6%
Rosewater
12%
Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby MoP » Thu May 26, 2022 12:40 pm

rooman wrote:In my idle time I thought that I would accumulate the top goal scorers as inputted to Play HQ.

There are number of instances were there are no goalkickers recorded, including Marion, Central United, West Croydon, Para Hills for 1 match each.
There are also other instances where that are not enough goal kickers or too many based on the final score.

So allowing for those instances the top 5 after 7 rounds

25 - Luke Woodcock (WC)
20 - Shane Catterall (R)
19 - Pat O'Dea (M)
18 - Daniel Weetra (PH)
18 - Jordan Perna-hague (CU)

Is there a 'leaderboard' in PlayHQ, or have you had to go through every game of every round individually??
MoP
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 26, 2022 1:00 pm

MoP wrote:
rooman wrote:In my idle time I thought that I would accumulate the top goal scorers as inputted to Play HQ.

There are number of instances were there are no goalkickers recorded, including Marion, Central United, West Croydon, Para Hills for 1 match each.
There are also other instances where that are not enough goal kickers or too many based on the final score.

So allowing for those instances the top 5 after 7 rounds

25 - Luke Woodcock (WC)
20 - Shane Catterall (R)
19 - Pat O'Dea (M)
18 - Daniel Weetra (PH)
18 - Jordan Perna-hague (CU)

Is there a 'leaderboard' in PlayHQ, or have you had to go through every game of every round individually??

The latter
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 27, 2022 3:37 pm

i discovered this the other day.

What a pain in the arse to do
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat May 28, 2022 9:24 pm

Congrats to Fitzroy in both grades today, too quick, too slick, too good for Ingle Farm.

It’s really opened up the race from 5-9 now and an interesting back 9 to come.

Cheers to Lulu & the Roy’s folk for the hospitality.. also great atmosphere, good day for their club with their function going on, the smell of the food wafting through was amaaaaaaazing.

Ingle Farm with two weeks off now before Trinity.. bye coming at the right time.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2022 10:51 am

Ladder after Round 8
14 - Trinity OS
10 - West Croydon
10 - Marion
08 - Brahma Lodge
07 - Central United

---------------------------
05 - Rosewater
04 - Ingle Farm
04 - Fitzroy
02 - Para Hills

Round 9
Rosewater v Fitzroy
West Croydon v Trinity OS
Brahma Lodge v Central United
Para Hills v Marion
Ingle Farm - Bye.

Well round 8 was interesting - Ingle Farm butchered an opportunity to stay within striking distance of the 5 and create separation from the bottom 2. Now find themselves precariously placed heading into the back half. Rest of the results went pretty well to script, Trinity with almost double scoring shots to Central United but only a 40pt margin was a good outcome for Units, Para Hills continue to face a spiral decline and gave Brahma a healthy percentage booster, whilst Marion had their second tough encounter in a row, staving off Rosewater to run away 20pt winners.

The fitness of Marion shouldn't be underestimated - it's consecutive weeks they've gone into 3/4 time basically level with the opposition and then blown them away in the last.

If Fitzroy can maintain a similar side this week, then an upset over Rosewater could be on the cards as well - Ingle Farm will be praying for a Bulldogs win though.

This weekends match of the round will be West Croydon v Trinity - potential for a grand final preview, will be interesting to see how the Hawks stack up in this clash.. whilst the other match to watch closely will be Brahma and Units in the local derby.. Units can head into the mid-season bye in the top 4, and incredible effort from the side coming up a grade.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Any truth to the rumour Brahma have moved on their A grade coach? Player driven?

Seems the tail wags the dog.

Matty Jones to return?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:Any truth to the rumour Brahma have moved on their A grade coach? Player driven?

Seems the tail wags the dog.

Matty Jones to return?

Would coincide with Matty's FB post about offers he's had.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2022 4:48 pm

Oh in other news.. apparently I owe Central United an apology after they lost to Fitzroy :roll:

The comment(s) in question:

The Bedge wrote:Central United have started the season well, but then falling 2 goals short to the previously winless Fitzroy has them crashing back down to Earth. Good to see Eastern Park recruit Scott Webber return to form with 3 goals though.

apology 1.PNG
apology 1.PNG (53.87 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 30, 2022 5:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Out of all your posts on this site that first sentence causes the biggest response. :lol:

I mean the second sentence you were being a tad cheeky but you've gone BANG alot harder than any of that before :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 30, 2022 6:16 pm

Wasn’t an intended crack full stop - was part of this original post :lol:

The Bedge wrote:Well we are officially a third of the way through the minor round - I must admit it feels like it's gone fairly quickly. At the moment Trinity OS still the clear stand out, but after the weekends results the challenger to their flag could come from any of 5 teams.

West Croydon looked the next closest but a 64 point loss to Marion came as a shock - the Rams deserving greater respect and consideration as a result.

Central United have started the season well, but then falling 2 goals short to the previously winless Fitzroy has them crashing back down to Earth.

Finally Rosewater who looked to have turned a corner fell short against Brahma Lodge by 23 points, coughing up a 15 point 3/4 time lead, and creating somewhat of a log-jam through the middle of the ladder.

On paper, Brahma and Marion appear to have the best defence which is super critical come finals, whilst West Croydon and Central United possess great firepower and ability to score heavily.

Para Hills unfortunately are in for a long season, similarly not much appears to separate Ingle Farm and Fitzroy by the numbers. Those three sides lack depth also, so could be a difficult middle of the season, and cant see any figuring in finals.

My gut feel is still that Rosewater is the dark horse, despite the weekend's result - but will rely heavily on maintaining their best 21 as often as possible.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Observer55 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:05 am

Interesting watch in the Tossers and Units game, few boys may be looking for something else to do over the next few weeks
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Burner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:15 am

Observer55 wrote:Interesting watch in the Tossers and Units game, few boys may be looking for something else to do over the next few weeks

Suspensions?
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:59 pm

Observer55 wrote:Interesting watch in the Tossers and Units game, few boys may be looking for something else to do over the next few weeks

What minute are we looking at? Wouldn’t mind having a little look at what you’re talking about
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:15 pm

Sticks28 wrote:

What minute are we looking at? Wouldn’t mind having a little look at what you’re talking about

I got shown something at19:27 (how come first qtr only goes for 15 min?)
It appears TOS #3 gives CU #7 a tap in the guts, CU #35 comes in and gives TOS #3 a bump, TOS #3 goes down as if he has been taken out by a sniper, gets straight up
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:

It appears TOS #3 gives CU #7 a tap in the guts, CU #35 comes in and gives TOS #3 a bump, TOS #3 goes down as if he has been taken out by a sniper, gets straight up

Just quietly, I giggled when the big 52 ran over to shove him and ended up hurting his hand :lol:

.. but really is anyone surprised by TOS taking cheap shots then crying victim on retaliation? ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby redyellow&blue » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:

Just quietly, I giggled when the big 52 ran over to shove him and ended up hurting his hand :lol:

.. but really is anyone surprised by TOS taking cheap shots then crying victim on retaliation? ;)

They've Been like that for years now. Kinda sad really.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:20 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:They've Been like that for years now. Kinda sad really.

Exactly.. I would hazard a guess, majority of "major" D6 incidents over the past 8yrs would have Trinity involved as the opponent.

Ultimate kings at provoking and having the opposition retaliate and get busted.

At least they got rid of the cheating goal umpire :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Observer55 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:32 pm

Sticks28 wrote:

about 19:30ish
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Hurambe » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Exactly.. I would hazard a guess, majority of "major" D6 incidents over the past 8yrs would have Trinity involved as the opponent.

Shock... Bedge commenting on something he has no idea about.

Trinity are an easy target because they actually play football. Their structure and game plan are far more advanced and instead of trying to beat them at footy, teams resort to roughing them up.

Maybe other Div 6 teams should bring in some new talent like trinity has instead of just recycling old div 6 has beens from the struggling club down the road.
Hurambe
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:53 pm

Hurambe wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Shock... Bedge commenting on something he has no idea about.

Trinity are an easy target because they actually play football. Their structure and game plan are far more advanced and instead of trying to beat them at footy, teams resort to roughing them up.

Maybe other Div 6 teams should bring in some new talent like trinity has instead of just recycling old div 6 has beens from the struggling club down the road.

Hey, can you correct your team please, you're definitely not one of ours :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League