Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby locky801 » Mon May 02, 2022 5:41 pm

ringing a client at 8am in Broken Hill and getting the thumbs up for a job there this week.

Left home , driving through Mannahill, phone rings, job cancelled, U turn and come home, still get paid but not happy Jan :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 02, 2022 5:53 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Getting the cover letter ready and updating my resumé to suit a job that I was applying for today and I've been under the pump training someone.

I finally found a bit of time to sort it and went to apply and it closed off at noon :(

still fire it in, you never know

Can't the "apply now" button has been deacticvated.

Probz karma.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Mon May 02, 2022 7:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Getting the cover letter ready and updating my resumé to suit a job that I was applying for today and I've been under the pump training someone.

I finally found a bit of time to sort it and went to apply and it closed off at noon :(

I thought you were now loving your job?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 03, 2022 8:58 am

Spargo wrote:

I thought you were now loving your job?

It's been a great learning curve but I was presented with an opportunity that was right up my alley and something that I'm passionate about, the money was significantly better too.

I'm not much of a risk taker and don't get out of my comfort zone, I was willing to explore.

I do like to apply for jobs though that are on the cusp of being out of reach for me, I like to try and get to the interview stages to keep me on my toes for what to expect nowadays, back in the day we'd lug a portfolio of all of our achievements and certificates, now it's just roll up well presented.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue May 03, 2022 9:32 am

My mobile phone.
Died on me about 9am yesterday. Could not get it to restart no matter what I did. Buy a new one. Get home, put the old one back in its box & the box vibrates. F****** thing starts working
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 03, 2022 11:08 am

cracka wrote:My mobile phone.
Died on me about 9am yesterday. Could not get it to restart no matter what I did. Buy a new one. Get home, put the old one back in its box & the box vibrates. F****** thing starts working

:lol: :lol:

Wouldn't be the first thing that starts vibrating again once you put it in it's box.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 04, 2022 9:30 am

The amount of discussion about how mortgage stressed people are with a 0.25% increase

If people are under stress now then you borrowed far beyond your means.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Wed May 04, 2022 9:45 am

Brodlach wrote:The amount of discussion about how mortgage stressed people are with a 0.25% increase

That's a simplistic view. If anyone is buying their first house without any collateral and only a deposit, you are going to be mortgage stressed due to the cost of housing right now regardless of the interest rate, so any increase would increase the stress.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 04, 2022 9:48 am

Money is simplistic, you have it or you don’t.

I understand what you are saying however if you are under stress at 0.1% , or now 0.35%, you have over committed yourself.

Need to look at how much was spent when purchasing. Should base what you purchased on a 7% bank interest rate not 4%
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 04, 2022 9:52 am

Both points have merit, but ultimately the driver is wage growth and the cost of living. If wages grew in line with rate increases, or even close too, then people would survive without an issue. The cost of living though continues to increase disproportionately and that's what is going to hurt people the most. Food, fuel etc.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 04, 2022 10:14 am

Cost of living is a 20x much bigger issue that interest rates going up
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 04, 2022 12:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Cost of living is a 20x much bigger issue that interest rates going up

Agreed but price gouging is at ridiculous levels. To increase prices by 40-50% on items that are not effected by rising costs is outrageous

Example.

Fantelle 24pk water was $11, in one jump it was moved to $16. There is no way that increase can be justified
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed May 04, 2022 12:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Cost of living is a 20x much bigger issue that interest rates going up

Agreed but price gouging is at ridiculous levels. To increase prices by 40-50% on items that are not effected by rising costs is outrageous

Example.

Fantelle 24pk water was $11, in one jump it was moved to $16. There is no way that increase can be justified

A major cost for bottled drinks is transport. Fuel went through the roof, and also truck drivers got sick of testing everytime they crossed the boarder. Both of these meant a lot of drinks prices jumped.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 04, 2022 12:30 pm

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:The amount of discussion about how mortgage stressed people are with a 0.25% increase

That's a simplistic view. If anyone is buying their first house without any collateral and only a deposit, you are going to be mortgage stressed due to the cost of housing right now regardless of the interest rate, so any increase would increase the stress.

Maybe some of these poor darlings can reduce their uber eats to once a week or drink normal beer and not fancy gin or heaven forbid buy 2nd hand goods where they can.
Young people these days want what their parents have straight away and have and want the best of the best.

Obviously not all young people are like this but the majority I work/network with are.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed May 04, 2022 12:37 pm

People that don't know the difference between boarder & border.
And then & than.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Wed May 04, 2022 12:40 pm

I can't weight to see the replies on this
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 04, 2022 12:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:

Maybe some of these poor darlings can reduce their uber eats to once a week or drink normal beer and not fancy gin or heaven forbid buy 2nd hand goods where they can.
Young people these days want what their parents have straight away and have and want the best of the best.

Obviously not all young people are like this but the majority I work/network with are.

Makes me laugh, the assumption that all these "poor darlings" Uber Eats every night, have 90" LCD 4K ultra on the wall etc....my sons friends, many of them couples on average ( $50-60k - the real "average wage" ) wages scrape by week to week.

Why? Because they want to live somewhere other than Bumf*ck Long Plains or in a shoe box and be able to see friends, have them over.

And we all obviously bought our first home and proceeded to stay at home every night, not get a pizza once a week and picked up empty cans on the road side to pay our fuel bills. How dare they live!

*Waves fist at cloud*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 04, 2022 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:

Makes me laugh, the assumption that all these "poor darlings" Uber Eats every night, have 90" LCD 4K ultra on the wall etc....my sons friends, many of them couples on average ( $50-60k - the real "average wage" ) wages scrape by week to week.

Why? Because they want to live somewhere other than Bumf*ck Long Plains or in a shoe box and be able to see friends, have them over.

And we all obviously bought our first home and proceeded to stay at home every night, not get a pizza once a week and picked up empty cans on the road side to pay our fuel bills. How dare they live!

*Waves fist at cloud*

Not all just most! ;)
I feel for the genuine ones doing it tough but it’s no different to 20 years ago when you and I bought a house.
Work hard and spend less than you earn.
The formula hasn’t changed!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby am Bays » Wed May 04, 2022 12:52 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:People that don't know the difference between boarder & border.
And then & than.

I here ya!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 04, 2022 1:02 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I feel for the genuine ones doing it tough but it’s no different to 20 years ago when you and I bought a house.

That's just not true. My first 3 bedroom house in Royal Park, timber frame, small block, cost me $77,000 in 1996, I sold it for $200,000 in 2000. We had a $7000 deposit. Today it would got for $450-500k.

Tell me where you buy a 3 bedroom house in suburbia for $77,000? You don't.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion