Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Corona Man » Tue May 31, 2022 8:25 pm

cracka wrote:Finally joined the club today. Son tested positive on Friday & me today. I'm looking on the positive side of things that we've got it this week & not next. Heading to Alice Springs next week for the Finke Desert Race. Just hope the wife gets it before Friday or she's not going.

Yep, with you Cracka old mate. I’ve got Singapore and Sri Lanka in a week or so..I can’t catch this shit over there now..
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1273 times
Been liked: 3459 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:56 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Many of the contracts finish June 30th and the workers are yet to hear if they will be renewed. My bet is most, if not all, testing stations close at that point

Wow, I hope you’re not correct
Do you think we will all have to rely on RATS from then? :shock:

Two of the managers from sites

RATs are totally unreliable
If it wasn't for the anti Scomo campaign, we wouldn't be relying on them at all.
Every state health dept said they were unreliable but the Labor governments (and their million online trolls) belted Scomo about not ordering enough (because only he has the government's order book and credit card).

Mrs Jimmy tested positive on a RAT - did a PCR and tested positive - then 2 days later did another RAT and that showed her negative.
She used a different testing kit and it also showed her negative so she did another PCR which came back positive.

The PCR is the only reliable test. If they shut down free PCR testing then this has turned into a bigger farce than it already is.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:10 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
If it wasn't for the anti Scomo campaign, we wouldn't be relying on them at all.
Every state health dept said they were unreliable but the Labor governments (and their million online trolls) belted Scomo about not ordering enough (because only he has the government's order book and credit card).

Mrs Jimmy tested positive on a RAT - did a PCR and tested positive - then 2 days later did another RAT and that showed her negative.
She used a different testing kit and it also showed her negative so she did another PCR which came back positive.

The PCR is the only reliable test. If they shut down free PCR testing then this has turned into a bigger farce than it already is.

Do people still test?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Do people still test?

I do.
It's really going to rip if people dont.
But good point: there is a large degree of fatigue out there.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:44 am

The fog of war begins to clear
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:09 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:The fog of war begins to clear

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... e29b6f8549
Does look like an interesting read but it is paywalled, could you put the text in here so we can have a read.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Spargo » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:14 am

stan wrote:

Does look like an interesting read but it is paywalled, could you put the text in here so we can have a read.

FFS Jimmy, just buy everyone on here a subscription & be done with it…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5454 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:20 am

Spargo wrote:
stan wrote:

I can't believe you haven't worked it out yet, Jimmy is a Murdoch.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
stan wrote:

Sarah?
:heart: :heart:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
stan wrote:

Murdoch's wish they had Jimmy's money.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:59 am

Here you go (I could edit it & none of you cheapskates would know 8) )

Managed to dodge Covid? UniSA Professor Adrian Esterman explains some of the possible reasons

Why do some people manage to dodge Covid, despite being exposed to the virus through close contact with infected family or friends? An Adelaide scientist explains.

Clare Peddie
Science Writer
2 min read
June 7, 2022 - 8:00PM

AstraZeneca CEO Pascal Soriot has been honoured with knighthood as part of the Queen's Birthday Honours. Mr Soriot, who holds Australian citizenship, is being rewarded for spearheading the first COVID-19 vaccine.

If you have escaped Covid infection so far, despite exposure as a close contact, consider yourself lucky. But that luck could soon run out, scientists say.

UniSA biostatistics and epidemiology Professor Adrian Esterman says scientists all over the world are trying to work out why some people catch Covid while others don’t.

“It’s likely that some people have quite strong immune systems and others don’t,” he said. “That’s the simple answer. We really don’t know much more than that. It’s a lottery.”

The booster shot helps to prevent infection for a few months, but that protection wanes over time, Prof Esterman said. Fortunately the booster appears to provide longer lasting protection against severe disease, so those who do catch Covid are less likely to die or suffer severe complications.

People who are younger, fitter and healthier may have stronger immune systems that are better able to fight off an infection, though there are always exceptions.

And then some people may benefit from recent exposure to a similar virus that provides a level of cross-protection.

“You have people who are living with family members with Covid-19 and never get it, they share the same bed even and they still don’t get it,” Prof Esterman said.

Or they may have had Covid without knowing it, experiencing very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, he said.

Anyone who is concerned that they may be suffering some of the long-term consequences of Covid infection, without having ever tested positive to Covid, can ask their GP for a blood test. Serology checks for antibodies against the virus and can tell the difference between antibodies produced following infection and those from vaccination.

Prof Esterman is concerned about the prospect of a new variant “as bad as Delta or worse and as transmissible as Omicron” emerging before the next generation of vaccines become available.

In the meantime, he strongly advocates for the use of masks in public places and is adamant that the booster shot is essential. Anything less is worse than a lottery, it’s playing Russian roulette.

“At the moment, the third shot for most people is sufficient, it gives reasonably good protection against serious illness and death for many, many months, we‘re talking about eight months or longer,” he said.

“So for the moment it’s not considered worthwhile giving a fourth dose to most people because it wouldn’t give them that much added protection.”

He said some of the big vaccine manufacturers would soon be bringing out “second generation vaccines”, including Moderna’s bivalent vaccine designed to stimulate a response to both the original Wuhan strain and the more highly transmissible variant Omicron.

“When these become available, and they almost certainly will be available later on this year, then I think it will be worthwhile vaccinating everyone else with that fourth shot,” he said.

Booney blows goats - I have proof

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Dirty dog » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:01 pm

Me not vaccinated haven’t had it.
Wife fully vaccinated and is a registered nurse and around it every day hasn’t had it.
Daughter not vaccinated and goes to the biggest school outside Adelaide and works at McDonald’s 3 times a week hasn’t had it.

Are we lucky or good immune system?
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:31 pm

Now lets combine the admissions in the Advertiser piece with those in this piece

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-09/moderna-omicron-specific-vaccine-shows-promising-results/101138372

First of all, these jabs should not be called a vaccine.
Show me one real vaccine:
1. That allows such a high rate of infection
2. Who's effectiveness only last 3 months

But, of course, they know this: that's why they changed the definition of "vaccine" to try to include this gear thinking no-one would notice.

You have been told that you need the boosters because of the new variants however that is not the case at all.

Only now are they admitting two things:
1. The effectiveness of the jab wanes over 3 months to the point that you need a "booster"
2. The boosters contain the same ingredients as the original jab - made for the original Wuhan strain

The narrative has consistently been that you need the boosters because of these mutated strains BUT they give you the same ingredients as the one you had first? Seriously? People believe this $hit?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:31 pm

Trust the experts they say

Well, after 2 years of censorship, some of the experts are now being allowed to comment

https://www.newsweek.com/why-america-doesnt-trust-cdc-opinion-1713145
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:32 pm

Get jabbed if you want to, don't get jabbed if you don't want to. Move on with life, it's too short.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:42 pm

Wedgie wrote:Get jabbed if you want to, don't get jabbed if you don't want to. Move on with life, it's too short.

Totally agree. I've never said don't get it

My beef is being lied to
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby JohnnyDog » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:54 pm

They are not vaccines as such as they have not been properly tested with different groups placebos random trials.
People i know have had their boosters and guess what most of them all have had great dose of the virus and knocked them out for a bit.
Also on a side note read some where the Astrazeneca contains a strand/molecule what ever you want to call it of monkey virus.

Who knows what these mad scientists are doing.
JohnnyDog

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby locky801 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:08 pm

had my booster shot today, more so because of work protocols, do what you have to do to keep the beer money coming in ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:50 pm

locky801 wrote:had my booster shot today, more so because of work protocols, do what you have to do to keep the beer money coming in ;)

I must admit, I am not sure what I would have done had it been mandatory for me.
We're lucky at our age - we have a choice.
I wouldn't want to be in my 20's - 40's having to make that decision
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:29 pm

- Victoria Park 24/7 testing site will close on July 1 and move to Edwards Park and operate from 9am to 10:30pm.
- Mask mandate scrapped at Adelaide Airport from tomorrow.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion