by agrade coach Thommo’s lad Bailey Thompson.

Thank you to Ingle farm for being apart of the day and we look forward to having a beer after.

Definitely an invitation for Bedge to join me for one aswell.
Have a safe Easter all.

Jumper looks good, great effort from the young man he should be proud of his efforts.

Look forward to the day.

What’s the go with your renovations? Do you still have a clubroom/change room?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby From50 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:21 am

The Bedge wrote:
From50 wrote:West Croydon are excited to unveil its first Anzac round guernsey.
Designed by agrade coach Thommo’s lad Bailey Thompson.

Thank you to Ingle farm for being apart of the day and we look forward to having a beer after.

Definitely an invitation for Bedge to join me for one aswell.
Have a safe Easter all.

Jumper looks good, great effort from the young man he should be proud of his efforts.

Look forward to the day.

What’s the go with your renovations? Do you still have a clubroom/change room?

We have atco huts in the mean time for changerooms in the car park along the boundary mate.
Unfortunately no showers though.
They were suppose to replace whatever was taken away but never came through unfortunately.

Clubroom operating as per usual!
From50
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:05 am

From50 wrote:We have atco huts in the mean time for changerooms in the car park along the boundary mate.
They were suppose to replace whatever was taken away but never came through unfortunately.

Know that feeling, same situation with our cricket club, except they didn't even give us the ATCO huts or portable toilets promised, and we don't have access to the clubroom. :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:37 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

As Barkeroo pointed out, a B Grader would do it for the A's.

It works perfectly in the APFL, it does look a little unprofessional at times seeing a 16 year old running along the wing with his can of coke and no shoes on doing the B's but the job gets done.

The A's are supplied by the league nowadays though, all the clubs generally have a club stalwart do their A grade goal umpiring each week, it's good umpiring the A's and hearing the chat between the two.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby From50 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
From50 wrote:We have atco huts in the mean time for changerooms in the car park along the boundary mate.

Know that feeling, same situation with our cricket club, except they didn't even give us the ATCO huts or portable toilets promised, and we don't have access to the clubroom. :roll:

Its not ideal!
Especially for the triple header games and yet to even think about the rainy days :shock:

But we are lucky to have this upgrade and clubroom access so we can deal with it until mid July.
From50
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:10 am

Round 3 this weekend, but really could be one of the most important rounds of the season already.

The top sides could really break away, whilst the bottom 3 in serious danger of falling well off the pace.

Trinity vs Para Hills - the Tossers can move two games clear of 3rd place Para Hills and with a very healthy percentage.

West Croydon vs Ingle Farm - Ingle Farm with a weak percentage and a bye in hand would be footed to the bottom of the ladder, whilst the Hawks would likely find themselves 3rd or 4th.

Central United vs Rosewater - Rosies have had a bye so are in a slighlty better position than the ladder shows at the moment, whilst the Units are coming off a strong win last week and could well establish a spot in the top 3 after this round. A loss to Units would see them potentially spiral out the 5, and Rosewater move level on wins.

Brahma Lodge vs Fitzroy - similarly with the WC v IF game, the 'Roys could find themselves w games off the pace with a bye next week, whereas Brahma can keep themselves in that mid-table battle with the rest.

Marion with the bye, but a healthy percentage, expect them to hold 2nd place still.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby From50 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:31 am

Massive thanks to Ingle farm for being great guests.
Played in great spirit and stuck around for a beer.

Good luck for the rest of the season farmers.
From50
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:41 am

Good day at West Croydon - great hospitality, weather was superb and a couple of good games of footy although scorelines in both grades don't necessarily reflect.

Kids were excited to see Raso's Castle and Amusements there as well - they're fondly remembered from being at Smithfield a few years ago and having popcorn and fairy floss for sale. :lol:

Hawks A grade just too slick - very efficient transitioning from defence to attack.. Dion Doolan is a beauty, and Lionel Wilson was outstanding along with Llewellyn Milera.

Jnr Boodgie Wanganeen, Freddy Agius and Luke Woodcock work so well together forward and are very dangerous - they don't need much space or looks to make you pay.

In the B grade.. it's criminal not having Villa in the best players would've had a lazy 40 touches.. and on another note, whilst i appreciate D6R is the second lowest grade of footy and you get the bottom of the bottom, the standard of umpiring was well it was shit.. I did giggle when two Ingle Farm players attacked the same ball, and one kicked the other and they got the free kick.. then a 25m penalty because an Ingle Farm player gave the ball to a West Croydon player. :lol:

Not to disrespect the umpires they're putting their hand up, turning up, having a crack and still committing.. it's just a reflection that we need more people getting involved in umpiring.. a guy who can barely walk shouldn't be needed to run around in the heat on a Saturday afternoon... having said that i certainly wont be umpiring any time soon :P

It's also clear the umpires themselves are more confused by the last touch rule than the players.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby From50 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:16 am

Couldn’t agree more about the umpires.
Myself and pope came together at the half time break to get a match day official to speak on our behalf to just speak to them to get a bit more consistent with the calls.

We went about it the right way but coming back from the break they pointed us both out and weren’t happy we did that. There words “it was them” then proceeded to give away terrible free kicks. They took it personally.

When you have both teams United about calls going to their opposition and saying it’s a bad call, there is an issue.
Some good spirit between both clubs is great and I enjoyed playing against a respectful opposition.

I hope this can be rectified and also the process is more respected by the umpires instead of taken as an insult.
From50
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:19 am

Draw at Units yesterday against Rosewater, crazy result for ANZAC Day! Units have a habit of producing some interesting ANZAC Day clashes with crazy finishes.

Other game was Brahma easy against what looked like an U17 side from Fitzroy, obviously heavily undermanned.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:54 am

The Bedge wrote:Draw at Units yesterday against Rosewater, crazy result for ANZAC Day! Units have a habit of producing some interesting ANZAC Day clashes with crazy finishes.

Other game was Brahma easy against what looked like an U17 side from Fitzroy, obviously heavily undermanned.

The Units put on a really good show yesterday, both on and off field, big crowd, nice pre-game ceremony and a good, tough game of footy.

Rosies started pretty slowly but after they found their mojo, they did well to even it up at the end.

Joe Hay played his first game, went ok but I think he needs to get used to the new level of footy he's playing at. and the team needs to also get accustomed to him being there too... that said, you could definitely see the skills of a D1 medalist shine from time to time - use of body, clearance out of packs etc..

Overall I thought the standard was pretty good, considering I haven't seen D6 footy for a while.

Well done to Fenners and crew.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:09 am

How good is the PlayHQ ladder - you get 2pts for a win, but 10pts for a draw :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:12 am

Ladder after Round 3
6 - Trinity OS
4 - Marion
4 - West Croydon
4 - Brahma Lodge
3 - Central United
-------------------------

2 - Para Hills
1 - Rosewater
0 - Fitzroy
0 - Ingle Farm

Round 4
Para Hills vs Central United
Ingle Farm vs Brahma Lodge
Rosewater vs West Croydon
Marion vs Trinity OS
Fitzroy - bye
The Bedge
Coach

Postby From50 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:52 am

The Bedge wrote:In the B grade.. it's criminal not having Villa in the best players would've had a lazy 40 touches...

Villa won the reserves Anzac medal.
From50
Mini-League

Postby Trader » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:How good is the PlayHQ ladder - you get 2pts for a win, but 10pts for a draw :lol:

Well wins happen all the time, its a rare occurrence to manage to get the scores to balance, of course a tie should be worth more! ;)
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:32 pm

Marion pushed TOS
Last edited by The Bedge on Sun May 01, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:56 pm

Jacob Sumner back to West Croydon?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun May 01, 2022 7:37 am

The Bedge wrote:Returning to D6 this year has been interesting, amazing what has changed.. and what hasn’t..Brahma can improve all they like (and they were good both grades), but as long as idiots like Josh Corbett are you’re #1 ticket holder then you’ll always be a waste of space as a club.

More details please??!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League