Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 04, 2022 1:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Cost of living is a 20x much bigger issue that interest rates going up

Agreed but price gouging is at ridiculous levels. To increase prices by 40-50% on items that are not effected by rising costs is outrageous

Example.

Fantelle 24pk water was $11, in one jump it was moved to $16. There is no way that increase can be justified

Yep, my pasito sugar free cans went from $6.50 to $11 per 10 pack in one foul swoop.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby RB » Wed May 04, 2022 1:05 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:People that don't know the difference between boarder & border.
And then & than.

Using "he's" instead of "his" is one that currently grinds my gears.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 04, 2022 1:14 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I feel for the genuine ones doing it tough but it’s no different to 20 years ago when you and I bought a house.

That's just not true. My first 3 bedroom house in Royal Park, timber frame, small block, cost me $77,000 in 1996, I sold it for $200,000 in 2000. We had a $7000 deposit. Today it would got for $450-500k.

Tell me where you buy a 3 bedroom house in suburbia for $77,000? You don't.

Of course you can’t.
But wage growth comes into play as well.

I assume you don’t still earn $50k a year like in 96?

Low income earners will always be hardest hit by inflation and interest rate rises.

That’s why most young people are building at Gawler and Virginia these days.

You ain’t buying a house at Royal Park on $60k a year these days but you can still build/buy if you’re prepared to move further out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 04, 2022 1:22 pm

RB wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:People that don't know the difference between boarder & border.
And then & than.

Using "he's" instead of "his" is one that currently grinds my gears.

@whufc, you're safe.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed May 04, 2022 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:The amount of discussion about how mortgage stressed people are with a 0.25% increase

If people are under stress now then you borrowed far beyond your means.

That's a simplistic view. If anyone is buying their first house without any collateral and only a deposit, you are going to be mortgage stressed due to the cost of housing right now regardless of the interest rate, so any increase would increase the stress.

Maybe some of these poor darlings can reduce their uber eats to once a week or drink normal beer and not fancy gin or heaven forbid buy 2nd hand goods where they can.
Young people these days want what their parents have straight away and have and want the best of the best.

Obviously not all young people are like this but the majority I work/network with are.

Makes me laugh, the assumption that all these "poor darlings" Uber Eats every night, have 90" LCD 4K ultra on the wall etc....my sons friends, many of them couples on average ( $50-60k - the real "average wage" ) wages scrape by week to week.

Why? Because they want to live somewhere other than Bumf*ck Long Plains or in a shoe box and be able to see friends, have them over.

And we all obviously bought our first home and proceeded to stay at home every night, not get a pizza once a week and picked up empty cans on the road side to pay our fuel bills. How dare they live!

*Waves fist at cloud*

Thats pretty harsh if you have never been there. Some of the very best facilities in the state are there.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 04, 2022 1:27 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Booney wrote:
Makes me laugh, the assumption that all these "poor darlings" Uber Eats every night, have 90" LCD 4K ultra on the wall etc....my sons friends, many of them couples on average ( $50-60k - the real "average wage" ) wages scrape by week to week.

Why? Because they want to live somewhere other than Bumf*ck Long Plains or in a shoe box and be able to see friends, have them over.

And we all obviously bought our first home and proceeded to stay at home every night, not get a pizza once a week and picked up empty cans on the road side to pay our fuel bills. How dare they live!

*Waves fist at cloud*

Thats pretty harsh if you have never been there. Some of the very best facilities in the state are there.

I was waiting for you to pipe up :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed May 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Booney wrote:

*Waves fist at cloud*

I was waiting for you to pipe up :lol:
;

:lol:
All good, but I reckon he would get a pleasant surprise.
Plus all the guernseys of the ex port players on the wall!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Booney » Wed May 04, 2022 1:44 pm

I forgot there's actually a place called Long Plains! :lol:

It wasn't meant to be disparaging to the good folk of Long Plains, it was more emphasising not everyone wishes to live North of Bolivar.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 pm

Booney wrote:I forgot there's actually a place called Long Plains! :lol:

It wasn't meant to be disparaging to the good folk of Long Plains, it was more emphasising not everyone wishes to live North of Bolivar.

Be better :lol: :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Trader » Wed May 04, 2022 2:13 pm

And then & than.

I'm sorry.

If you could learn the difference between "Cows" and "Crows", "Norf" and "North" and "$turd" and "Sturt", that would be great.
Oh, and don't forget to use a capital letter when you're starting a new sentence.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed May 04, 2022 3:09 pm

Trader wrote:
And then & than.

I'm sorry.

If you could learn the difference between "Cows" and "Crows", "Norf" and "North" and "$turd" and "Sturt", that would be great.
Oh, and don't forget to use a capital letter when you're starting a new sentence.

And stop using 'and' at the start of a sentence.... oh, hold on.....
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 04, 2022 3:25 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:The amount of discussion about how mortgage stressed people are with a 0.25% increase

If people are under stress now then you borrowed far beyond your means.

That's a simplistic view. If anyone is buying their first house without any collateral and only a deposit, you are going to be mortgage stressed due to the cost of housing right now regardless of the interest rate, so any increase would increase the stress.

Maybe some of these poor darlings can reduce their uber eats to once a week or drink normal beer and not fancy gin or heaven forbid buy 2nd hand goods where they can.
Young people these days want what their parents have straight away and have and want the best of the best.

Obviously not all young people are like this but the majority I work/network with are.

*Waves fist at cloud*

Have you broken into my son's place?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tipper » Wed May 04, 2022 3:38 pm

get stuffed ;)

nothing wrong with living out here. people may just need to adjust their expectations.

when we first bought, my wife wanted something out in the eastern suburbs, campbelltown area. regardless of my laughter, she insisted we look.

eventually she adjusted her expectations and we ended up out at para hills. bought for 270k, sold for 350k 14 years later in 2018, so not everywhere has had dramatic price increases. only reason we moved was the growing family, id happily still live there.

now we are out at Burton (just a little north of bolivar ;) ) and once again, perfectly happy. our house in a suburb closer to adelaide would be massively more expensive. and for the record, i still dont have a HD tv, and i do stay home most nights, and we try to avoid take out, yet im still pretty happy with my lot. it isnt as bad as some people make it out to be
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 04, 2022 3:49 pm

tipper wrote:

get stuffed ;)

nothing wrong with living out here. people may just need to adjust their expectations.

when we first bought, my wife wanted something out in the eastern suburbs, campbelltown area. regardless of my laughter, she insisted we look.

eventually she adjusted her expectations and we ended up out at para hills. bought for 270k, sold for 350k 14 years later in 2018, so not everywhere has had dramatic price increases. only reason we moved was the growing family, id happily still live there.

now we are out at Burton (just a little north of bolivar ;) ) and once again, perfectly happy. our house in a suburb closer to adelaide would be massively more expensive. and for the record, i still dont have a HD tv, and i do stay home most nights, and we try to avoid take out, yet im still pretty happy with my lot. it isnt as bad as some people make it out to be

You no longer have a neighbour who thinks he's a koala though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed May 04, 2022 3:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

get stuffed ;)

You no longer have a neighbour who thinks he's a koala though.

aside from his rubbish timing, it was entertaining at least.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed May 04, 2022 3:51 pm

tipper wrote:

It wasn't meant to be disparaging to the good folk of Long Plains, it was more emphasising not everyone wishes to live [b]North of Bolivar[/b].

get stuffed ;)

You took that as a dig? :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed May 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:

It wasn't meant to be disparaging to the good folk of Long Plains, it was more emphasising not everyone wishes to live [b]North of Bolivar[/b].

get stuffed ;)

not at all. tongue firmly in cheek. hence the wink
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 04, 2022 3:58 pm

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:

get stuffed ;)

Maybe mention a 3rd suburb out North to offend another person ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 04, 2022 4:13 pm

I love Truro.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 04, 2022 4:14 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Maybe mention a 3rd suburb out North to offend another person ;)

I've just sent him my address.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion