Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:48 pm

The 2022/23 Sheffield Shield and One Day Cup fixtures have been released.
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/sheffie ... 2022-06-29
The Marsh Sheffield Shield will return to a full 10-round home-and-away season after states each played a varying number of matches last summer due to COVID lockdowns and border restrictions.

Each state will also play seven Marsh One-Day Cup games before the final on March 8, while the Women's National Cricket League (WNCL) has been expanded to a full home-and-away season, with the 43-game fixture to run from late September to late February.

The domestic season is scheduled to begin in less than three months with two Marsh Cup rounds between September 23 and October 1, while the WNCL will also get underway on September 23 with a triple-header.

Western Australia and NSW will kick off the Shield season at the WACA Ground from October 3-6, which will be followed by Queensland-Tasmania at Allan Border Field and South Australia-Victoria at Karen Rolton Oval from October 6-9.

There will be five full Shield rounds before the first Test meaning non-T20 players such as Nathan Lyon, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Travis Head, Alex Carey and Cameron Green could feature multiple times for their states ahead of the two-Test series against the West Indies and three Tests against South Africa.

The sixth Shield round before the mid-season Big Bash break will be played concurrently with the first Test of the summer from December 1-4.

That also signals that the KFC BBL season will start later this summer, mostly likely in mid-December after the conclusion of the Adelaide day-night Test against the West Indies from December 8-12.

Redbacks Fixture-
Sheffield Shield-
October 6th v Victoria at Karen Rolton Oval
Oct 16th v Tasmania at Adelaide Oval
Oct 31st v NSW at North Dalton Park, Wollongong
November 11th v WA at the WACA
Nov 20th v Queensland at Adelaide Oval
December 1st v Tasmania at Blundstone Arena
February 10th v WA at Adelaide Oval
Feb 20th v Victoria at Citi Power Centre, St Kilda
March 2nd v Queensland at the Gabba
March 14 v NSW at Karen Rolton Oval

One Day Cup-
September 26th v Queensland at Allan Border Field
Sep 28th v Tasmania at Allan Border Field
October 21st v Tasmania at Adelaide Oval
November 5th v NSW at North Sydney Oval
Nov 16th v WA at the WACA
February 15th v WA at Adelaide Oval
Feb 26 v Victoria venue TBC
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31484
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8064 times
Been liked: 1220 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:54 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
One Day Cup-
September 26th v Queensland at Allan Border Field
Sep 28th v Tasmania at Allan Border Field
October 21st v Tasmania at Adelaide Oval
November 5th v NSW at North Sydney Oval
Nov 16th v WA at the WACA
February 15th v WA at Adelaide Oval
Feb 26 v Victoria venue TBC


This shits me, two home games, the ODD used to be a great afternoon/evening out, now here we are playing Tassie in Queensland? As per usual we get the raw end of the stick, Queensland in Queensland, WA twice and NSW in NSW on a postage stamp.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47823
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3913 times
Been liked: 6925 times

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Postby DOC » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:32 pm

How about the 3 month break between fixtures in the limited overs?

No MCG No SCG for Shield? 3 games at AO? The shield is about developing Test players for our country.

The knobs at CA think it is about allowing enough time, money and everything else for the BBL so some third rate players can be paid more than our aspiring test players.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:16 pm

DOC wrote:How about the 3 month break between fixtures in the limited overs?

No MCG No SCG for Shield? 3 games at AO? The shield is about developing Test players for our country.

The knobs at CA think it is about allowing enough time, money and everything else for the BBL so some third rate players can be paid more than our aspiring test players.


That was my next gripe, I was trying to keep my post to 50 words.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47823
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3913 times
Been liked: 6925 times

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:This shits me, two home games, the ODD used to be a great afternoon/evening out, now here we are playing Tassie in Queensland? As per usual we get the raw end of the stick, Queensland in Queensland, WA twice and NSW in NSW on a postage stamp.

Hopefully the 21st game is a day/night fixture - might actually draw a crowd being a Friday,
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14894
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3080 times
Been liked: 3554 times

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:This shits me, two home games, the ODD used to be a great afternoon/evening out, now here we are playing Tassie in Queensland? As per usual we get the raw end of the stick, Queensland in Queensland, WA twice and NSW in NSW on a postage stamp.

Hopefully the 21st game is a day/night fixture - might actually draw a crowd being a Friday,

Image
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47823
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3913 times
Been liked: 6925 times


Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests