Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:42 am

whufc wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Shaun Marsh will play on for WA next season, it will be his 23rd first class season. He is still contacted for one more season and he looks set to remain as the stand in captain when brother Mitch is unavailable.

Peter Siddle signed a one year contract extension for Tasmania which will take him into his 16th first class season.

Tim Paine was not given a new contract by Tasmania.

Billy Stanlake has moved to Tasmania.

Victorian Wicket-keeper Seb Gotch has been forced to retire because of a chronic finger injury.

SA could do with Tim Paine......especially if Carey gets more games for Australia.

Comedy Gold - you realize Tim Neilson still gives the contracts :D :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 13, 2022 11:48 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Shaun Marsh will play on for WA next season, it will be his 23rd first class season. He is still contacted for one more season and he looks set to remain as the stand in captain when brother Mitch is unavailable.

Peter Siddle signed a one year contract extension for Tasmania which will take him into his 16th first class season.

Tim Paine was not given a new contract by Tasmania.

Billy Stanlake has moved to Tasmania.

Victorian Wicket-keeper Seb Gotch has been forced to retire because of a chronic finger injury.

SA could do with Tim Paine......especially if Carey gets more games for Australia.

Comedy Gold - you realize Tim Neilson still gives the contracts :D :D

You are right.

I had a momentary lapse in concentration and thought SA might consider trying to win a game or two.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Sun May 15, 2022 9:21 am

Andrew Symonds has passed away in a car crash
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 15, 2022 9:30 am

Terrible news to wake up to.

Vale Roy.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun May 15, 2022 11:29 am

Incredibly sad news to wake this morning and read about Roy's passing. Can't believe he's gone.

I absolutely loved watching him playing ODI cricket, his hundred against Pakistan in Australia's first match of the 2003 World Cup is my main highlight of his. I still remember watching it with my dad and brother in our old lounge room, he came in when the Aussies were in trouble (at 4/86) and made 143 not out from 125 balls to get Australia to 8/310. It was the first time I really remember seeing him and Brad Hogg play for Australia.

He was an absolute gun fieldsman, he was so good at hitting the stumps and made some incredible run outs, took some ripper catches and most importantly saved so many runs. How good was it with him, Ponting and Clarke in the ODI team for a long period.

Add in his ability to bowl both medium pace and off spin made him such a versatile cricketer, he was another star in a golden era.

I enjoyed his commentary too, especially his insights around fielding and he had his own stats system to rate a teams fielding performance.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Sun May 15, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby locky801 » Sun May 15, 2022 4:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:Terrible news to wake up to.

Vale Roy.

Terrible news, another Aussie icon sadly taken, take the top off a few this arvo and remember how good he really was

RIP Roy
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 17, 2022 11:05 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Incredibly sad news to wake this morning and read about Roy's passing. Can't believe he's gone.

I absolutely loved watching him playing ODI cricket, his hundred against Pakistan in Australia's first match of the 2003 World Cup is my main highlight of his. I still remember watching it with my dad and brother in our old lounge room, he came in when the Aussies were in trouble (at 4/86) and made 143 not out from 125 balls to get Australia to 8/310. It was the first time I really remember seeing him and Brad Hogg play for Australia.

He was an absolute gun fieldsman, he was so good at hitting the stumps and made some incredible run outs, took some ripper catches and most importantly saved so many runs. How good was it with him, Ponting and Clarke in the ODI team for a long period.

Add in his ability to bowl both medium pace and off spin made him such a versatile cricketer, he was another star in a golden era.

I enjoyed his commentary too, especially his insights around fielding and he had his own stats system to rate a teams fielding performance.

Everything you have written is spot on, when we think about an Australian iconic cricketer, Andrew Symonds fits the criteria.

If Shane Warne hadn't of passed this would've had it's own thread and been 10 pages deep by now, he really was the blokes bloke of cricket, he was the complete allrounder, I'm devastated that I've been away to to the river twice in the past ten years, both times I've woken to the news of a legend passing.

I always love reading your educated posts, you're years beyond your age.

#respect.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket