R9 Eagles v South

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R9 Eagles v South

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:46 pm

goddy11 wrote:
DOC wrote:Kid you not.

No hot water in changerooms.

You didn't try to get in the shower with the players, did you . :)

I'm the soaper.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby ferret » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:38 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Dutchy wrote:They really need to do some drainage work on Woody Oval, was there a month ago and it was squelchy after 2mm of rain, there are hollow patches that are now the mud pits as the water can't get off the oval, barring the cricket pitches every other oval is fine

Seems rather ironic that the ground got lights given the oval's a mess and the visitors coaches box (that got moved into a couple of old corporate boxes in the Jarman stand) is a joke.

Surely those two things should've been addressed first before the luxury of lights.

You proffer a load of bullshit "Brucetiki". The ground got lights because it was a joint venture between the cricket club and the football club, a stand alone application would not have succeeded. The grants had to be a joint venture for lights not oval drainage. Drainage of the oval I would think would be a council responsibility.
For 32 years I have watched the Eagles play at Woodville Oval and have considered the surface to be one of the best of the local SANFL grounds. The three other matches were played on Saturday, but another one & half inches of rain had fallen by the time the Eagles and Panthers played on Sunday. BOM stats said that the first week of June had received the most amount of rain in 102 years, this just might have contributed to the boggy conditions, it would have been interesting see how the other ovals coped if their matches were played on the Sunday. Adelaide Oval excepted with their multi million dollar drainage system.

The opposition coaches box WAS NOT moved in to old corporate boxes. The old corporate boxes were completely gutted and removed and a brand new modern up to date coaches box was built with a magnificent view, it would be the envy of most other opposition coaches boxes at other grounds.
The move originally happened to separate the two teams coaching staff when COVID protocols were implemented.

Your propaganda and slurs are not worthy of this forum.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:59 pm

For 32 years I have watched the Eagles play at Woodville Oval ...

The Eagles didn't commence playing there until 1993, did they?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:09 pm

Pseudo wrote:

The Eagles have been playing Woodville there since the 60s!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:55 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Played one game there in late '92.

AFAIK 1991 is the only season since 1963 that no league matches were played at Woodville.

Torrens would have played there most years between 1964 and 1990.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Brucetiki » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:14 pm

ferret wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
Dutchy wrote:They really need to do some drainage work on Woody Oval, was there a month ago and it was squelchy after 2mm of rain, there are hollow patches that are now the mud pits as the water can't get off the oval, barring the cricket pitches every other oval is fine

Seems rather ironic that the ground got lights given the oval's a mess and the visitors coaches box (that got moved into a couple of old corporate boxes in the Jarman stand) is a joke.

Surely those two things should've been addressed first before the luxury of lights.

You proffer a load of bullshit "Brucetiki". The ground got lights because it was a joint venture between the cricket club and the football club, a stand alone application would not have succeeded. The grants had to be a joint venture for lights not oval drainage. Drainage of the oval I would think would be a council responsibility.
For 32 years I have watched the Eagles play at Woodville Oval and have considered the surface to be one of the best of the local SANFL grounds. The three other matches were played on Saturday, but another one & half inches of rain had fallen by the time the Eagles and Panthers played on Sunday. BOM stats said that the first week of June had received the most amount of rain in 102 years, this just might have contributed to the boggy conditions, it would have been interesting see how the other ovals coped if their matches were played on the Sunday. Adelaide Oval excepted with their multi million dollar drainage system.

The opposition coaches box WAS NOT moved in to old corporate boxes. The old corporate boxes were completely gutted and removed and a brand new modern up to date coaches box was built with a magnificent view, it would be the envy of most other opposition coaches boxes at other grounds.
The move originally happened to separate the two teams coaching staff when COVID protocols were implemented.

How about the reports of no hot water in the visitors rooms?
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:56 pm

ferret wrote:Your propaganda and slurs are not worthy of this forum.

I’m still recovering from this call ^
Next level stuff :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:57 pm

The oppo coaches boxes aren't in an ideal position but hardly a huge issue, they have done a good job with the lights.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:01 am

Brucetiki wrote:
ferret wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:

How about the reports of no hot water in the visitors rooms?

I heard they had stopped serving Jam Fancies!
The sheer horror!!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby ferret » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:43 am

Dutchy wrote:The oppo coaches boxes aren't in an ideal position but hardly a huge issue, they have done a good job with the lights.

I've been in the new opposition coaches box, it has a great uninterrupted view of the oval, a lot, lot better than what opp. coaches get at Noarlunga and Elizabeth. It's just not an issue.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby whybother » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:43 am

But surely the lack of jam fancies is a major issue.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Eagles Nest » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:05 pm

ferret wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The oppo coaches boxes aren't in an ideal position but hardly a huge issue, they have done a good job with the lights.

I've been in the new opposition coaches box, it has a great uninterrupted view of the oval, a lot, lot better than what opp. coaches get at Noarlunga and Elizabeth. It's just not an issue.

Agree Wimpy.
Opposition coaching staff sit in an open sided truck at Noarlunga ffs.
Hardly SANFL standard but it doesn't stop the Eagles from winning there
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:40 pm

Think you will find it is a box on scaffolding now at Noarlunga
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby southee » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:05 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:
ferret wrote:

Agree Wimpy.

Absolute crap ! They sit in the grandstand.

Stop making crap up and turn on your hot water !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Eagles Nest » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 pm

southee wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:
ferret wrote:

Agree Wimpy.

Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Columbo » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:06 pm

southee wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:
ferret wrote:

Agree Wimpy.

Has this changed since the trial games earlier in the year Southee??
Champion Data were using what was the opposition coaches box and there was a scaffold with a coaches box on it to the left of the race.

As for the showers, it was mentioned by Jimmy Toumpas on the radio last night that plumbers were out investigating the issue yesterday.
I did wonder if the hot water ran out after the 2's players hit the showers and tried to avert their hypothermia, some very cold boys out there Sunday.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL