Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Feeling like preparing my "Parent of the Year" speech.

I worked my Saturday out to pretty much to the minute, cancelled all of my usual commitments to try and enjoy life for a bit instead of merely just existing and working.

Lad gets home from training last night and says "I'm playing A's again, I'm starting on the HBF", I should've been more supportive than I was.

I don't play cricket anymore because I umpire a few games of footy every Saturday during the winter so I like to have my own leisure time during summer, he decided to play cricket this season so my Saturday's were consumed all summer, now it appears as though my whole Saturday's will be for the remainder of the winter, and I'll have to resign from an umpire coaching role that I have.

Selfish much, yes, I'm getting older and don't do a lot so I was looking forward to getting a rare afternoon and evening to let loose.

I feel ya mate...…….im forever fighting this battle of being the best possible parent I can be but also having some me time which benefits my own mental health. Its very fine lines and everyone seems to have an opinion from the outside.

In a good position where im playing footy on Saturday but daughter number 2 is also loving playing netball for the same club so we are enjoying Saturdays at the sport together. I realise that wont last forever though so just enjoying the moments I have now.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:10 am

My advice, prioritise you and your well being LM. Junior isn't playing grass hoppers mate, he's playing A grade footy, if you're there to watch him then that's great but you've done a mountain of work to get him to this age, to this level, he can cope without you. Would he miss you? He would. Would you miss watching him? You would. Would you both cope if you chose to look after yourself? I bet he'd love it if you did.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 am

I worked my Saturday out to pretty much to the minute, cancelled all of my usual commitments to try and enjoy life for a bit instead of merely just existing and working.

Lad gets home from training last night and says "I'm playing A's again, I'm starting on the HBF", I should've been more supportive than I was.

I don't play cricket anymore because I umpire a few games of footy every Saturday during the winter so I like to have my own leisure time during summer, he decided to play cricket this season so my Saturday's were consumed all summer, now it appears as though my whole Saturday's will be for the remainder of the winter, and I'll have to resign from an umpire coaching role that I have.

Selfish much, yes, I'm getting older and don't do a lot so I was looking forward to getting a rare afternoon and evening to let loose.

I keep telling myself, "I won't get this time with my kid(s) back". So enjoy mate. Others aren't so lucky.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:23 am

gadj1976 wrote:

I keep telling myself, "I won't get this time with my kid(s) back". So enjoy mate. Others aren't so lucky.

Here's me saying look after yourself knowing if my lad was playing Beer League baseball tomorrow I'd be there watching. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:42 am

Booney wrote:My advice, prioritise you and your well being LM. Junior isn't playing grass hoppers mate, he's playing A grade footy, if you're there to watch him then that's great but you've done a mountain of work to get him to this age, to this level, he can cope without you. Would he miss you? He would. Would you miss watching him? You would. Would you both cope if you chose to look after yourself? I bet he'd love it if you did.

Yeah mate, sound advice.

They're playing the top side so it will be a tough game, if he was older I would be fine with going about what I had planned, I feel that I have duty of care to be there, if his mum was going I'd be fine to miss it, she didn't even go and watch his debut match, her partner doesn't allow her to go anywhere where I might be and she will not reply to a text if he is home, I only ever message her if it's about the kids and of great importance.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:45 am

gadj1976 wrote:

Yeah mate, you and I putt on the same greens, it's just the son and I living together, we have a pretty solid relationship and he knows my expectations so he does his best to not have the vein in my forehead pop out. I value what I have while I've got it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:45 am

Booney wrote:
Here's me saying look after yourself knowing if my lad was playing Beer League baseball tomorrow I'd be there watching. :lol:

If he had has P's it would be a game changer, I could get on the gas and get a lift home.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:15 pm

If you have time to watch 130 episodes of Shameless in 3 months you have plenty of time to watch your kids play sport and also go to the pub. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:If you have time to watch 130 episodes of Shameless in 3 months you have plenty of time to watch your kids play sport and also go to the pub. ;)

Ha, watched most of them during the week or lazing Sunday morning.

Saturday afternoons are what I look forward to from Monday morning onwards, it's my turn as the punter at the pub this week, I was last week too and managed to win enough to carry the torch again, hopefully I get a 3rd turn.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:34 pm

Firing squad for anyone that asks for anything to be "freshly cut" at the deli section. Just get the stuff in the cabinet like the rest of us!
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Vamos » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:45 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Firing squad for anyone that asks for anything to be "freshly cut" at the deli section. Just get the stuff in the cabinet like the rest of us!

My boy works in the deli section, he would agree. What about the chatty checkout operators who hold up the lines, there's 2 at Coles Pt Adelaide I avoid like the plague. I'm all for your standard pleasantries and a bit of chat but not at the expense of stopping the production line.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:03 pm

Vamos wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Firing squad for anyone that asks for anything to be "freshly cut" at the deli section. Just get the stuff in the cabinet like the rest of us!

My boy works in the deli section, he would agree. What about the chatty checkout operators who hold up the lines, there's 2 at Coles Pt Adelaide I avoid like the plague. I'm all for your standard pleasantries and a bit of chat but not at the expense of stopping the production line.

Unless they've got big norks
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Vamos » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:23 am

Pseudo wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Goes without saying, still in the queue :lol:
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:14 pm

Vamos wrote:

Same with duty free on the way back in when you're trying to beat 2,000 other passengers to the front door.

Did you have a nice flight? :evil:
No! **** off and do your job
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:16 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Same with duty free on the way back in when you're trying to beat 2,000 other passengers to the front door.

Did you have a nice flight? :evil:
No! **** off and do your job

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:18 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Vamos wrote:

The ladies at my coles at plympton have massive norks!
They’re about 70 years old though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:21 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Vamos wrote:

And?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:24 pm

They have gravel rash
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Anne?

EFA
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Vamos wrote:

And?

I’m getting a bit fussy in my old age!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion