Rosewater
12%
Trinity OS
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby FastButters » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:08 pm

The Bedge wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:They've Been like that for years now. Kinda sad really.

Exactly.. I would hazard a guess, majority of "major" D6 incidents over the past 8yrs would have Trinity involved as the opponent.

Ultimate kings at provoking and having the opposition retaliate and get busted.

At least they got rid of the cheating goal umpire :P

No need to be jealous brother, just work on making sure your team doesn’t get embarrassed again on the home deck, especially after the off season you promoted. Best thing at your club is your siren.
FastButters
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:16 pm

Hurambe wrote:Shock... Bedge commenting on something he has no idea about.

Trinity are an easy target because they actually play football. Their structure and game plan are far more advanced and instead of trying to beat them at footy, teams resort to roughing them up.

Maybe other Div 6 teams should bring in some new talent like trinity has instead of just recycling old div 6 has beens from the struggling club down the road.

I know what my eyes see - and on that video if the Trinity player doesn’t hit the Units guy in the gut off the ball then old mate doesn’t retaliate.

Not sure that’s “actually playing footy” or the opposition just “trying to roughen up” ;)

Trinity play good footy, no doubt about it.. they’re well drilled, fit and structured - but they have also always been antagonists. Fact. 8)
Last edited by The Bedge on Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:18 pm

FastButters wrote:No need to be jealous brother, just work on making sure your team doesn’t get embarrassed again on the home deck, especially after the off season you promoted. Best thing at your club is your siren.

Off season I promoted?
Last edited by The Bedge on Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:30 pm

p.s if you were so well advanced you would’ve taken the offer to go D5, instead of peacocking around D6 “being roughened up”. ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:p.s if you were so well advanced you would’ve taken the offer to go D5, instead of peacocking around D6 “being roughened up”. ;)

When I grow up I want to be The Bedge :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Burner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:p.s if you were so well advanced you would’ve taken the offer to go D5, instead of peacocking around D6 “being roughened up”. ;)

And then to have the nerve to take potshots at Blackfriars for taking the offer to move up while they were too afraid. :lol:
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:41 am

Yank Man wrote:

When I grow up I want to be The Bedge :D

You're only human
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Hurambe » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:43 pm

Again, commenting on something you have no knowledge about.

Why is Trinity the bad guy in all this, why dont you shit can West Croydon?? They begged to come down.. just to reload with players and sit second on the ladder, will play finals, will likely play in a GF. And i suppose to a nuff like yourself thats good management on their behalf...

Lets be honest if Trinity went to 5s you would be saying they dont deserve to be there and they were gifted promotion.
No matter what they do you would find a way to shit can them.

I wouldnt really comment on any teams position when your own club is staring down the barrel of div 7 and havent looked like improving for years. Blessing in disguise Para Hills have shit the bed for you. F
Hurambe
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Exactly.. I would hazard a guess, majority of "major" D6 incidents over the past 8yrs would have Trinity involved as the opponent.

So drop every time an antagonist delivers a cheap shot then, and try and win a free.

Since Jesus played FB for the Bethlehem 2nds, retaliators are always caught, so why bother? If the umpire is silly enough to pay a free kick for your academy performance, then you get on the front foot and antagonise. A little rub of the head, pat on the back, few words in the ear and see how calm they remain.

You're out there to win by any means necessary, I say. Play it smarter.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:07 pm

Hurambe wrote:Why is Trinity the bad guy in all this, why dont you shit can West Croydon?? They begged to come down.. just to reload with players and sit second on the ladder, will play finals, will likely play in a GF. And i suppose to a nuff like yourself thats good management on their behalf..

Page 2 of this thread has my thoughts on the WC situation, but hey what ever makes you sleep better at night.

This all started because you got your knickers in a knot over me suggesting that Trinity are involved in a majority of the incidents in D6 in recent years.. In fact your reply was "commenting on something he has no idea about" - well I did do some homework going back a few years - 16x players have been suspended for striking against Trinity OS, average of 5 players per year.

That aside, I've never ragged on your clubs ability to actually play football - or the grade you play - I couldn't care less if you were in D5 or D6.. but you're the one who bragged on here that your football program is "far more advanced". Perhaps some humility wouldn't go astray.. you say shit like that and then get all emotional when someone says something back. :roll:

Trinity forever the victim.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:21 pm

Hurambe wrote:I wouldnt really comment on any teams position when your own club is staring down the barrel of div 7 and havent looked like improving for years.

Just quietly, at a guess I would think A grade success is pretty similar over the past 10yrs between Trinity and Ingle Farm.

Although Ingle Farm have clearly struggled the past few years, where as TOS have participated more regularly in finals.

Anyway, I’m over this discussion. We can agree to disagree. Good luck.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby From50 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:38 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:[/ quote]

They've Been like that for years now. Kinda sad really.

Yep.
From50
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:39 am

I have coached against Trinity plenty of times over the last 10 years and Bedge is on point 100% correct, Trinity instigate majority of any altercations that I have seen and have been informed by from opposition coaches to be wary of it. I will say though its up to the players how they respond and try not to be sucked in, which at times can be difficult in the heat of the moment.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:19 pm

Arch44 wrote:I have coached against Trinity plenty of times over the last 10 years and Bedge is on point 100% correct, Trinity instigate majority of any altercations that I have seen and have been informed by from opposition coaches to be wary of it. I will say though its up to the players how they respond and try not to be sucked in, which at times can be difficult in the heat of the moment.

Spot on. The TOSSERs are easily the most feral old scholars club in SAAFL.
Agree with some that I hope the Div 6 2022 doesn't come from WC or TOS as both clubs chose the easy option. Unfortunately I think one of them will be premiers.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:42 pm

Why is TOS going through the charade of naming Matters when he hasnt fronted the tribunal yet?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby From50 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Arch44 wrote:I have coached against Trinity plenty of times over the last 10 years and Bedge is on point 100% correct, Trinity instigate majority of any altercations that I have seen and have been informed by from opposition coaches to be wary of it. I will say though its up to the players how they respond and try not to be sucked in, which at times can be difficult in the heat of the moment.

Agree with some that I hope the Div 6 2022 doesn't come from WC or TOS as both clubs chose the easy option. Unfortunately I think one of them will be premiers.

Wc easy option? Nothing easy about what our situation was but easy to assume these days.
From50
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times

Postby Hector » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:42 pm

From50 wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:

Wc easy option? Nothing easy about what our situation was but easy to assume these days.

WC voluntarily dropped a grade. Have a look at div 5, a few clubs struggling. Off field it looks like WC doing a lot of good things. Why not do the good things in Div 5, beat the other strugglers and be in a better position for 2023?

I'll take a WC premiership over TOS though
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby carey » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:10 pm

100% agree.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Arch44 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Add another one to the list from the weekend.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:29 pm

Arch44 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Add another one to the list from the weekend.

Yeah, I heard Reecy got 4 weeks
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League