Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:48 pm

the smokey wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:I hear a whisper from a mate who knows someone from TTG that Nick Winter may be heading back there?

Your whisper was correct. Announced over Socials on the weekend. Big get for them. Be interesting to see if any other ex-TTG players follow him back!

Brazel apparently returning also.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:45 pm

Port Adelaide announce another signing. 6 in total so far. How many recruits is too many for a team? At what point does it throw out the balance and leave existing players disgruntled??
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:36 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
the smokey wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:I hear a whisper from a mate who knows someone from TTG that Nick Winter may be heading back there?

Your whisper was correct. Announced over Socials on the weekend. Big get for them. Be interesting to see if any other ex-TTG players follow him back!

I had heard that may have been on the cards as well. He would be earmarked as their future captain. I also heard both him and Winter have been unhappy with the culture at Uni as well - especially the abuse that's dished out to opposition players by some of their players and then playing the victim card when they cop it back.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:17 am

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
the smokey wrote:

I had heard that may have been on the cards as well. He would be earmarked as their future captain. I also heard both him and Winter have been unhappy with the culture at Uni as well - especially the abuse that's dished out to opposition players by some of their players and then playing the victim card when they cop it back.

Heard the same, their captain is the worst at that :shock: Heard Uni losing quite a few, be ironical if they miss the top 6 next year and end up in Div 2!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby the star » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:49 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Port Adelaide announce another signing. 6 in total so far. How many recruits is too many for a team? At what point does it throw out the balance and leave existing players disgruntled??

If the whispers I’ve heard are true will be 7 when Manenti is announced
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Slowleftarm » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:11 am

How do the trials for the U12 Chappell-Whitty academy work??
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby The Hound » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:14 am

wedgetail wrote:Erik Carrington's disappointing year at Adelaide has seen him return to West Torrens. Hopefully he has learnt from the experience and has come back a more mature player.

I wonder what parameters the club has put on after leaving the nest.
Eagles 2014 hope he didn't burn to many bridges when he left.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 am

The Hound wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Erik Carrington's disappointing year at Adelaide has seen him return to West Torrens. Hopefully he has learnt from the experience and has come back a more mature player.

I wonder what parameters the club has put on after leaving the nest.
Eagles 2014 hope he didn't burn to many bridges when he left.

All his mates play at WT, so not surprised.

His Dad was the issue, typical father that thinks their son should be playing for the Redbacks.

Think he has distanced himself from his Dad and just wants to enjoy his cricket and play with his mates, think he will be a different player now. Was always a likeable lad and got on well with the players, just very immature and did some things his teammates were not impressed with, like not turning up or rocking up hungover.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby the star » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 pm

the star wrote:
cokadonkeytoo wrote:Port Adelaide announce another signing. 6 in total so far. How many recruits is too many for a team? At what point does it throw out the balance and leave existing players disgruntled??

Will be 8 if the above comes through, another signing announced. Surely some unsettling amongst the grades and other players ready to be poached/leave?
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Aerie » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:05 pm

Lots of spots up for grabs for The Redbacks looks to have drawn lots of interstate hopefuls to Grade Cricket?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Salad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:21 pm

the star wrote:
the star wrote:

Will be 8 if the above comes through, another signing announced. Surely some unsettling amongst the grades and other players ready to be poached/leave?

Hoffman, Malikzai, Wood, Valente, Massey, Calder, Manenti, who’s the 8th?
Salad
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Salad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Obviously hate this div 1 div 2 decision by SACA, but geez we’re seeing some heavy recruiting, already expect the level of grade cricket to improve massively next season.
Salad
Mini-League

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:57 pm

Salad wrote:Obviously hate this div 1 div 2 decision by SACA, but geez we’re seeing some heavy recruiting, already expect the level of grade cricket to improve massively next season.

Would expect the divide between top and bottom be even greater. Prospect, Southerns etc will fall further behind :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Salad » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:00 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Salad wrote:Obviously hate this div 1 div 2 decision by SACA, but geez we’re seeing some heavy recruiting, already expect the level of grade cricket to improve massively next season.

Would expect the divide between top and bottom be even greater. Prospect, Southerns etc will fall further behind :shock:

Unless I’ve missed any announcements, add Adelaide to that.

Northerns, East Torrens & Woodville probably in that next tier up. Then your div 1 hopefuls; West Torrens, Glenelg, Kensington, Sturt, TTG, Uni & now Port
Salad
Mini-League

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:55 am

Salad wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Unless I’ve missed any announcements, add Adelaide to that.

Northerns, East Torrens & Woodville probably in that next tier up. Then your div 1 hopefuls; West Torrens, Glenelg, Kensington, Sturt, TTG, Uni & now Port

Think you are spot on here. Definitely Adelaide in bottom three. But there will be a surprise somewhere no doubt :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby The Hound » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:50 am

Any actual Port lads going to be playing in their 1's this year?

Will definitely strengthen the list down the grades which is good for the comp, however also has the ability to tear the club apart if they finish 7th or lower.

With Best gone would Greber from Uni head down as well? old man is on the coaching panel
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:34 pm

The Hound wrote:Any actual Port lads going to be playing in their 1's this year?

Will definitely strengthen the list down the grades which is good for the comp, however also has the ability to tear the club apart if they finish 7th or lower.

With Best gone would Greber from Uni head down as well? old man is on the coaching panel

Probably Benton (is he originally Port?) and Umpherston would be the only ones? I can't think of any others? This would be the 6th club Greber's have been involved with.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby maxi » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Impressive recruiting spree from port can’t remember a club being this proactive before
Saca would be pleased clubs are trying to strengthen and making competition stronger
Going to be 8 contenders the usual suspects west Torrens Sturt Glenelg uni Kensington ttg port Woodville and 5 battlers northern southern east Torrens Adelaide prospect which will actually make 2 divisions in the one comp
I’d expect an influx of recruits from UK to bolster clubs squads as well
Have the new redbacks found homes yet
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Gosaints » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:17 pm

maxi wrote:Impressive recruiting spree from port can’t remember a club being this proactive before
Saca would be pleased clubs are trying to strengthen and making competition stronger
Going to be 8 contenders the usual suspects west Torrens Sturt Glenelg uni Kensington ttg port Woodville and 5 battlers northern southern east Torrens Adelaide prospect which will actually make 2 divisions in the one comp
I’d expect an influx of recruits from UK to bolster clubs squads as well
Have the new redbacks found homes yet

is all this just covering up the real issue with cricket in SA which is a hopeless (high performance, etc) saca?
Gosaints
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Salad » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:11 am

Conway to Uni & Thornton to Kensington?
Salad
Mini-League