PLAY HQ

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: PLAY HQ

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:11 pm

Arch44 wrote:Adelaide footy league scrapping PLAY HQ at the end of the season?

From my understanding I dont think that will happen with the feedback from the committee meeting Monday night
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:12 pm

From the feedback from Monday nights meeting, I dont think this will be happening
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:

So they should, it's a ******* joke.

Can't wait for cricket season. :roll:
Why is it a joke Bedge? Not trying to be a smart ass, just interested in what the problems you've had with it are?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:54 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

So they should, it's a ******* joke.

Can't wait for cricket season. :roll:
Why is it a joke Bedge? Not trying to be a smart ass, just interested in what the problems you've had with it are?

Well it's probably not a joke, might be harsh.. :lol:

Not a fan of the interface
I also find looking at results etc. fiddly, you have to search / drill down to find the matches you're after.
Can't 'save' favorites, or shortcuts to your preferred sides outside your own registered organisations.
No/Limited report running capability.
Permit setup feels twisted and not straight forward.

With cricket, no capability for historical data to be entered, no player/team statistics available initially.

Sportingpulse i liked that you could view a division and view stats like goal kickers etc, and to go between games generally they were listed at the top of the screen and just needed to click to the next game to be able to look at that result.

I don't mind PlayHQ on my mobile phone for looking over results on a Saturday evening, but add in junior footy or whatever it starts getting annoying. If i want to view Jnr games for Ingle Farm it's "SANFL Juniors > Ingle Farm > select season > select team.. then if you open a fixture, and go back, you don't go back to the list of Ingle Farm junior teams, but the list of SANFL junior grades, and so all over again you start.

I don't like that player history seems to be lacking for a number of people - makes it hard to find out history of players, perhaps work out player points etc... and i actually cant stand how people can register and not enter capital letters for proper nouns :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:28 pm

Has its faults but in 12 months it will be good. It’s improved a lot since it’s inception
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Sass! » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 pm

Brodlach wrote:Has its faults but in 12 months it will be good. It’s improved a lot since it’s inception

Agree with this statement. We've seen more enhancements in 6 months than we saw from GameDay in years. Admittedly it had some issues to resolve but it shows that the investment is occuring to bring it up to speed.

Anyone that has been through a change management process for an IT system knows that the biggest challenge is getting people on board with something that doest feel as familiar to what they previously had access to. Even if the outcome is the same, people dont like to change the process to get there.

It will take time, but i think it has already driven some positive changes such as player transfers being initiated when the player registers, as opposed to this being driven by the club.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby MoP » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:15 pm

Sass! wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Has its faults but in 12 months it will be good. It’s improved a lot since it’s inception

Agree with this statement. We've seen more enhancements in 6 months than we saw from GameDay in years. Admittedly it had some issues to resolve but it shows that the investment is occuring to bring it up to speed.

Anyone that has been through a change management process for an IT system knows that the biggest challenge is getting people on board with something that doest feel as familiar to what they previously had access to. Even if the outcome is the same, people dont like to change the process to get there.

It will take time, but i think it has already driven some positive changes such as player transfers being initiated when the player registers, as opposed to this being driven by the club.

I think the problem, though, Sass, is that the outcome isn't the same. PlayHQ doesn't even give the same service as before, let alone better service. People are happy to change for an improvement, but not for backward steps.
MoP

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 pm

I agree with Sass. All I'm hearing is much of the same we heard from some club officials when the league moved away from I-Score to the SportsTG/GameDay system. The PlayHQ people were timely and helpful with direct communications from clubs with some of the issues we had in the lead up to the season and seem to continue to be responsive to issues that leagues have raised since the season commenced. I remain confident that some of the issues that still need to be addressed are being identified and progressing and by this time next season there will be very few complaints.

In my opinion an urgent fix needs to be somehow stopping the old GameDay system from still picking up on some of the match data etc. which is still confusing alot of our players and supporters who don't realise that we have switched to PlayHQ. I'm not sure how data entered into PlayHQ is being captured by GameDay and in the case of Google often comes up as the first hit when people search for SAAFL results or similar.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm

Sass! wrote:

Sass, I work in IT and in change/business analysis specifically and I always refer to the term "WIIFM" in this type of situation.

When a computer system changes and I'm impacted as an end user - which I am with PlayHQ, I ask the question "What's In It For Me"?

If the new system makes my life harder, then I'm not going to embrace it. If it makes my life harder for the short term whilst its being implemented but the longer term benefits are going to make it easier for me, then I'm going to embrace it.

If they haven't told us what the longer term benefits are, then it's difficult to give it a go without being concerned about what the benefits or detractions are.

Communicating the benefits of the new system is paramount to winning over your users - however in this type of situation where we haven't got any choice but to use it, it means they can do whatever they want.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Sass! » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:36 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Sass! wrote:

Sass, I work in IT and in change/business analysis specifically and I always refer to the term "WIIFM" in this type of situation.

When a computer system changes and I'm impacted as an end user - which I am with PlayHQ, I ask the question "What's In It For Me"?

If the new system makes my life harder, then I'm not going to embrace it. If it makes my life harder for the short term whilst its being implemented but the longer term benefits are going to make it easier for me, then I'm going to embrace it.

If they haven't told us what the longer term benefits are, then it's difficult to give it a go without being concerned about what the benefits or detractions are.

Communicating the benefits of the new system is paramount to winning over your users - however in this type of situation where we haven't got any choice but to use it, it means they can do whatever they want.

Yep, agree on that mate. A roadmap showing us where we are heading with this system and what updates are coming will give people some hope and help them manage their internal stakeholders (e.g. my cranky team managers).

From an interface and intuition perspective, i think its a better system than what we had, but agree we have lost some functionality which feels like a step backwards. I am happy to deal with that if the roadmap says we will get that back and then some!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Where can you see goal kickers leaderboard for each grade. Can’t see anything
Nowhere, I believe it will be available in the next few weeks
Did they ever figure out how to do this?
I cant find it anywhere?..
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby rooman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:13 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Where can you see goal kickers leaderboard for each grade. Can’t see anything

Here is the link to the Adelaide Footy league list for all goal kickers up to the end of round 9
https://www.adelaidefooty.com.au/post/2 ... er-round-9
rooman
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby locky801 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:46 pm

rooman wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Here is the link to the Adelaide Footy league list for all goal kickers up to the end of round 9
https://www.adelaidefooty.com.au/post/2 ... er-round-9

You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3655 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:51 pm

Surely the Div 3 reserves and Div 5 is a stuff up name wise?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby rooman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:31 pm

DOC wrote:Surely the Div 3 reserves and Div 5 is a stuff up name wise?

I did not look at div3 res but div 5 is definitely not correct
rooman
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:35 pm

Any goal kicking tally updates?
Embarrassing really that it isn’t functioning yet.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:15 am

reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:39 am

Is anybody else having trouble logging into PLayHQ for any competition at the moment ?
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 241 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:12 am

I am straight in
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:59 am

Ok thanks it must be my server because i cant get into anything
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 241 times