Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby Aerie » Sat May 07, 2022 9:53 pm

It was classy by both teams, but particularly Port, to form a guard of honour for Luke Thompson’s 200th game for the Eagles as they walked off.

A hard scrap. Eagles weren’t smooth, but were committed, as were Port. Rowland and Sinor very good. Menzel dangerous. Buck very clean and skilled by foot considering the conditions. No one else on the ground played the wet weather like he did.
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby am Bays » Sat May 07, 2022 9:56 pm

I rate Sinor and Buck
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby ferret » Sun May 08, 2022 9:22 am

Spargo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Eagles 11.7(73)
Port Reserves 7.5(47)

Eagles by 26 points

Final score


Great win by the Eagles seeing Port beat Glenelg last week

Not the same side that played us last week, & not surprising your win today with the Eagles form over the last few weeks.


And the Eagles not the same. It's not as if the Eagles went in with their best 22. Trying to compare last week with this week is misleading. Missing from the Eagles were:
Knight, Allmond, Redden, Cameron, T. Menzel, Lonergan, Toumpas and Guilhaus.
User avatar
ferret
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby MJP1993 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Has anyone mentioned Dixon according to the Advertiser he had a great game lmao do Port run the paper
He didn’t look that good to me kicked 1 goal 2 points
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby am Bays » Sun May 08, 2022 2:58 pm

:lol: :lol:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby whybother » Sun May 08, 2022 5:51 pm

as anyone mentioned Dixon according to the Advertiser he had a great game lmao do Port run the paper
He didn’t look that good to me kicked 1 goal 2 points

Never criticise your opponents poor choices. My fear yesterday was that with his size etc, he would burst out and kick 10 goals. But it shows how PA regard the local comp, deliberately playing with 1/2 a player less.
whybother
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby MJP1993 » Sun May 08, 2022 8:36 pm

whybother wrote:as anyone mentioned Dixon according to the Advertiser he had a great game lmao do Port run the paper
He didn’t look that good to me kicked 1 goal 2 points

Never criticise your opponents poor choices. My fear yesterday was that with his size etc, he would burst out and kick 10 goals. But it shows how PA regard the local comp, deliberately playing with 1/2 a player less.


Yeah I shouldn’t have mentioned it
Saw you and the others on the SANFL Now
I was thinking like you he’d kick a bag it was noticeable majority of him going for the ball 3 or 4 Eagles players flew with him !
And in the end Thompson held him up after Lehman did his hammy

Anyone know why Cameron didn’t play ?
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby Booney » Sun May 08, 2022 8:49 pm

ferret wrote:
Spargo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Eagles 11.7(73)
Port Reserves 7.5(47)

Eagles by 26 points

Final score


Great win by the Eagles seeing Port beat Glenelg last week

Not the same side that played us last week, & not surprising your win today with the Eagles form over the last few weeks.


And the Eagles not the same. It's not as if the Eagles went in with their best 22. Trying to compare last week with this week is misleading. Missing from the Eagles were:
Knight, Allmond, Redden, Cameron, T. Menzel, Lonergan, Toumpas and Guilhaus.


Gilhaus, big loss.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 53960
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6375 times
Been liked: 9443 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby ferret » Mon May 09, 2022 9:00 am

MJP1993 wrote:
whybother wrote:as anyone mentioned Dixon according to the Advertiser he had a great game lmao do Port run the paper
He didn’t look that good to me kicked 1 goal 2 points

Never criticise your opponents poor choices. My fear yesterday was that with his size etc, he would burst out and kick 10 goals. But it shows how PA regard the local comp, deliberately playing with 1/2 a player less.


Yeah I shouldn’t have mentioned it
Saw you and the others on the SANFL Now
I was thinking like you he’d kick a bag it was noticeable majority of him going for the ball 3 or 4 Eagles players flew with him !
And in the end Thompson held him up after Lehman did his hammy

Anyone know why Cameron didn’t play ?


Slight hammy, didn't want to take a chance.
User avatar
ferret
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby Booney » Mon May 09, 2022 9:32 am

The Eagles had control for the first quarter and a bit before Port got on top in the midfield through Jones and Frederick in the second term and the scores at half time were a true reflection of the first half. Port 5.3 to the Eagles 4.4.

Then the rain came at half time and from there on in the bigger Eagles bodies were lower and harder at the contest, 3.2 to no score in the third term and it was game over. Pasini again really good for Port, the kid has come along nicely and nothing gets past him, he reads the play well and spoils with intent.

Sinor, Clarke and Ferns all good for the Eagles at the coal face and Menzels class on a wet day the difference up front.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 53960
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6375 times
Been liked: 9443 times

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

Postby MJP1993 » Mon May 09, 2022 3:37 pm

ferret wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
whybother wrote:as anyone mentioned Dixon according to the Advertiser he had a great game lmao do Port run the paper
He didn’t look that good to me kicked 1 goal 2 points

Never criticise your opponents poor choices. My fear yesterday was that with his size etc, he would burst out and kick 10 goals. But it shows how PA regard the local comp, deliberately playing with 1/2 a player less.


Yeah I shouldn’t have mentioned it
Saw you and the others on the SANFL Now
I was thinking like you he’d kick a bag it was noticeable majority of him going for the ball 3 or 4 Eagles players flew with him !
And in the end Thompson held him up after Lehman did his hammy

Anyone know why Cameron didn’t play ?


Slight hammy, didn't want to take a chance.


Thanks Ferret
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 30 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests