Rosewater
12%
Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Where is @The Bedge preview ?

Sorry sir, been away for work this week, i'll get something up after lunch haha!

And what about the preview?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 13, 2022 1:22 pm

Ladder after Round 5
10 - Trinity OS
08 - West Croydon
07 - Central United
04 - Brahma Lodge
04 - Marion
---------------------------
03 - Rosewater
02 - Ingle Farm
02 - Para Hills
00 - Fitzroy

Round 6
Fitzroy vs Central United
Marion vs West Croydon
Rosewater vs Brahma Lodge
Para Hills vs Ingle Farm

Only 5 games into the season, but already potential for the top sides to put some space between themselves and the rest. However there are still 3 very critical matches that could shape the season.

Marion vs West Croydon will be closely watched - the Hawks have been flying so far this season, whilst the pre-season expectations for Marion haven't quite come to fruition - eyebrows raised last week as they fell victim to the Units by 28 points. Although Marion to Mofflin is a fair hike, so perhaps an anomaly.

Rosewater vs Brahma Lodge the other match that will be viewed with great anticipation - the Bulldogs have overcome a sluggish start to the season and have begun to make their move, whilst on the flipside Brahma head into this match lacking momentum after succumbing to Ingle Farm then having the bye. Word on the street all isnt rosey down the Lodge either. Having seen them both in consecutive weeks, it's hard to look past Rosewater in this clash, and expect them to be around the mark by end of season if they can keep the best on the park - depth is lacking.

Finally the other match that is critical will be the local derby of Para Hills vs Ingle Farm. An old fashioned "4 point game", both teams on 1 win will be eager to put some breathing space between the bottom of the ladder and themselves. Whilst finals isn't out of the question, it'll be tough for these two sides and getting themselves into a position to avoid relegation is a must over the first part of the season.

Fitzroy look to be battling, and smart money would have Units start heavy favorites, with the BedgeBet line at -41.50.. if match goes to script, the Units will sit healthy in 3rd position end of the round, whilst Fitzroy will be winless and two wins outside relegation safety zone.

Predicted Ladder after Rd 6
10 - Trinity OS
10 - West Croydon
09 - Central United
05 - Rosewater
04 - Brahma Lodge
----------------------
04 - Marion
04 - Ingle Farm
02 - Para Hills
00 - Fitzroy
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 13, 2022 1:58 pm

BedgeBet value bets of the week:

SGM: Central United (-41.5), Darrell McIntyre 3+ goals, Jordan Perna-Hague 3+ goals @ $9.50

Rosewater v Brahma: Jaydn Gagliardi BOG @ $4.20

Multi: Central United > West Croydon > Rosewater > Ingle Farm @ $7.95

Highest Score: West Croydon $3.20
Lowest Score: Fitzroy $2.65
Most Goals in a Match: Rosewater & Brahma Lodge $4.00
Most Skill Errors: Para Hills & Ingle Farm $1.91
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Fri May 13, 2022 2:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:BedgeBet value bets of the week:

SGM: Central United (-41.5), Darrell McIntyre 3+ goals, Jordan Perna-Hague 3+ goals @ $9.50

You taking all these bets on Buddybet?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 13, 2022 2:40 pm

S Demon wrote:You taking all these bets on Buddybet?

Actually I downloaded it - still trying to work it out haha
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat May 14, 2022 7:30 pm

Horrible round for the tipsters :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby bubba love » Sun May 15, 2022 2:39 am

West Croydon doing pretty well for a side supposed to be in Div 5,
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby whufc » Mon May 16, 2022 8:42 am

S Demon wrote:
The Bedge wrote:BedgeBet value bets of the week:

You taking all these bets on Buddybet?

@thebedge

How do we make some money off these buddy bets...……….there has to be a way to turn this into massive profits. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby From50 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:03 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one who waits on the Bedge’s weekly article! Can we please get a specific time slot so we don’t have to keep checking?!

Well done to Marion on Saturday! We didn’t show up at all and they were all over everything and played to their game plan so well.
They have a healthy, young senior squad. Play their oval well and were just unbeatable on the day.
Love the setup there except for the soccer which gets a bit annoying with the whistle going every minute. How they get away with arguing with the refs is beyond me!
From50
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby From50 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 am

bubba love wrote:West Croydon doing pretty well for a side supposed to be in Div 5,

Well said after a 10 goal defeat.
From50
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Mon May 16, 2022 9:12 am

From50 wrote:I’m glad I’m not the only one who waits on the Bedge’s weekly article! Can we please get a specific time slot so we don’t have to keep checking?!

Well done to Marion on Saturday! We didn’t show up at all and they were all over everything and played to their game plan so well.
They have a healthy, young senior squad. Play their oval well and were just unbeatable on the day.
Love the setup there except for the soccer which gets a bit annoying with the whistle going every minute. How they get away with arguing with the refs is beyond me!

I love my soccer and I've played aussie rules, soccer, rugby and cricket all at senior level and no sport is on the same level for dissent as soccer, it has always been disgusting yet nothing is really done about it. At least the AFL/aussie rules is trying to have a crack at improvement before it gets to socceresque levels.
whufc
Coach

Postby From50 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:20 am

whufc wrote:
From50 wrote:I’m glad I’m not the only one who waits on the Bedge’s weekly article! Can we please get a specific time slot so we don’t have to keep checking?!

I love my soccer and I've played aussie rules, soccer, rugby and cricket all at senior level and no sport is on the same level for dissent as soccer, it has always been disgusting yet nothing is really done about it. At least the AFL/aussie rules is trying to have a crack at improvement before it gets to socceresque levels.

I could not believe my eyes!
But definitely worth a watch though. I remember the days when you could punch on in the saafl and just be carded. But the soccer still going strong I see
From50
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Mon May 16, 2022 9:25 am

From50 wrote:
whufc wrote:

I could not believe my eyes!
But definitely worth a watch though. I remember the days when you could punch on in the saafl and just be carded. But the soccer still going strong I see

Yeah the soccer is 10 years behind the amateur league football as far as moving into the modern era of strongly punishing non football incidents.

In saying that the SAASL is getting stronger every year with clubs just growing and growing.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 am

Doesn't seem many of the D6 games are being filmed this year - bit disappointing, have become used to being able to go back and watch games. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 16, 2022 9:58 am

Well we are officially a third of the way through the minor round - I must admit it feels like it's gone fairly quickly. At the moment Trinity OS still the clear stand out, but after the weekends results the challenger to their flag could come from any of 5 teams.

West Croydon looked the next closest but a 64 point loss to Marion came as a shock - the Rams deserving greater respect and consideration as a result.

Central United have started the season well, but then falling 2 goals short to the previously winless Fitzroy has them crashing back down to Earth.

Finally Rosewater who looked to have turned a corner fell short against Brahma Lodge by 23 points, coughing up a 15 point 3/4 time lead, and creating somewhat of a log-jam through the middle of the ladder.

On paper, Brahma and Marion appear to have the best defence which is super critical come finals, whilst West Croydon and Central United possess great firepower and ability to score heavily.

Para Hills unfortunately are in for a long season, similarly not much appears to separate Ingle Farm and Fitzroy by the numbers. Those three sides lack depth also, so could be a difficult middle of the season, and cant see any figuring in finals.

My gut feel is still that Rosewater is the dark horse, despite the weekend's result - but will rely heavily on maintaining their best 21 as often as possible.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby commercial » Mon May 16, 2022 10:47 am

portland game was over half way through the 3rd so i went and watched the rosewater game, plenty of names running around for rosewater but not many guys wanting to win a hard ball and chase an opponent, plenty of potential at rosewater and i agree if they can get it right will be a chance to hunt down a finals spot, but some real coach killing efforts in the 2nd half.
commercial
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 16, 2022 3:24 pm

commercial wrote:portland game was over half way through the 3rd so i went and watched the rosewater game, plenty of names running around for rosewater but not many guys wanting to win a hard ball and chase an opponent, plenty of potential at rosewater and i agree if they can get it right will be a chance to hunt down a finals spot, but some real coach killing efforts in the 2nd half.

Well I'd hope so, can't have nameless people running around, can we? ;) :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 16, 2022 3:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
commercial wrote:portland game was over half way through the 3rd so i went and watched the rosewater game, plenty of names running around for rosewater but not many guys wanting to win a hard ball and chase an opponent, plenty of potential at rosewater and i agree if they can get it right will be a chance to hunt down a finals spot, but some real coach killing efforts in the 2nd half.

Well I'd hope so, can't have nameless people running around, can we? ;) :lol:

Feature of the new PlayHQ just how many players can get on a field without a name!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 16, 2022 3:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Well I'd hope so, can't have nameless people running around, can we? ;) :lol:

Actually, on that, how come some players are listed on PLayHQ as "Player" and not their name? Is this because they choose not to make their profile public?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 16, 2022 3:26 pm

jo172 wrote:Feature of the new PlayHQ just how many players can get on a field without a name!

Lol snap!
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League