Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Tue May 24, 2022 1:53 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Clive gets my vote, he's gonna save my house


Clive spent $90m to help Kelly come 4th in his own seat. Not a single candidate elected. The Australia public have overwhelmingly told Palmer to get back in his box. Now that is f*cking funny stuff. [emoji38]


I'm sure the creditors and workers of Queensland Nickel were watching on with interest

F***tard
His supporters have rallied and vigorously shot down this blatant attempt to discredit him as he has clearly paid them out and it's just MSN missinformation.

****, twitter really is a massive sespool.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14556
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1150 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby DOC » Tue May 24, 2022 3:50 pm

Thanks Apache
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 24, 2022 3:52 pm

Fluffbag wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Surely they can't make Dutton leader?
They'd only get one vote if that freak alien head was leader, surely?


I am looking forward to Mad As Hell coming back with Tosh Greenslade as Peter Dutton’s spokesperson

An ICAC, once established will end Duttons and others political careers.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby DOC » Tue May 24, 2022 3:56 pm

History would say that is unlikely.

All the state ICAC's are very ineffective.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 24, 2022 4:10 pm

DOC wrote:Thanks Apache

That’s a low blow
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41385
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3268 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue May 24, 2022 4:19 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Fluffbag wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Surely they can't make Dutton leader?
They'd only get one vote if that freak alien head was leader, surely?


I am looking forward to Mad As Hell coming back with Tosh Greenslade as Peter Dutton’s spokesperson

An ICAC, once established will end Duttons and others political careers.


Need to send a shiver up many (non-existent) spines

Allow them to retrospectively review.... say 22 years 8-[
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 583 times
Been liked: 878 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 24, 2022 6:41 pm

DOC wrote:History would say that is unlikely.

All the state ICAC's are very ineffective.

Federal ICAC will be far more tenacious.
More at stake, hence the libs not wanting one.

I'm talking ALL politicians not just scomos mob.
And again, Barnaby Joyce could be in all sorts.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby helicopterking » Tue May 24, 2022 7:42 pm

tigerpie wrote:
DOC wrote:History would say that is unlikely.

All the state ICAC's are very ineffective.

Federal ICAC will be far more tenacious.
More at stake, hence the libs not wanting one.

I'm talking ALL politicians not just scomos mob.
And again, Barnaby Joyce could be in all sorts.


If it ever goes ahead, Barnaby will end up in jail.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5620
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 294 times
Been liked: 661 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby DOC » Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm

The problem is not what they do it is how they do it.

Almost all ICAC's are run by lawyers.

They are neither trained nor competent investigators. I don't blame them. Not their job.

A law enforcement body needs to be staffed by professional law enforcement officers. Investigating crime is a dedicated skill. Almost no lawyer has this skill. They could and can be brought up to speed, but almost all if not all would believe they are above that level of competence. This view is shared by most people who appoint them as they do not understand the difference.

Many law enforcement officers become lawyers.

Can not recall any lawyer becoming a law enforcement officer.

Lawyers advise Investigators where evidence may be required in order to prove an element or elements of the offence in order to prove the offence.

Lawyers advise courts where evidence is lacking and has not proven an element or elements of an offence.

If the new Federal ICAC is set up properly, I will be astonished.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 25, 2022 12:15 am

For all his sins, the one thing Trump was correct about was: to “drains the swamp”
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 583 times
Been liked: 878 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 25, 2022 10:53 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:For all his sins, the one thing Trump was correct about was: to “drains the swamp”


Trump was the swamp.
User avatar
shoe boy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:58 pm
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 197 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Armchair expert » Wed May 25, 2022 10:55 am

shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:For all his sins, the one thing Trump was correct about was: to “drains the swamp”


Trump was the swamp.


Correct
Darcy Fogarty Fan Club Member
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6694
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 822 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby MW » Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 am

shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:For all his sins, the one thing Trump was correct about was: to “drains the swamp”


Trump is the swamp.


EFA
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11829
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2191 times
Been liked: 1566 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby am Bays » Thu May 26, 2022 1:35 pm

Both Labour and Coalition counts are closing in on of Clive's muppett in the Victorian Senate race.

I note the Arrente Women who is in the 3rd spot on the Liberal ticket in SA is ahead.

We need more aboriginal and torres strait islander representation in Canberra
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1442 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Dinglinga75 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:07 pm

Has ScoMo moved out of Kirribilli yet
Dinglinga75
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:48 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:08 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:Has ScoMo moved out of Kirribilli yet


Not his job mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6421 times
Been liked: 9518 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:27 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:Has ScoMo moved out of Kirribilli yet


Yes
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:12 am

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:Clive spent $90m to help Kelly come 4th in his own seat. Not a single candidate elected. The Australia public have overwhelmingly told Palmer to get back in his box. Now that is f*cking funny stuff. [emoji38]


I'm sure the creditors and workers of Queensland Nickel were watching on with interest

F***tard


F*** his acolyte Babet (dodgy realestate agent from Victoria) has got up

Google him :shock: , the nicest thing you can say about him is that he adds to the diversity of the parliament.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1442 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:56 pm

am Bays wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:Clive spent $90m to help Kelly come 4th in his own seat. Not a single candidate elected. The Australia public have overwhelmingly told Palmer to get back in his box. Now that is f*cking funny stuff. [emoji38]


I'm sure the creditors and workers of Queensland Nickel were watching on with interest

F***tard


F*** his acolyte Babet (dodgy realestate agent from Victoria) has got up

Google him :shock: , the nicest thing you can say about him is that he adds to the diversity of the parliament.


Not surprising in Sicktoria.
You only need to look at the weirdos in the state parliament
Victoria the "Taking the pi$$" state
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 583 times
Been liked: 878 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests