C Grade

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: C Grade

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:I would prefer seeing one boundary umpire on one side, than none at all.. no harm surely.

The Ingle Farm vs Trinity B grade game I watched went smoothly without boundary umpires (although one sided), it actually seemed like players were more aware of the rules and what was happening than the umpires - often they'd just hand the ball over to the opposition for their kick, or pick up and someone would already be standing the mark, whilst the umpires were still hobbling around into position.

On that note, how was the last touch rule especially for the B & C grade where fitness levels maybe aren't as great.

Did players make any particular comments? The competition up here is moving to the rule as well....kind of looking forward to it. Might linger around the boundary line looking for easy kicks :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:I would prefer seeing one boundary umpire on one side, than none at all.. no harm surely.

The Ingle Farm vs Trinity B grade game I watched went smoothly without boundary umpires (although one sided), it actually seemed like players were more aware of the rules and what was happening than the umpires - often they'd just hand the ball over to the opposition for their kick, or pick up and someone would already be standing the mark, whilst the umpires were still hobbling around into position.

Yep, i think it was a misunderstanding more than anything. All ironed out in the end.

Agree with your observation though, our game was very much the same with players adhering to the rules and just accepting the change for what it was. Also noticed a shift in game style, less blazing a kick towards the boundary and more kicking to a contest trying to force it over the line or taking on the corridor (both successfully and unsuccessfully) where possible.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:45 pm

Same at our games, no issues at all. Both teams did have boundary umpires and I think that’s the best option
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby holdy2323 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:59 pm

Brodlach wrote:Same at our games, no issues at all. Both teams did have boundary umpires and I think that’s the best option

Who got the footballs back to the umps after a goal?
holdy2323

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:37 pm

holdy2323 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Same at our games, no issues at all. Both teams did have boundary umpires and I think that’s the best option

Boundary umpires
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:59 pm

Sass! wrote:

Yep, i think it was a misunderstanding more than anything. All ironed out in the end.

Agree with your observation though, our game was very much the same with players adhering to the rules and just accepting the change for what it was. Also noticed a shift in game style, less blazing a kick towards the boundary and more kicking to a contest trying to force it over the line or taking on the corridor (both successfully and unsuccessfully) where possible.

Not many issues in the Modbury D grade game as far as that was concerned.

Due to Covid we only had 1 boundary umpire, so that made it difficult/contentious to determine if a ball had in fact gone over the boundary or not but other than that, all good. A few lads racked up the supercoach points being close to the boundary on numerous occasion - given the wind at Greenwith was howling across the ground at times.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:01 pm

holdy2323 wrote:

That was my concern doing the field umpiring as well. Thankfully between the goal umpires and boundary umpire us fieldies got the ball back to the centre pretty much the same time the adverts on the TV finished.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:50 pm

Am I reading correct - Pooraka C Grade after this round will have not played a game since Round 1 (4 weeks ago)?!

Why do C4 have 4x teams with 'byes' each week?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:Am I reading correct - Pooraka C Grade after this round will have not played a game since Round 1 (4 weeks ago)?!

Kenilworth have pulled the pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:Am I reading correct - Pooraka C Grade after this round will have not played a game since Round 1 (4 weeks ago)?!

Same as HV, actually slightly worse for us after next week as well.
Played Rd 1 v Pembroke
R2 v Woody South called off in the 1st quarter
R3 Bye (Pulteney no C's)
Rd 4 v Kenilworth forfeit (now a bye).
Rd 5 Bye (Portland no C's)

It's a bit awkward because of triple headers, but it shouldn't be 4 each week. Kenilworth have only just pulled out their C grade I believe so this week shows 4. Should only be 3 byes each week after that and some weeks only 1
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:45 pm

Do clubs still charge their C graders full fees even if they only get to play once in 5 weeks?

On a completely different thought, C grade has been 25 players for a while, but with the decline in participation, is there any opportunity for going the complete opposite and having C grade smaller numbers i.e. 15 a side in the future?

Those who have large numbers could potentially field a C/D grade @ 15 a side, and schedule home games alternate weeks to A/B.. those with less numbers just field a C grade and play triple headers before A/B.. but overall majority of clubs might have more success fielding a 3rd team,
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:45 pm

S Demon wrote:

Played Rd 1 v Pembroke
R3 Bye (Pulteney no C's)

It's a bit awkward because of triple headers, but it shouldn't be 4 each week. Kenilworth have only just pulled out their C grade I believe so this week shows 4. Should only be 3 byes each week after that and some weeks only 1

Unfortunate for Kenilworth to lose thier C's after all sides were in the GF last year
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:31 pm

Finding C Graders with the way things are is the hardest and most frustrating job at the footy club
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby S Demon » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:Finding C Graders with the way things are is the hardest and most frustrating job at the footy club

Will be a lot less C grade's in 2023 one would think..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby limb » Mon May 02, 2022 12:40 pm

S Demon wrote:

Played Rd 1 v Pembroke
R3 Bye (Pulteney no C's)

What was the situation with the R2 match being called off in the 1st quarter??
limb
Under 18s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby zedman » Mon May 02, 2022 12:46 pm

limb wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Played Rd 1 v Pembroke
R3 Bye (Pulteney no C's)

What was the situation with the R2 match being called off in the 1st quarter??

Injured player.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue May 03, 2022 9:55 am

How are clubs going with filling their C grade each week?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Tue May 03, 2022 11:14 am

Given PNU has as many injuries as anyone in the higher grades it's somewhat remarkable that it's still naming emergencies in the C Grade. Swings and roundabouts from getting the Friday night/Saturday morning phone call only a couple of years ago
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby locky801 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:35 pm

Bluedemon wrote:How are clubs going with filling their C grade each week?

Broadies seem to be doing ok, saw they had 5 on the bench last Saturday and had 4 out injured as well
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 03, 2022 5:24 pm

locky801 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:How are clubs going with filling their C grade each week?

Broadies seem to be doing ok, saw they had 5 on the bench last Saturday and had 4 out injured as well

Have we had a wet Saturday yet?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League