Re: AFL Round 9

Postby Armchair expert » Mon May 16, 2022 1:52 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Really need a key forward to replace Walker and a key back

Thilthorpe and Gollant

get rid of Fogarty Himmelberg

Fogarty has to go, how many chances does he get.

He needs to go back. Liam Jones style.

They tried that in the SANFL, didn't work

not athletic or mobile enough
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1407 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 17, 2022 9:50 pm

locky801 wrote:Gold Coast looking the goods here,

I rate that win as the best in their history. Freo are a seriously good side and they were rendered impotent by the Suns who played tough football in conditions meant for tough football. I'm not looking forward to Geelong's visit up here they will pump us. Stewie Dew is starting to look like a genius. I can't think of a more important player in the comp than Witts right now. A quality ruck moulds a pretty cohesive unit together.

Just wish it wasn't such a prick to get to Metricon from where I live.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1687 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Sharksta » Tue May 17, 2022 10:01 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

I rate that win as the best in their history. Freo are a seriously good side and they were rendered impotent by the Suns who played tough football in conditions meant for tough football. I'm not looking forward to Geelong's visit up here they will pump us. Stewie Dew is starting to look like a genius. I can't think of a more important player in the comp than Witts right now. A quality ruck moulds a pretty cohesive unit together.

regards,

REB
We might have to do a road trip REB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 475 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 17, 2022 10:05 pm

Sharksta wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB
We might have to do a road trip REB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate I'll be in that. Been too long since I've been to the footy. Suns not at home for the next three and don't think Darwin was what you had in mind.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 18, 2022 10:26 am

Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Are they? Geelong in Geelong is a good result, the win over Carlton in Perth when they lost Pittonet mid game is hard to gauge. Their wins over Adelaide, West Coast, GWS, North and Essendon aren't real guides, they've lost to St Kilda and Gold Coast.

I'm not convinced by them. Collingwood at home before Melbourne and Brisbane, I'll reasses in 3 weeks on them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 18, 2022 1:52 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Are they? Geelong in Geelong is a good result, the win over Carlton in Perth when they lost Pittonet mid game is hard to gauge. Their wins over Adelaide, West Coast, GWS, North and Essendon aren't real guides, they've lost to St Kilda and Gold Coast.

I'm not convinced by them. Collingwood at home before Melbourne and Brisbane, I'll reasses in 3 weeks on them.

They seem pretty well drilled but they don't appear to be a high scoring combination. Taberner, while not a gun is pretty vital to their structure. They've also got a bloke called Nathan Fyfe who I have heard can play a bit. Bring him back fit and firing and it's a decent midfield group, a good ruck set up and one of the best back sixes as they've got most of their first choice defenders back now. The weakness is up front but I think that they'll make the eight comfortably this season. They'll beat the Pies for a start.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

:shock:

regards,

REB

This was a great call by Booney, Fremantle been shown up for who they actually are, probably finish around 7th or 8th at best.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 522 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2022 8:52 am

Eagles2014 wrote:This was a great call by Booney, Fremantle been shown up for who they actually are, probably finish around 7th or 8th at best.

Conditions certainly played a part in yesterdays game so I'll wait and see what they dish up against Brisbane and Melbourne before I completely write them off but I reckon their bubble might have burst.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 23, 2022 9:03 am

It will be wet in Brisbane again this week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4189 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Mon May 23, 2022 9:21 am

Brodlach wrote:It will be wet in Brisbane again this week
Looks wet just about everywhere this week.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL