Things that you are looking forward to

Anything!

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:54 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Friday.
6.00am Uber to Tullamarine.
9.30am bird to Singapore.

Shorts packed into the carry on bag.

A week of work beginning Monday in Asia.

Cold beers at knock off in the humidity.

26 degrees the low, 32 degrees the high… every day. A thunderstorm around 3pm everyday as well. Lock it in.


Need a companion? I'll even put out.

Tour rules?

Image
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47823
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3913 times
Been liked: 6925 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby cracka » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:02 pm

Finke desert race this weekend.
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 500 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:33 am

Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!





*one of these things may not happen...
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42668
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1893 times
Been liked: 2884 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:44 am

Dutchy wrote:Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!





*one of these things may not happen...

Snow isn't falling @ Mt W?

There was some sort of power station up the top when I was last there many moons ago, I thought it would be fun to piss my initials into the snow until I looked up and seen a couple of women looking out the window.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47823
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3913 times
Been liked: 6925 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 am

Dutchy wrote:Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!

*one of these things may not happen...


I'm off to Perth next Tuesday morning, do Tues/Wed/Thurs seeing customers, Mrs Boon flies in Thursday night and we head down to Margaret River for Friday night, back to Perth Saturday afternoon for 3 nights at Crown (they've got buy 2 nights get 1 free, breakfast each day, valet parking for $430 total ), go to the footy Sunday, see a mate on Monday for lunch then home Tuesday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6421 times
Been liked: 9518 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!





*one of these things may not happen...

Snow isn't falling @ Mt W?

There was some sort of power station up the top when I was last there many moons ago, I thought it would be fun to piss my initials into the snow until I looked up and seen a couple of women looking out the window.


When we were there last year there was only a small covering of snow (more ice) - looking at Instagram you can see photos/videos of people up there today and its so thick you can't drive right up the top, have to park and walk.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42668
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1893 times
Been liked: 2884 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!

*one of these things may not happen...


I'm off to Perth next Tuesday morning, do Tues/Wed/Thurs seeing customers, Mrs Boon flies in Thursday night and we head down to Margaret River for Friday night, back to Perth Saturday afternoon for 3 nights at Crown (they've got buy 2 nights get 1 free, breakfast each day, valet parking for $430 total ), go to the footy Sunday, see a mate on Monday for lunch then home Tuesday.


Brilliant, got a link to that deal at all? We are heading over to see the Oils in Sept and haven't booked accom yet
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42668
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1893 times
Been liked: 2884 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby MatteeG » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:27 pm

TMOC in August.

Footy weekend in Melbs 29-31 Jul

The long saving has commenced for the next US venture. Prob sometime in 2024.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
User avatar
MatteeG
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4792
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!

*one of these things may not happen...


I'm off to Perth next Tuesday morning, do Tues/Wed/Thurs seeing customers, Mrs Boon flies in Thursday night and we head down to Margaret River for Friday night, back to Perth Saturday afternoon for 3 nights at Crown (they've got buy 2 nights get 1 free, breakfast each day, valet parking for $430 total ), go to the footy Sunday, see a mate on Monday for lunch then home Tuesday.


Brilliant, got a link to that deal at all? We are heading over to see the Oils in Sept and haven't booked accom yet


Sent to your twitter DM.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6421 times
Been liked: 9518 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:11 pm

Off to Melbourne with four other families for a few days in July - Footy etc.

Similar deal to Booney - staying at the Crown inc. parking, movie tickets, bowling, kids eat free etc.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 9:52 pm
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!





*one of these things may not happen...


6 times in Hobart and still haven't seen snow on it - everyone else that goes always sends me pictures of them in the snow.

If you like Oysters, make sure you go to GET SHUCKED on Bruny Island. Nowhere will you get a fresher oyster.. I watched mine being carried across the road, freshly plucked from the ocean. Also best shop name ever :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26220
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1582 times
Been liked: 2033 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
If you like Oysters, make sure you go to GET SHUCKED on Bruny Island. Nowhere will you get a fresher oyster.. I watched mine being carried across the road, freshly plucked from the ocean. Also best shop name ever :lol:


Yep went there last year, best Ive ever had, looking forward to getting back there
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42668
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1893 times
Been liked: 2884 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:36 pm

376 hours from now I'll be sitting in the pool at the Mantra Aqueous Port Douglas, sucking down a few frothies.
In the warmth of FNQ.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 430 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:50 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:376 hours from now I'll be sitting in the pool at the Mantra Aqueous Port Douglas, sucking down a few frothies.
In the warmth of FNQ.

Make sure you book in to the Tin Shed for dinner and book a table out on the deck. Bloody fantastic view and very very relaxing.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 7700
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 828 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:05 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:376 hours from now I'll be sitting in the pool at the Mantra Aqueous Port Douglas, sucking down a few frothies.
In the warmth of FNQ.

Make sure you book in to the Tin Shed for dinner and book a table out on the deck. Bloody fantastic view and very very relaxing.

Been booked out for weeks!
We might just rock up anyway & see what happens.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 430 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:59 pm

Or book a table in the name of whatever celebrity is rumored to be in the area.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:52 pm

DOC wrote:Or book a table in the name of whatever celebrity is rumored to be in the area.

“Table for two?”
“Yes please”
“Booking?”
“Yes”
“Name?”
“Bum Crack”
“Right this way sir…”
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14296
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4585 times
Been liked: 4457 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:39 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:Off to Melbourne with four other families for a few days in July - Footy etc.

Similar deal to Booney - staying at the Crown inc. parking, movie tickets, bowling, kids eat free etc.


Have you got a link at all?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24838
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4669 times
Been liked: 2048 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:11 am

Footy Chick wrote:
6 times in Hobart and still haven't seen snow on it - everyone else that goes always sends me pictures of them in the snow.



Had snow on it on the weekend and they closed the road off near the cafe halfway up so we couldn't get up there :evil:
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42668
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1893 times
Been liked: 2884 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:31 am

Dutchy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
6 times in Hobart and still haven't seen snow on it - everyone else that goes always sends me pictures of them in the snow.



Had snow on it on the weekend and they closed the road off near the cafe halfway up so we couldn't get up there :evil:
Yep, been there 3 times in the last year and twice it’s had snow up there and road closed near the cafe. The last time we were there 4 days and it was shut for 2 days but opened on day 3
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests