AFL media

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL media

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 17, 2022 4:26 pm

Bit weird having all his friends and family lined up on the ground for his 200th
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42668
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1893 times
Been liked: 2884 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Armchair expert » Tue May 17, 2022 5:37 pm

There is still heaps of things you can do to get back at someone just look at Joel Selwood and his antics.
Darcy Fogarty Fan Club Member
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6694
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 822 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: AFL media

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 17, 2022 5:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:Bit weird having all his friends and family lined up on the ground for his 200th

Yeah I found that odd. Its only his 200th not 400th.
It just screams...look at me!
Then they get pumped.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:34 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Bit weird having all his friends and family lined up on the ground for his 200th

Yeah I found that odd. Its only his 200th not 400th.
It just screams...look at me!
Then they get pumped.
I think he knows this will be his final season and he won’t get to another milestone
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL media

Postby Robran » Tue May 17, 2022 7:46 pm

Jim05 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Bit weird having all his friends and family lined up on the ground for his 200th

Yeah I found that odd. Its only his 200th not 400th.
It just screams...look at me!
Then they get pumped.
I think he knows this will be his final season and he won’t get to another milestone

Jim i have ridley in me dream team he doing me head in I've been waiting and waiting for him to blossom and he just ain't keep or chuck ??
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
User avatar
Robran
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:31 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 189 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:48 pm

Robran wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Bit weird having all his friends and family lined up on the ground for his 200th

Yeah I found that odd. Its only his 200th not 400th.
It just screams...look at me!
Then they get pumped.
I think he knows this will be his final season and he won’t get to another milestone

Jim i have ridley in me dream team he doing me head in I've been waiting and waiting for him to blossom and he just ain't keep or chuck ??
He has been the biggest loser in our defence woes. He is not having a great season and whilst I think he has enough quality to break out of his slump I’m not sure I’m keeping him in DT
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL media

Postby Spargo » Tue May 17, 2022 8:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:Bit weird having all his friends and family lined up on the ground for his 200th

I’ve never seen anything like it.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14296
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4585 times
Been liked: 4457 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: AFL media

Postby Armchair expert » Tue May 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Who is the next Essendon captain?

Ridley the obvious choice but is there anyone else capable?
Darcy Fogarty Fan Club Member
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6694
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 822 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: AFL media

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:39 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Who is the next Essendon captain?

Ridley the obvious choice but is there anyone else capable?
I think it will be Merrett
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL media

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 17, 2022 10:00 pm

The Bombers are obviously struggling but the Essendon pile on is bullshit, the week before it was North and it will be Adelaide's turn next. When a team puts in a clunker they owe the club, they owe the supporters and they owe the sponsors. To the media they owe nothing. The self indignant tone of Gary Lyon, Matthew Loyd and Mark Robinson this week is tiring in the extreme. Seriously, what a mob of ambulance chasers....only existing for someone to get the arse just so they can keep their jobs. Only marginally ahead of lawyers (and a long way ahead of politicians) for mine.

regards,

REB
Piglet Shield Premiers 2013 2021 -Join the Hogg Group code: 623573
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27523
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1500 times
Been liked: 1678 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 17, 2022 10:07 pm

Armchair expert wrote:There is still heaps of things you can do to get back at someone just look at Joel Selwood and his antics.


PMSL. Absolutely rent free. :D

regards,

REB
Piglet Shield Premiers 2013 2021 -Join the Hogg Group code: 623573
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27523
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1500 times
Been liked: 1678 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:45 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:The Bombers are obviously struggling but the Essendon pile on is bullshit, the week before it was North and it will be Adelaide's turn next. When a team puts in a clunker they owe the club, they owe the supporters and they owe the sponsors. To the media they owe nothing. The self indignant tone of Gary Lyon, Matthew Loyd and Mark Robinson this week is tiring in the extreme. Seriously, what a mob of ambulance chasers....only existing for someone to get the arse just so they can keep their jobs. Only marginally ahead of lawyers (and a long way ahead of politicians) for mine.

regards,

REB
Oh, we deserve it though. Members have been just as brutal on the club and how it is being ran.
Just a total failure on so many levels
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL media

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Mon May 23, 2022 9:48 am

AFL in a world of pain

The media/press won’t let on crowd figures (print the crowd numbers you clowns!) down as it doesn’t want to bite the hand that feeds it. Blind Freddy could see there were SFA at Adelaide Oval on Saturday night and other grounds around the country.

AFL force feed AFLW and then pump its chest out making AFLW the highest paying womens sport in Australia. I would love to get 100% pay rise when my workplace doesn’t make a dime.

Community Footy in a world of pain underneath the big fat cat. Players, volunteers and umpires in desperate need.

Good luck to the next CEO of the AFL. Gil might be jumping here before he is pushed. Crowds dwindling, people turning off and the game is not in a great state.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:54 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: AFL media

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 23, 2022 10:05 am

I don't think crowds are a huge issue coming out of the pandemic I think they have been ok. If they are low next year then there are some issues.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42668
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1893 times
Been liked: 2884 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2022 10:23 am

Under_Scrutiny wrote:AFL in a world of pain

The media/press won’t let on crowd figures (print the crowd numbers you clowns!) down as it doesn’t want to bite the hand that feeds it. Blind Freddy could see there were SFA at Adelaide Oval on Saturday night and other grounds around the country.

AFL force feed AFLW and then pump its chest out making AFLW the highest paying womens sport in Australia. I would love to get 100% pay rise when my workplace doesn’t make a dime.

Community Footy in a world of pain underneath the big fat cat. Players, volunteers and umpires in desperate need.

Good luck to the next CEO of the AFL. Gil might be jumping here before he is pushed. Crowds dwindling, people turning off and the game is not in a great state.


https://www.austadiums.com/sport/comp/afl/results
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6421 times
Been liked: 9518 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Armchair expert » Mon May 23, 2022 11:30 am

Memberships are up
TV viewership is good

No one wants to spend $XXX on tickets, parking, outrageous food prices

Everyone bought blowya Full HD LCD LED Curved TV's during lockdown

Not to mention cost of living pressures.


AFLW needs to play during Summer Monday-Friday at 7pm make it a TV game, I wont watch but its content for the TV Stations in a dud time.
Darcy Fogarty Fan Club Member
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6694
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 822 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: AFL media

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2022 11:46 am

Armchair expert wrote:Memberships are up
TV viewership is good
No one wants to spend $XXX on tickets, parking, outrageous food prices
Everyone bought blowya Full HD LCD LED Curved TV's during lockdown
Not to mention cost of living pressures.



I think all of this contributes as much as anything. While most commentators shit me to tears the game has been all about building the TV package for years, well now the TV package, particularly with big screens and HD, has become more attractive than going to the games for lots of people. The rolling fixture doesn't help planning of away games, either.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6421 times
Been liked: 9518 times

Re: AFL media

Postby DOC » Mon May 23, 2022 11:57 am

At least on TV you have some chance of working out what the free kick was for, arm wave, raised eyebrow, parenthood suggestion, protected zone, restricted zone, no go zone, foot not on boundary line, 666 worshiping, this weeks holding the ball interpretation etc.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon May 23, 2022 1:14 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Memberships are up
TV viewership is good

No one wants to spend $XXX on tickets, parking, outrageous food prices

Everyone bought blowya Full HD LCD LED Curved TV's during lockdown

Not to mention cost of living pressures.


AFLW needs to play during Summer Monday-Friday at 7pm make it a TV game, I wont watch but its content for the TV Stations in a dud time.


Don't often agree with you but spot on this time.

regards,

REB
Piglet Shield Premiers 2013 2021 -Join the Hogg Group code: 623573
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27523
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1500 times
Been liked: 1678 times

Re: AFL media

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:19 pm

Booney wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Memberships are up
TV viewership is good
No one wants to spend $XXX on tickets, parking, outrageous food prices
Everyone bought blowya Full HD LCD LED Curved TV's during lockdown
Not to mention cost of living pressures.



I think all of this contributes as much as anything. While most commentators shit me to tears the game has been all about building the TV package for years, well now the TV package, particularly with big screens and HD, has become more attractive than going to the games for lots of people. The rolling fixture doesn't help planning of away games, either.
Doesn’t help when your season is over by round 5. I’m not spending $1k + to go to Melbourne (on top of $2k memberships) to watch my team jog around half arsed with no effort.
Players don’t give a damn so why would supporters. What it does mean though is that I don’t even watch stuff all AFL anymore. Think I watched less than a quarter total for the weekend
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests