Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby DOC » Tue May 24, 2022 3:31 pm

It's only half a bag of peanuts

If a player is contracted to a State League Club and is listed via the MSRD, the State League Club will be eligible for $10,000 in compensation from the AFL Club, payable before the Player is listed and commences training.

Any compensation paid to a State League Club will not be counted in the respective Club’s Soft Cap.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 24, 2022 11:51 pm

It needs to be $10k for the remainder of 2022, then another $10k per year that they get contracted for after that.

A once off $10k is nothing if its someone you have brought from interstate to play
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby tnt » Wed May 25, 2022 11:27 am

Good money for the Player though. $60k contract for 4 months work and then $20k more in severance (if rules still the same as a couple of years ago) if they chop him at the end of the year.

So if the player is a dud the clubs loose $90K per MY draftee
tnt
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby eddie eagle » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:39 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Just reading an article on the AFL website suggesting Connor Ballenden has been invited to a medical screening by an AFL club and that he is linked to Hawthorn.

If the Eagles lose him then we'd go close to having the shortest team running around that I can remember!!

Does a club get any kind of compensation if one of their players is selected by an AFL club mid-season? I'm guessing if they do it will be peanuts.............

Thankfully not selected. Would have been very hard to replace.
eddie eagle
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:34 pm

SANFL Press Release wrote:1 June 2022

SANFL statement: AFL Mid-Season Draft

SANFL congratulates the six Hostplus SANFL League players named in tonight’s AFL mid-season rookie draft who now have an exciting opportunity to play at the highest level of Australian football.

However, SANFL Chief Executive Officer Darren Chandler said the mid-season draft continued to present major challenges for SANFL Clubs who were impacted.

“We have a strong and vibrant men’s State League competition which is well worth protecting by the AFL to ensure the future strength and success of the national competition,” Mr Chandler said.

“We feel for the supporters, members, players, coaches, volunteers and administrators of the SANFL Clubs impacted tonight - there is a huge amount of investment in terms of resource, time and energy which goes into building a SANFL team in pursuit of ultimate success.

“The SANFL and its Clubs always encourage players to aspire to the highest level of Australian football and to play in our thriving State League as a pathway to achieving this.

“Collectively we invest significant time and resources to develop talented players from U13 to U18 level and then through to the Senior competition. As a State, we take great pride in seeing young players progressing to AFL ranks.

“However, the AFL must work with State Leagues to allow players who are ready to play AFL football to move into the AFL system at a time or under conditions that reduces the impact on their SANFL Club.”

Mr Chandler said SANFL and SANFL Clubs were looking forward to the opportunity to discuss the pre-season and mid-season drafts and AFL Club list sizes, among a range of matters, when they meet with AFL representatives at a scheduled meeting later this month.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:10 pm

Big Phil wrote:
SANFL Press Release wrote: Interesting..... am I detecting a change in the narrative there compared to previous years......

1 June 2022

SANFL statement: AFL Mid-Season Draft

SANFL congratulates the six Hostplus SANFL League players named in tonight’s AFL mid-season rookie draft who now have an exciting opportunity to play at the highest level of Australian football.

However, SANFL Chief Executive Officer Darren Chandler said the mid-season draft continued to present major challenges for SANFL Clubs who were impacted.

“We have a strong and vibrant men’s State League competition which is well worth protecting by the AFL to ensure the future strength and success of the national competition,” Mr Chandler said.

“We feel for the supporters, members, players, coaches, volunteers and administrators of the SANFL Clubs impacted tonight - there is a huge amount of investment in terms of resource, time and energy which goes into building a SANFL team in pursuit of ultimate success.

“The SANFL and its Clubs always encourage players to aspire to the highest level of Australian football and to play in our thriving State League as a pathway to achieving this.

“Collectively we invest significant time and resources to develop talented players from U13 to U18 level and then through to the Senior competition. As a State, we take great pride in seeing young players progressing to AFL ranks.

“However, the AFL must work with State Leagues to allow players who are ready to play AFL football to move into the AFL system at a time or under conditions that reduces the impact on their SANFL Club.”

Mr Chandler said SANFL and SANFL Clubs were looking forward to the opportunity to discuss the pre-season and mid-season drafts and AFL Club list sizes, among a range of matters, when they meet with AFL representatives at a scheduled meeting later this month.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby DOC » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:24 pm

Looks like Seb has left the Eagles

MARRIED At First Sight star Seb Guilhaus admits his decision to launch an
X- rated OnlyFans account has shocked many of his fans – but he has no
regrets.
The former SANFL footballer and his girlfriend Ania Kilic joined the adult
subscription website about a month ago, to the dismay of some of his
100,000-plus followers on social media.
But clean-cut Guilhaus, who starred on the 2020 season of the reality TV
show, said the couple’s “bold move” has been empowering and helped
break down some of the “stigmas” around sex work.
“I know it comes as a massive shock especially from me,” the
Adelaidebased personal trainer said.
“I’ve copped it a bit from my followers on Instagram but overall it’s been
positive. People have accepted me and acknowledged it’s not forced on
anyone.
“Obviously people with fixed views will always regard things in this realm
as being offensive.”
DOC
Coach

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:06 pm

DOC wrote:Looks like Seb has left the Eagles

MARRIED At First Sight star Seb Guilhaus admits his decision to launch an
X- rated OnlyFans account has shocked many of his fans – but he has no
regrets.
The former SANFL footballer and his girlfriend Ania Kilic joined the adult
subscription website about a month ago, to the dismay of some of his
100,000-plus followers on social media.
But clean-cut Guilhaus, who starred on the 2020 season of the reality TV
show, said the couple’s “bold move” has been empowering and helped
break down some of the “stigmas” around sex work.
“I know it comes as a massive shock especially from me,” the
Adelaidebased personal trainer said.
“I’ve copped it a bit from my followers on Instagram but overall it’s been
positive. People have accepted me and acknowledged it’s not forced on
anyone.
“Obviously people with fixed views will always regard things in this realm
as being offensive.”

All the Advertiser articles this year about him have referred to him as a former SANFL player. He's still out injured but was mentioned in this week's injury report, so unless he has left in the last day or so, I'd be guessing he's still there.
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Aerie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:43 am

C’mon Doc, surely you use better resources than the Woman’s Day section of The Advertiser!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby DOC » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:01 pm

It is more reliable than the sport pages.
DOC
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:37 pm

any other departures from the Eagles....??
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:55 pm

What are you insinuating ?
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:13 pm

THE Norwood Football Club is pleased to announce that forward Luke Surman will return to The Parade for the remainder of the 2022 SANFL Season.

After a collaborative decision between Port Adelaide and Norwood, Surman will immediately cross over from Alberton.

The 24-year-old joined Norwood in 2018, spending three years at The Parade featuring for the Redlegs 18 times and kicking 27 goals.

Surman joined Port Adelaide in 2021 and played 13 games kicking six goals.

Luke will be available for selection this weekend.
DOC
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:20 pm

DOC wrote:THE Norwood Football Club is pleased to announce that forward Luke Surman will return to The Parade for the remainder of the 2022 SANFL Season.

After a collaborative decision between Port Adelaide and Norwood, Surman will immediately cross over from Alberton.

The 24-year-old joined Norwood in 2018, spending three years at The Parade featuring for the Redlegs 18 times and kicking 27 goals.

That's an intriguing one...

Should be a great addition to the big man depth at The Parade.

Had played some good footy for Port at CHB so will be interesting to see where the Legs play him.

Named in the Reserves this week, after playing reserves last week.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Hazydog » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:45 am

Big Phil wrote:
DOC wrote:THE Norwood Football Club is pleased to announce that forward Luke Surman will return to The Parade for the remainder of the 2022 SANFL Season.

That's an intriguing one...

Should be a great addition to the big man depth at The Parade.

Had played some good footy for Port at CHB so will be interesting to see where the Legs play him.

Named in the Reserves this week, after playing reserves last week.

Further erosion of the integrity of the SANFL Comp. A player who has played the majority of games so far this season and seemingly a required player, decides to move to a rival mid season and rather than a bunfight/clearance wrangle and transfer fee haggle… there just a “yeah no worries- all the best” situation. Perhaps it’s Ports way of evening up the mid season draft? Bizarre..
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 am

Hazydog wrote:
Further erosion of the integrity of the SANFL Comp. A player who has played the majority of games so far this season and seemingly a required player, decides to move to a rival mid season and rather than a bunfight/clearance wrangle and transfer fee haggle… there just a “yeah no worries- all the best” situation. Perhaps it’s Ports way of evening up the mid season draft? Bizarre..

Players have always been transferring between SANFL clubs before June 30, the transfer deadline. I can recall Peter Johnston and Jock Bromilow transferring mid season from us to South back in the 80s and 90s. We got Tylor from Port 3-4 games into the 96 season (didn’t help). It’s not common but this is nothing new really.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby robranisgod » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:28 pm

am Bays wrote:
Hazydog wrote:

Players have always been transferring between SANFL clubs before June 30, the transfer deadline. I can recall Peter Johnston and Jock Bromilow transferring mid season from us to South back in the 80s and 90s. We got Tylor from Port 3-4 games into the 96 season (didn’t help). It’s not common but this is nothing new really.

It certainly was a feature of the 1970s. One of the highest profile players to change clubs mid season was Milan Faletic who left Torrens for Port in june 1978. A lesser known player to do it was John Crouch who left Port for North in June, 1975. There were certainly others.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:47 pm

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of former Eagles junior Cameron Ellis-Yolmen for the remainder of the 2022 season.

In January, Cameron was placed onto the AFL inactive list by the Brisbane Lions after the 28-year-old midfielder did not meet the AFL’s Covid vaccination requirements. Cameron has since remained in Queensland and spent the first part of the 2022 season playing for Labrador in the QAFL, however with the removal of the SANFL Vaccination Policy in late May, this opened the door for Cameron to return to South Australia and again take the field for the Club.

On Cameron’s signing CEO Luke Powell said, “We are continually monitoring our AFL listed players and I have had constant dialogue with Cameron since the day he had to step away from the AFL. With the SANFL recently relaxing the Vaccine mandate and with Cameron’s ambition to continually play football at the highest level, we are delighted to have another Eagles junior back in our Football program. Cameron will have an immediate impact in making our playing group better and he will be a huge asset to our Club going forward".

On his signing Ellis-Yolmen said, "I am excited to be back to where it all started, keen to get amongst the SANFL competition and get back to playing in the closest level under the AFL.

It’s great to also be back in Adelaide and be with family and friends after being on the east coast for a while.

This has been such a quick decision but I think the best decision for me to still show I can still play at a high level. I really appreciate the opportunity the Eagles, Powelly and Sheeds have given me".
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:35 pm

How does that happen after June 30th cut off date .?
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby goddy11 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:16 pm

Hopeful Jelly wrote:The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of former Eagles junior Cameron Ellis-Yolmen for the remainder of the 2022 season.

In January, Cameron was placed onto the AFL inactive list by the Brisbane Lions after the 28-year-old midfielder did not meet the AFL’s Covid vaccination requirements. Cameron has since remained in Queensland and spent the first part of the 2022 season playing for Labrador in the QAFL, however with the removal of the SANFL Vaccination Policy in late May, this opened the door for Cameron to return to South Australia and again take the field for the Club.

On Cameron’s signing CEO Luke Powell said, “We are continually monitoring our AFL listed players and I have had constant dialogue with Cameron since the day he had to step away from the AFL. With the SANFL recently relaxing the Vaccine mandate and with Cameron’s ambition to continually play football at the highest level, we are delighted to have another Eagles junior back in our Football program. Cameron will have an immediate impact in making our playing group better and he will be a huge asset to our Club going forward".

On his signing Ellis-Yolmen said, "I am excited to be back to where it all started, keen to get amongst the SANFL competition and get back to playing in the closest level under the AFL.

It’s great to also be back in Adelaide and be with family and friends after being on the east coast for a while.

This has been such a quick decision but I think the best decision for me to still show I can still play at a high level. I really appreciate the opportunity the Eagles, Powelly and Sheeds have given me".

Excellent recruit at this time. Can play all round the ground and a good long kick.

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/cam-ellis-yol ... vBo-TCIGDI
Last edited by goddy11 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL