North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:34 am

Booney wrote:North are copping it, some would say rightly so, I had a look last night at who they have played in the first 11 rounds, they've played the top 8 sides and Port who are a game out of the 8, no wonder the average losing margin is so high.

So they're about to mount their run?

Realistically, they'd only be able to beat West Coast atm, and that is only if it is Melbourne.

I'm not one to sink the boots into any other club but their recruiting has been absymal for some time, there hasn't been too many success stories recently, Aaron Hall has been a shining light since moving down there and Jaidyn Stephenson could well be an A Grader at some stage.

I thought they should've worked harder to keep Braydon Preuss, the club is just treading water atm and I can't see anything changing in a hurry, they're not in a rebuild and they're not in the window, there are a couple of kids that I rate though, Luke McDonald looks an impressive operator.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:46 am

I read that as
Lightning McQueen wrote:Realistically, they'd only be able to beat West Croydon atm, and that is only if it is Melbourne.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:North are copping it, some would say rightly so, I had a look last night at who they have played in the first 11 rounds, they've played the top 8 sides and Port who are a game out of the 8, no wonder the average losing margin is so high.

Realistically, they'd only be able to beat West Coast atm, and that is only if it is Melbourne.

I'm not one to sink the boots into any other club but their recruiting has been absymal for some time, there hasn't been too many success stories recently, Aaron Hall has been a shining light since moving down there and Jaidyn Stephenson could well be an A Grader at some stage.

I thought they should've worked harder to keep Braydon Preuss, the club is just treading water atm and I can't see anything changing in a hurry, they're not in a rebuild and they're not in the window, there are a couple of kids that I rate though, Luke McDonald looks an impressive operator.

Aaron Hall gets the ball but is the laziest footballer I have ever watched when his not given an outside receive.

Some of his defensive efforts this season whilst playing in the backlines were as bad as ive ever seen. There was one absolute horrendous one against the swans that made Dylan Shiels effort earlier this year look great.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:58 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Aaron Hall gets the ball but is the laziest footballer I have ever watched when his not given an outside receive.

Some of his defensive efforts this season whilst playing in the backlines were as bad as ive ever seen. There was one absolute horrendous one against the swans that made Dylan Shiels effort earlier this year look great.

Admittedly I don't get to watch many of their games and the radio doesn't paint the best picture.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't think they needed to of kept Pruess. They have Terri and Goldstein who is still going.

They have some good young players and a crop to work with.

There has been lost talked about JHF but he will probably stay. If not they can cash in for a high pick and maybe a senior player.

Tom Powell looks good as well.
Simpkin is only 24 as well.
Davis Unickle (spelling?) Looks ok, just needs some help there.
Thomas looks good.
Scott as well looks a good player.

The problem is senior players.
McDonald is good, Anderson tries and is ok, Ziebell is coming to the end and really they miss Cunnington massively.
Hall is good but lacks defensive efforts.

They are In a clear rebuild but have cleaned out massively to do it. It's a long one but if they hang on to there young players and just keep building, then they will get there I think.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:43 pm

I don’t watch much footy these days but do North have any genuine A graders?
It’s the problem we had at Carlton for the last 5-6 years as we had plenty of B and even B+ graders but not genuine A graders.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Admittedly I don't get to watch many of their games and the radio doesn't paint the best picture.

I only kept a close eye because I had him in my fantasy teams at the start of the year...…..was great for them :lol:

My god though he was an absolute coach killer.

Loves to spray a teammate when he doesn't get the ball as well despite being the laziest bloke on the park.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:29 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Admittedly I don't get to watch many of their games and the radio doesn't paint the best picture.

I only kept a close eye because I had him in my fantasy .

EFA
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:57 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I don’t watch much footy these days but do North have any genuine A graders?
It’s the problem we had at Carlton for the last 5-6 years as we had plenty of B and even B+ graders but not genuine A graders.
At the moment I would say no, However they have some young players on there list that look capable of getting to that point.

I think there young crop is good, plenty to look forward to but they have committed to the long rebuild here.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:57 am

North Melbourne’s prized Pick 1 Jason Horne-Francis has turned heads after an unusual social media act, liking a mock trade post by 7AFL that involved the young star getting traded to Port Adelaide.
Attachments
Good lad .jpg
Good lad .jpg (135.1 KiB) Viewed 503 times
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:04 am

Would you be happy with that trade Booney?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:11 am

Brodlach wrote:Would you be happy with that trade Booney?

No.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:20 am

7 touches last week and now this. Next step he will pull out for personal reasons.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:23 am

MW wrote:7 touches last week and now this. Next step he will pull out for personal reasons*.

Same.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:31 am

Personally I haven’t seen enough of him at AFL or SANFL level, is he worth that much?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:32 am

Brodlach wrote:Personally I haven’t seen enough of him at AFL or SANFL level, is he worth that much?

To me he'll be very similar to Danger when his career is finished which to be fair is a f..king good career!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:38 am

MW wrote:7 touches last week and now this. Next step he will pull out for personal reasons.

15 disposals according to AFL website.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:41 am

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Personally I haven’t seen enough of him at AFL or SANFL level, is he worth that much?

To me he'll be very similar to Danger when his career is finished which to be fair is a f..king good career!

Well, definitely worth the picks then.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:43 am

Geez booney boak can't go on forever.
Your midfield and with wines and jhf would be great around the stoppage.
Butters might want to go back to Melbourne anyway.
However, going to north would be a tough sell!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:45 am

tigerpie wrote:Geez booney boak can't go on forever.
Your midfield and with wines and jhf would be great around the stoppage.
Butters might want to go back to Melbourne anyway.
However, going to north would be a tough sell!

That's the bottom line, we, or Adelaide, would have to convince a player of top quality to go to North in a trade.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL