Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed May 25, 2022 10:36 am

Booney wrote:Just read a series of tweets where a Dad tells of his kindergarten kid being in a class with a rotating seating plan.

To cut it short, because it makes me physically ill, kids get moved from the front to the back and vice versa as they basically take turns being the first to be killed if something happens. :(

Yet they still send their kids to school??
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Booney » Wed May 25, 2022 10:39 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Just read a series of tweets where a Dad tells of his kindergarten kid being in a class with a rotating seating plan.

To cut it short, because it makes me physically ill, kids get moved from the front to the back and vice versa as they basically take turns being the first to be killed if something happens. :(

Surely not??

100%
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby MW » Wed May 25, 2022 1:02 pm

they wont even pass a law to have background checks on buying firearms
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed May 25, 2022 2:49 pm

19 children and 2 teachers now confirmed deceased.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 25, 2022 2:53 pm

Sounds like they were lucky it wasn’t more.

Horrid, absolutely horrid.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 25, 2022 2:53 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:19 children and 2 teachers now confirmed deceased.

So bloody sad. :(

Ooooonly in America!

Steve Kerr takes aim at governors protecting their power.. i'm now waiting for "Steve Kerr dies in freak accident"
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 25, 2022 2:57 pm

Biden also had a crack too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby am Bays » Wed May 25, 2022 3:01 pm

Brodlach wrote:Biden also had a crack too

But Steve Kerr is biased, his father died in a "gun accident".....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGOP99Hp2VI

Democrats senator Chris Murphy FINALLY standing up and demanding change in the US.

Joe Biden has also doubled down on gun control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rsYH5OMPbg
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby DOC » Wed May 25, 2022 7:54 pm

If only the kids were armed....

JOIN US FOR THE 151ST
NRA ANNUAL MEETINGS & EXHIBITS
IN HOUSTON, TX OVER
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!
The 2022 Annual Meetings & Exhibits will take place at the George R. Brown Convention Center May 27-29 in Houston, Texas. The Exhibit Hall is open all three days and will showcase over 14 acres of the latest guns and gear from the most popular companies in the Industry. From entertainment to special events, it’s all happening in Houston over Memorial Day weekend. Make plans now to join fellow Second Amendment patriots for a freedom-filled weekend for the entire family as we celebrate Freedom, Firearms, and the Second Amendment!

A powerhouse lineup of political speakers. The women’s event of the year. A Saturday night concert like no other. The largest gathering of NRA members and Second Amendment supporters in the country. Highly anticipated fundraising events featuring top brand giveaways. Fabulous breakfasts, luncheons, and dinners. With so many events spread out over four exciting days, there truly is something for everyone to experience.

From our premier ticketed events to free seminars, workshops, and the annual Meeting of Members – where our youngest and oldest members are recognized – you won’t want to miss a minute. And there’s a pretty good chance you’ll run across a celebrity or two as well.

GET TICKETS NOW
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby stan » Wed May 25, 2022 9:24 pm

This is just too ****** up to be true, that's probably what makes it true though.

That's just too ****** up.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed May 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Yep....Image
stan
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed May 25, 2022 10:34 pm

Background checks is a start, however it’s no where near a solution. Freedom isn’t going to school and having plans in place in case someone comes to shoot the joint up. FMD why would you put your young family through that sort of shit if you knowingly are told that goes on? Imagine living in a country that storms the White House over fears of losing your own freedoms in a ******* pandemic however then their citizens and politicians then sit back and do **** all when sending their kids to go to school for 14 years of their lives to be potential shooting targets….

As a new Father I just shake my head.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Wed May 25, 2022 11:30 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Background checks is a start, however it’s no where near a solution. Freedom isn’t going to school and having plans in place in case someone comes to shoot the joint up. FMD why would you put your young family through that sort of shit if you knowingly are told that goes on? Imagine living in a country that storms the White House over fears of losing your own freedoms in a ******* pandemic however then their citizens and politicians then sit back and do **** all when sending their kids to go to school for 14 years of their lives to be potential shooting targets….

Deep issues in the US, the fact that they have people willing to do this is the heart of the issue.

Why so much hatred that you would gun down children?

This fact means that they'll never learn or be able to stop these from happening, gun control and background checks will be part of it but the hatred and fear needs to be addressed.

In the short term, they simply have to deploy armed guards to schools, there's just too many guns out there with people who are willing to do these things.

Obviously this doesn't fix anything but in the short term you need to keep kids safe.
Because whether it's Columbine or Sandy Hook, the US haven't done nothing to address these issues.

And that's ******* sad.
stan
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 26, 2022 7:14 am

I 100% love the fact we have the gun laws we have here and would never ever want to see that changed. America is ****** and the fact they cant see that the guns are causing such large scale tragedies is beyond belief.

I will say though there definitely is the discussion to be had about the societal behaviour that is causing these tragedies. I'm not a gun don't shoot people person but it cant be lost that someone was that ****** up in the head that they had got to a point they thought killing school children was an answer to something. Like I mean I'm not the most stable guy on the planet but geez I've never thought about taking another person life neverminded lots of young lives.

I'm not sure taking the guns away is a one stop answer, if you have the mentality that killing 14 students is ok im not sure a couple of laws or a bit of difficult getting a gun is going to stop you doing something tragic. It might stop the scale of tragedy which is a good thing but im not sure its going to stop that person doing something pretty bad in one form or another.

The health system in America equally needs to be changed alongside the gun laws if they are truly going to put an end to these types of incidents.

Australia is truly the lucky country, I love this place.
Last edited by whufc on Thu May 26, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Thu May 26, 2022 7:15 am

stan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Background checks is a start, however it’s no where near a solution. Freedom isn’t going to school and having plans in place in case someone comes to shoot the joint up. FMD why would you put your young family through that sort of shit if you knowingly are told that goes on? Imagine living in a country that storms the White House over fears of losing your own freedoms in a ******* pandemic however then their citizens and politicians then sit back and do **** all when sending their kids to go to school for 14 years of their lives to be potential shooting targets….

Deep issues in the US, the fact that they have people willing to do this is the heart of the issue.

Why so much hatred that you would gun down children?

This fact means that they'll never learn or be able to stop these from happening, gun control and background checks will be part of it but the hatred and fear needs to be addressed.

In the short term, they simply have to deploy armed guards to schools, there's just too many guns out there with people who are willing to do these things.

Obviously this doesn't fix anything but in the short term you need to keep kids safe.
Because whether it's Columbine or Sandy Hook, the US haven't done nothing to address these issues.

And that's ******* sad.

Well said, I wrote my post and then read yours which is exactly my sentiments.
whufc
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:12 am

DOC wrote:If only the kids were armed....

JOIN US FOR THE 151ST
IN HOUSTON, TX OVER
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!
The 2022 Annual Meetings & Exhibits will take place at the George R. Brown Convention Center May 27-29 in Houston, Texas. The Exhibit Hall is open all three days and will showcase over 14 acres of the latest guns and gear from the most popular companies in the Industry. From entertainment to special events, it’s all happening in Houston over Memorial Day weekend. Make plans now to join fellow Second Amendment patriots for a freedom-filled weekend for the entire family as we celebrate Freedom, Firearms, and the Second Amendment!

A powerhouse lineup of political speakers. The women’s event of the year. A Saturday night concert like no other. The largest gathering of NRA members and Second Amendment supporters in the country. Highly anticipated fundraising events featuring top brand giveaways. Fabulous breakfasts, luncheons, and dinners. With so many events spread out over four exciting days, there truly is something for everyone to experience.

From our premier ticketed events to free seminars, workshops, and the annual Meeting of Members – where our youngest and oldest members are recognized – you won’t want to miss a minute. And there’s a pretty good chance you’ll run across a celebrity or two as well.

GET TICKETS NOW

"Freedom" = the potential of 10yo kids getting rounded up in a school with a mass shooter, like a fox in a chicken coop.

Gee they have some odd logic that lot.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 am

gadj1976 wrote:
DOC wrote:If only the kids were armed....

JOIN US FOR THE 151ST
IN HOUSTON, TX OVER
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

GET TICKETS NOW

"Freedom" = the potential of 10yo kids getting rounded up in a school with a mass shooter, like a fox in a chicken coop.

Gee they have some odd logic that lot.

Reading the statement from the NRA made me more angry than ive been in a very long time.

Apparently there going to 're-double' there efforts to prevent shootings in schools :evil: :evil: :evil: What a load of shit............!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 26, 2022 9:36 am

Watched a retired FBI guy last night say if they stopped selling guns and ammunition today and recreational shooters and hunters kept using ammunition at the rate they do now with all the ammunition held in private stocks they would run out of bullets in around 30 years time.

There's 300 million Americans, there's 500 million guns.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby am Bays » Thu May 26, 2022 9:42 am

I'm glad John Howard did what he did in 1996

Mind you I'm sure Keating would've done the same if he was still PM
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion