2022 AFL Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Port vs Sydney at 1:15pm on a Saturday, so basically anyone that has any commitment to any local or regional A or B grade club can't go, probably the most likely bracket to want to go.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:14 pm

rd wrote:
The AFL continue to put TV requests ahead of the loyal fans and then wonder why attendances aren't better.

Port play Richmond in the June long weekend in Melbourne - if that had been slotted in for Friday night then many Port fans would have flown over to Melbourne on the Friday, gone to Port that night and then take in Ess/Carlton on the Saturday night and boosted the Vic economy and airline profits for that long weekend. But no - with only 6 games scheduled for the long weekend, TV wants a game on a Thursday night. So Port get shifted there, Ess/Carlton goes to Friday night and there is no game in the city of Melbourne on the Saturday of a long weekend...

And in totally unrelated news you cant get a chalet at Mount Buller 11-13/6 for love nor money....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:30 pm

Dirty dog wrote:Can the un washed go to AO to watch footy yet?

EFA

Answer: you already do.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 02, 2022 11:52 am

MELBOURNE Football Club will rebrand itself as Narrm Football Club for the 2022 AFL Sir Doug Nicholls Round and AFLW Indigenous Round celebrations.

Narrm, the Aboriginal name for Melbourne, comes from Woi Wurrung, the language spoken by the traditional owners of the city and its surrounds.

The initiative is one of more than two years in the making, where the club worked closely with the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation to gain invaluable knowledge and permission of Narrm’s use.

Alongside celebrating and educating on Australia’s Indigenous history, the rebranding is designed to generate awareness and encourage productive conversations among the Demons’ member and supporter base.

The club will introduce a representative Narrm Football Club logo, which will take pride of place across all digital touchpoints, including website, social media and broadcast throughout the respective rounds.

The Narrm branding will then be integrated in-stadium for Melbourne’s Round 11 AFL match at the MCG, as part of Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

Melbourne CEO Gary Pert said the launch was a significant moment for the club.

“Today is an exciting day, as we announce Narrm Football Club to our members, supporters and the wider football community,” he said.

“This initiative has been a focus of our RAP Committee for the past two years and is as much about acknowledgement and education as it is celebration.

“We have a rich Indigenous club history at Melbourne, from welcoming our first Indigenous player, Eddie Jackson, in 1947, to launching our second Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan earlier this year.

“It’s exciting to be building on this and taking a step further on our own journey, while bringing our fans along with us.

“Our vision for reconciliation is, through AFL, to unite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples with non-Indigenous people, to understand and embrace history, culture and community.

“We hope with the Narrm Football Club initiative, we can continue to do just that and work towards a fully reconciled Australia.”

Narrm will first feature during AFL Round 10, when Melbourne faces North Melbourne for its away match at Marvel Stadium, before the Demons return to the MCG to host Fremantle in Round 11. The club will also take on the name of Narrm during Indigenous Round of the next AFL Women’s season.

Melbourne intends to continue this in Sir Doug Nicholls Round and AFLW Indigenous Round moving forward, beyond 2022.

Pert expressed his gratitude to those that have helped bring the initiative to life.

“I would like to thank the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation, which has been invaluable in sharing knowledge, guidance and permission,” Pert said.

“I would also like to recognise our Indigenous Projects Officer Matthew Whelan and our RAP Committee, who have been incredibly passionate and committed to ensuring this project is successful.

“We look forward to our members and supporters sharing in this journey with us and acknowledging the history of the land in which we call home.”

To celebrate the launch of Narrm, Melbourne will release a limited edition Narrm merchandise range, with all profits going towards the club’s various Indigenous programs.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 03, 2022 3:56 pm

Horne-Francis, who was finally rewarded with a Rising Star nomination this week, remonstrated twice with Blues players during North’s 50-point loss last Saturday nigh

The 18-year-old has been lauded for how he handled himself with Jack Silvagni after the Blues tall gave Horne-Francis some choice words following a late hit.

Horne-Francis confirmed most of what Silvagni yelled at him during the fiery altercation, just leaving out some expletives.

“(Silvangi) just said that we weren’t very good and I wasn’t very good,” Horne-Francis said.

“But it was a lot of heat of the moment and didn’t take anything to heart.

“It’s just in my nature, sticking up for my teammates, it’s something I love doing and I think a lot of it was just heat of the moment but that’s something that comes naturally.

I love this kid, I don't think the same of Silvagni.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Booney wrote:Horne-Francis, who was finally rewarded with a Rising Star nomination this week, remonstrated twice with Blues players during North’s 50-point loss last Saturday nigh

The 18-year-old has been lauded for how he handled himself with Jack Silvagni after the Blues tall gave Horne-Francis some choice words following a late hit.

Horne-Francis confirmed most of what Silvagni yelled at him during the fiery altercation, just leaving out some expletives.

“(Silvangi) just said that we weren’t very good and I wasn’t very good,” Horne-Francis said.

“It’s just in my nature, sticking up for my teammates, it’s something I love doing and I think a lot of it was just heat of the moment but that’s something that comes naturally.

And in fairness, if there’s anyone qualified in knowing what “not being very good is”, It’d be Jack Silvagni.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 04, 2022 1:34 pm

Booney wrote:Horne-Francis, who was finally rewarded with a Rising Star nomination this week, remonstrated twice with Blues players during North’s 50-point loss last Saturday nigh

Question. When push came to the shove there was JHF and second gamer Curtis. Where were the senior players? Dog act all good.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 04, 2022 11:23 pm

Unlike many draftee's he hasn't been brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth, life hasn't been easy for him, he has had to work for everything he has earned, his mates from when he was at Primary School are still his best mates...he is fiercely loyal
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu May 05, 2022 12:49 pm

Nicks has the 'rona
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby cracka » Thu May 12, 2022 9:41 am

Roo has just reported Leon Cameron will step down after this week's game
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Thu May 12, 2022 9:50 am

cracka wrote:Roo has just reported Leon Cameron will step down after this week's game

He'll make a good assistant again.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:58 am

cracka wrote:Roo has just reported Leon Cameron will step down after this week's game
News Ltd running with the story too.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:09 am

Will be a bad look if Hird gets the caretaker gig
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Thu May 12, 2022 10:15 am

Jim05 wrote:Will be a bad look if Hird gets the caretaker gig

Mark McVeigh apparently
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 am

Probably not the worst....if I was GWS I would be looking to appoint the next permenant coach ASAP so they could have the second half of the year to assess the list, try and start to see who fits into whatever style of play they are looking for and to build relationships before the end of season trade period etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cracka » Thu May 12, 2022 11:11 am

whufc wrote:

Probably not the worst....if I was GWS I would be looking to appoint the next permenant coach ASAP so they could have the second half of the year to assess the list, try and start to see who fits into whatever style of play they are looking for and to build relationships before the end of season trade period etc.

I'd be on the phone to Clarkson
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu May 12, 2022 11:27 am

cracka wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'd be on the phone to Clarkson

As will Gill before he cleans out his desk.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:29 am

The Cameron Presser about to start

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 12, 2022 11:56 am

Jim05 wrote:Will be a bad look if Hird gets the caretaker gig

Yep
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 12, 2022 11:56 am

So how do we rate Cameron?
Didn't win a flag but got pretty close with a list chockers full of talent.
Injuries and suspension hurt them at the wrong time.

Will he get/want another head coach position?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL