R11 Port v Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:56 pm

Correct JohnnyDog, they use the "PA" shield logo that the club were only planning to use in 2020 for their 150th, but have now decided to use permanently. No separate Power or Magpie logos any more, and teal is now on the SANFL prison bar jumper.
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby Dogs64 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:02 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Traditional rivals, should be a beauty.


shit stirrer :

Meetings total 414
Norwood Football Club 199 wins
Port Adelaide Football Club 198 wins
Drawn 17 times

EFA



Gazza Gazza what are you doing im being pedantic but traditional rivals yes against the Port Adelaide Magpies up until 2013.

From 2014 Norwood has been playing against the Power reserves so this is now a new rivalry also i have heard at games that the Magpie emblem has been mothballed and is no longer worn on their guernsey can any one confirm this please.
[/quote]
It has been replaced by the traditional MG logo. Imagine the "stink" they would have created if they were made to get rid of it. Steve Sommerton, would be happy, though not quite the flags being taken down.
Dogs64
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby JohnnyDog » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:08 pm

Thanks Dogs 64.
JohnnyDog
Member
 
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 25, 2022 11:23 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:17 pm

Norwood 8.1(49)
Power reserves 4.5(29)

Half time

Legs by 20 points
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.


Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.


THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5065
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 1005 times
Been liked: 402 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby another grub » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:32 pm

Port not up to it
User avatar
another grub
Coach
 
Posts: 9141
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 am
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Norwood +38 possessions and + 22 tackles. Port don’t care
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1442 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:09 pm

Norwood 10.2(62)
Power reserves 7.8(50)

3/4 time

Legs by 12 points
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.


Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.


THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5065
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 1005 times
Been liked: 402 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:20 pm

CK and PG you idiots. SANFL should drop them for next week if you can’t watch the game properly.

Did you watch the umpire after the perfect holding the ball decision at the 3 min mark of the last. Contact was first on the upper arm and the port player lifted his arm to initiate high contact. As he ran into set the mark the umpire was indicating the Port player had raised the arm to make it look high.

Great umpiring, shite commentating.

Edit

Just replayed the free, first contact DEFINATELY below the shoulder.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1442 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:27 pm

Port have lifted though approx plus 20 in possessions and + 10 in tackles since my above post.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1442 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby another grub » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:34 pm

Sack Lokan
User avatar
another grub
Coach
 
Posts: 9141
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 am
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby RB » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:37 pm

another grub wrote:Sack Lokan


Probably one for the trivia buffs: can anyone recall the last time a reserves coach was sacked? I'm stumped.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 840 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby locky801 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:42 pm

Jimbo will be on the gas tonight

Essendon win, Norwood win, life is good :partyman: :drinkers:
my team stagnant and on the road to nowhere
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
Posts: 50280
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: working all around Australia and loving it
Has liked: 2563 times
Been liked: 818 times

R11 Port v Norwood

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:49 pm

locky801 wrote:Jimbo will be on the gas tonight

Essendon win, Norwood win, life is good :partyman: :drinkers:
Haven’t paid much attention to the game today as I am at
Thebby for the U18’s but looks like a comfortable enough win.
Stats obviously don’t tell the whole story but it looks like Motlop was easily Ports best despite all the flak he cops
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:02 pm

RB wrote:
another grub wrote:Sack Lokan


Probably one for the trivia buffs: can anyone recall the last time a reserves coach was sacked? I'm stumped.


Wayne Slattery at South
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby Vamos » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:11 pm

DOC wrote:
RB wrote:
another grub wrote:Sack Lokan


Probably one for the trivia buffs: can anyone recall the last time a reserves coach was sacked? I'm stumped.


Wayne Slattery at South


So the saying is true, Slattery gets you nowhere.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:55 am
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 149 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby Booney » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:15 pm

am Bays wrote:CK and PG you idiots. SANFL should drop them for next week if you can’t watch the game properly.

Did you watch the umpire after the perfect holding the ball decision at the 3 min mark of the last. Contact was first on the upper arm and the port player lifted his arm to initiate high contact. As he ran into set the mark the umpire was indicating the Port player had raised the arm to make it look high.

Great umpiring, shite commentating.

Edit

Just replayed the free, first contact DEFINATELY below the shoulder.


Fairly passionate comment for a bystander, not sure they're idiots.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6421 times
Been liked: 9518 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:18 pm

DOC wrote:
RB wrote:
another grub wrote:Sack Lokan


Probably one for the trivia buffs: can anyone recall the last time a reserves coach was sacked? I'm stumped.


Wayne Slattery at South
I work with Slatts and have reminded him of that achievement a number of times :)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby locky801 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
DOC wrote:
RB wrote:
another grub wrote:Sack Lokan


Probably one for the trivia buffs: can anyone recall the last time a reserves coach was sacked? I'm stumped.


Wayne Slattery at South
I work with Slatts and have reminded him of that achievement a number of times :)


Nice bloke Slatts, spent many a Saturday night drinking with him when he was in Rooster land
my team stagnant and on the road to nowhere
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
Posts: 50280
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: working all around Australia and loving it
Has liked: 2563 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:CK and PG you idiots. SANFL should drop them for next week if you can’t watch the game properly.

Did you watch the umpire after the perfect holding the ball decision at the 3 min mark of the last. Contact was first on the upper arm and the port player lifted his arm to initiate high contact. As he ran into set the mark the umpire was indicating the Port player had raised the arm to make it look high.

Great umpiring, shite commentating.

Edit

Just replayed the free, first contact DEFINATELY below the shoulder.


Fairly passionate comment for a bystander, not sure they're idiots.


This happens at AFL level too so they're no orphans but unless you've been living under a rock mate, their are issues with community umpiring recruitment and retention.

I'm all for objective commentary when there are issues with umpiring but to go on about it for a full minute when they are wrong doesn't paint the SANFL or themselves in a good light when the umpire has been correct in his decision, has signalled to the crowd his decisions and provided an explanation.

As commentators before you go off about umpiring at least understand the laws and watch the umpires after a decisions as by and large they signal explanations for frees like that.

Commentators going off half cocked when the umpire is right is worse than AFL paying free kicks for hands out., IMO.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1442 times

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Postby Booney » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:00 pm

Fair point, umpires never f*ck it up, nor should commentators hey?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6421 times
Been liked: 9518 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests