R7 Norwood v Centrals

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R7 Norwood v Centrals

Postby Big Phil » Tue May 24, 2022 12:22 pm

Brucetiki wrote: Is it a technical limitation, or something else keeping the old faithful scoreboard going?

Malcolm "Buy My Book" Ashwood would know. He runs the scoreboard ;)
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm

northerner wrote:Liked Tyson Richards game. He presents and is prepared to do the hard yards. 8 tackles from a key forward is a good return.
Overall our tackling pressure was very good, but the Ruck issue was a major problem with Boyd dominant. Also thought Rokhar was damaging.

We lack the polished footballer, not helped with quiet games from leaders such as T Schiller, Weaver and Grace.

Carpenter was the latest youngster to get a game at the Senior level; he has certainly grown over the last 12 months and is a solid likely looking prospect.
I reckon Lewis Cowham might be next in line for a league debut.

I'm a big fan of Tyson, have played alot of cricket against him and played with his old.....amazing family. Tyson goes alright but he is indicative of our issues (no fault of his own) but in football terms he is a midget trying to play as a key forward...………..186cm.

Is he every really going to be able to make it as a key forward at that height......you feel if he is ever going to be a gun league player its going to have to be as a half forward flanker type who can play 'tall'.

On that note we are such a small side..... based on the sides from Friday night Centrals 6 blokes under 180cm and only 4 blokes over 190cm. On the other hand Norwood did have 7 shorter types but also had 9 blokes over 190cm. We might have had a ruckmen had there been one available but that probably would have meant Buechner played at full back and Carpenter wouldn't have played.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby northerner » Tue May 24, 2022 1:09 pm

whufc wrote:
northerner wrote:Liked Tyson Richards game. He presents and is prepared to do the hard yards. 8 tackles from a key forward is a good return.
Overall our tackling pressure was very good, but the Ruck issue was a major problem with Boyd dominant. Also thought Rokhar was damaging.

We lack the polished footballer, not helped with quiet games from leaders such as T Schiller, Weaver and Grace.

Carpenter was the latest youngster to get a game at the Senior level; he has certainly grown over the last 12 months and is a solid likely looking prospect.

I'm a big fan of Tyson, have played alot of cricket against him and played with his old.....amazing family. Tyson goes alright but he is indicative of our issues (no fault of his own) but in football terms he is a midget trying to play as a key forward...………..186cm.

Is he every really going to be able to make it as a key forward at that height......you feel if he is ever going to be a gun league player its going to have to be as a half forward flanker type who can play 'tall'.

On that note we are such a small side..... based on the sides from Friday night Centrals 6 blokes under 180cm and only 4 blokes over 190cm. On the other hand Norwood did have 7 shorter types but also had 9 blokes over 190cm. We might have had a ruckmen had there been one available but that probably would have meant Buechner played at full back and Carpenter wouldn't have played.

Hmmmm.... um, I played against his grandfather... oh dear, pipe and slippers time
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Tue May 24, 2022 1:11 pm

northerner wrote:
whufc wrote:

Hmmmm.... um, I played against his grandfather... oh dear, pipe and slippers time

Im going to presume the grandfather was an extremely talented cricketer as well.....talent oozes through the family.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brucetiki » Tue May 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Brucetiki wrote: Is it a technical limitation, or something else keeping the old faithful scoreboard going?

Malcolm "Buy My Book" Ashwood would know. He runs the scoreboard ;)

I'm surprised there's no plugs to buy his book on the scoreboard - or the LED advertising boards for that matter :D
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL