Amazing...
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: Round 6 Sturt vs Dogs Wigan Oval Sunday 2:10

Postby whufc » Mon May 09, 2022 11:41 am

another grub wrote:How far is it to St Kilda?

St Kilda could be Hamilton Island and players wouldn't want to come to the shambles that is our football club at the moment. Imagine a recruit jumping on a potential news clubs facebook page to see one player calling the fans 'not real' and the league coach popping in a with unconstructive comments!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby another grub » Mon May 09, 2022 11:41 am

How did the new ruckman go?

Certainly not going to win a Stawell gift
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 404 times

Postby another grub » Mon May 09, 2022 11:44 am

whufc wrote:

St Kilda could be Hamilton Island and players wouldn't want to come to the shambles that is our football club at the moment. Imagine a recruit jumping on a potential news clubs facebook page to see one player calling the fans 'not real' and the league coach popping in a with unconstructive comments!!

Not good enough and the board need to be notified [-X :roll:
another grub
Coach

Postby Dogs64 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:46 am

whufc wrote:PS. saw Aiden Grace comments......what a wanker.

His been at the club two minutes and thinks he can tell the fans there not true supporters. Most of those blokes posting did it tough for 30 odd years before our first premiership and they haven't seen a worse side than the current one. Him telling the fans 'you're all not true supporters' is bloody rich.

And now we have Paul Thomas responding to posts as well but not really in a constructive manner. Surely his been in the game long enough to know that when results like this year happen people are going to ask questions or be critical. To be fair the comments aren't even that bad other than 'the team has gone backwards', 'is Thomas the right man', 'Thommo isn't the right man'. I wouldn't call them completely unfair comments given the circumstances.

Why's he a wanker? He's been at the club "two minutes" and is publicly supporting his coach and taking responsibility for a teams poor performance. More of a leader, club man I would think. Fans or supposed true supporters calling for his coach to be sacked are more the wankers.
Since Thommos arrived the salary cap has been halved to a measly $210,000 (for all except the AFL teams). Why wouldn't this be the worse side we've seen? Compounded by the difficulties we've had recruiting as all true supporters should be aware of. Sure, people can ask questions when we've lost by near enough to 100 points by the now top side. But, to say Thommo isn't the right man or should stand down I believe is not only too simplistic but pretty pathetic.
I think he can only work with the team he has on the day. So why do these supposed "true supporters" believe Thommo isn't the right man? Does he not have the football knowledge, experience? Is he too old or young? Has he not had good coaching mentors? Is he to long out of the game? Does he not bleed red, white and blue or appreciate the club history? Does he not know how to win or what's required for success? Is he doing it for the money or just for self promotion? Has he had plenty of opportunity in the position for long enough without success? Is he not getting the results from a good or great list of players? Has he "lost" the support of the players? These supposed true supporters should be careful what they wish for.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby another grub » Mon May 09, 2022 11:49 am

Well said dogsy
another grub
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:53 am

wow... I just read the facebook post and comments.

Can't believe a player went on and had a crack. But it happens I guess.

Can seriously not believe that Paul Thomas is on there baiting back at fans.....! Inviting them out to take training!?

Surely his experience in the game informs him to leave it. Surely.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby whufc » Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 am

Dogs64 wrote:

His been at the club two minutes and thinks he can tell the fans there not true supporters. Most of those blokes posting did it tough for 30 odd years before our first premiership and they haven't seen a worse side than the current one. Him telling the fans 'you're all not true supporters' is bloody rich.

And now we have Paul Thomas responding to posts as well but not really in a constructive manner. Surely his been in the game long enough to know that when results like this year happen people are going to ask questions or be critical. To be fair the comments aren't even that bad other than 'the team has gone backwards', 'is Thomas the right man', 'Thommo isn't the right man'. I wouldn't call them completely unfair comments given the circumstances.

Why's he a wanker? He's been at the club "two minutes" and is publicly supporting his coach and taking responsibility for a teams poor performance. More of a leader, club man I would think. Fans or supposed true supporters calling for his coach to be sacked are more the wankers.
Since Thommos arrived the salary cap has been halved to a measly $210,000 (for all except the AFL teams). Why wouldn't this be the worse side we've seen? Compounded by the difficulties we've had recruiting as all true supporters should be aware of. Sure, people can ask questions when we've lost by near enough to 100 points by the now top side. But, to say Thommo isn't the right man or should stand down I believe is not only too simplistic but pretty pathetic.
I think he can only work with the team he has on the day. So why do these supposed "true supporters" believe Thommo isn't the right man? Does he not have the football knowledge, experience? Is he too old or young? Has he not had good coaching mentors? Is he to long out of the game? Does he not bleed red, white and blue or appreciate the club history? Does he not know how to win or what's required for success? Is he doing it for the money or just for self promotion? Has he had plenty of opportunity in the position for long enough without success? Is he not getting the results from a good or great list of players? Has he "lost" the support of the players? These supposed true supporters should be careful what they wish for.

One I think Thommo should get the year regardless of results but whether he is good enough or not is genuinely a football discussion for a fan of the dogs. .....albeit im yet to see anything that suggests he is going to take us forward. Ill agree Thommo doesn't have the greatest of cattle either. I think the club gets a D for his second off season recruiting and I don't think his getting the best out of the playing group anyway. If Aiden Grace or Thommo don't think there will be critism on social media to a 100 point loss and 1-6 start to the year then they are disillusioned. I haven't commented on any of the posts but the ones I have read have not been 'that' abusive...…

Calling the people that essentially pay his wages 'not true' fans because they are upset at the position the club is the trademarks of a wanker imo……………
1/ would he even know what our supporters have been through over the 50 year journey, many who still attend week in week out.
2/ what supporters were the ones that actively fought for the integrity of the competition
3/ does he even understand the region he plays for or is he blind sighted by the beach house all our recruits have to have.....I have many mates who do it tough in life yet still find the $$$ each year to stump up for a membership/home match ticket.....yet he has the balls to say they aren't real fans because they posted that the effort was average or they don't think the coach has the players motivated....wanker.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogs64 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:03 pm

another grub wrote:
whufc wrote:

Not good enough and the board need to be notified [-X :roll:

Please, what's wrong with a bit of interaction. Such a society of apologists now. Imagine a new recruit jumping on a clubs facebook page seeing a few "supporters" having a crack at the team, doing their best and no response. Hopefully a new recruit would understand social media is a platform where some posters comments aren't necessarily a reflection on the opinions of the majority.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon May 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Personally I LOVE the interaction! It shows that the players are fair dunkum & are fired Up! It just might get them over the line next match!
I think Aiden was calling the "supporters" that constantly put the players & club down not true supporters & he's 100% correct!
The ones that criticise all the time probably aren't even paid up members!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Mon May 09, 2022 12:27 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Personally I LOVE the interaction! It shows that the players are fair dunkum & are fired Up! It just might get them over the line next match!
I think Aiden was calling the "supporters" that constantly put the players & club down not true supporters & he's 100% correct!
The ones that criticise all the time probably aren't even paid up members!

Have Centrals imploded??? ;)

8)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby northerner » Mon May 09, 2022 1:01 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Yeah thats not a great look, good intentions but they are taking their eye off the ball if they are doing that

Yep to see the league coach get on a make one borderline sarcastic reply to only one poster who to be fair didn't say anything to critical other than maybe the coach is out their depth (not unfair criticism given the fact the club has gone backwards in his first 20 games in charge and there is almost zero positives and no light at the end of tunnel in regards to how he wants us to play)

Seeing this social medias has ,made me more concerned for the future of our club than ever before.

Are you part of the solution moving forward? You know its a community Club right?

I value much of what you say and who you are, but labelling Aiden a wanker is beyond reasonable. If you know this guy, he bleeds Doggie blood already. He had a big part to play in getting one of the recruits across this season. He is highly respected amongst the players and was pselectedinto the leadership group.
And...he is hurting.
If his well-intentioned remark ruffled your feathers, then thats on you, not him.
Well played Aiden, disappointing Ben.

PS...just as an exercise on our challenges:
Can you name more than 6 metro Clubs that are feeders for us? We would have the least metro feeders BY A MILE.... and yes, we have whinged and yet nothing is done... so what is your next suggestion?
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 431 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby am Bays » Mon May 09, 2022 1:30 pm

northerner wrote:
Can you name more than 6 metro Clubs that are feeders for us? We would have the least metro feeders BY A MILE.... and yes, we have whinged and yet nothing is done... so what is your next suggestion?

That actually makes it easier for you potentially as you’ve other league clubs responsible for servicing local clubs and schools that kids in your zone play for.

For Example Edwardstown club in Westies zone but kids west of Marion Rd who potentially play for Edwardstown are zoned to Glenelg. Vice Versa for Cove footy club zoned to Glenelg but kids in Sheidow park zoned to South.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby northerner » Mon May 09, 2022 1:40 pm

am Bays wrote:
northerner wrote:

That actually makes it easier for you potentially as you’ve other league clubs responsible for servicing local clubs and schools that kids in your zone play for.

For Example Edwardstown club in Westies zone but kids west of Marion Rd who potentially play for Edwardstown are zoned to Glenelg. Vice Versa for Cove footy club zoned to Glenelg but kids in Sheidow park zoned to South.

We wish!
I can only think of 3 football clubs in the entire Playford Council that are in the Amateur League. Div 4 is the highest of any of them.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 431 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Dogs64 » Mon May 09, 2022 1:47 pm

northerner wrote:
am Bays wrote:
northerner wrote:

We wish!
I can only think of 3 football clubs in the entire Playford Council that are in the Amateur League. Div 4 is the highest of any of them.

In addition Northerner, I have read through plenty of the past SANFL annual reports and their zoning reports. Central along with South Adelaide always had (by a long way), the lowest number of both schools and football participants in their zones. A significantly smaller talent pool to draw from.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby Booney » Mon May 09, 2022 1:48 pm

"You’re all not true supporters. Nothing to do with our coach. We played we take responsibility for it, it’s not acceptable. If your not willing to support us through this you shouldn’t support us. But don’t try blame it on one person."

This is the dumbest thing anyone at a football club can say.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby another grub » Mon May 09, 2022 1:50 pm

Wouldn't happen at Queen St
another grub
Coach

Postby Dogs64 » Mon May 09, 2022 2:00 pm

Booney wrote:"You’re all not true supporters. Nothing to do with our coach. We played we take responsibility for it, it’s not acceptable. If your not willing to support us through this you shouldn’t support us. But don’t try blame it on one person."

Why? I agree, a supporter not a barracker (or band waggoner) supports through the tough times as well as the good. Even if we have our worst team. Did you still follow the Port Magpies in 2000 to 2014 when they were mediocre and unsuccessful, before Port Power took them over?

All he was saying is don't blame the coach, the players take responsibility it's not acceptable, good on him.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby another grub » Mon May 09, 2022 2:09 pm

Who you think got the Magarey votes yesty?
another grub
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 09, 2022 2:12 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
Booney wrote:"You’re all not true supporters. Nothing to do with our coach. We played we take responsibility for it, it’s not acceptable. If your not willing to support us through this you shouldn’t support us. But don’t try blame it on one person."

Why? I agree, a supporter not a barracker (or band waggoner) supports through the tough times as well as the good. Even if we have our worst team. Did you still follow the Port Magpies in 2000 to 2014 when they were mediocre and unsuccessful, before Port Power took them over?

All he was saying is don't blame the coach, the players take responsibility it's not acceptable, good on him.

Why? He's telling people if they don't want to support them now they shouldn't at all and he's been at the club what, 2 years? These people ( may or may not, granted ) have probably got generations of Centrals blood running in them and are frustrated where their once mighty club is at and he blows in and takes offence at some Facebook posts (of all places to do it) when the club gets thumped by 15 goals! You think it's a good idea?

Absolutely I have supported the Port Adelaide Football Club through thick and thin, more thick than thin in my time but no SANFL flag since 1999 and no AFL since 2004 and here I am, loud and proud. If, as I do now, think Hinkley should be moved on at the end of the year and voice that opinion only to have a second year recruit tell me I should move on if I don't want to support them I'd be telling him just how it is, sure as hell wouldn't be thanking him for telling me to f*ck off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL