North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:06 pm

Fairy nuff

That’s actually a good call, re over coaching. Not unexpected when your under the pump.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm

they are fried with info which by definition would make him a poor coach?
I think he can coach, but coming out and apologising to players for baking them sent a poor message in my opinion.
How/why that came out is mind boggling????

But rest assured Walshy will sort your mob out.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:45 am

Dutchy wrote:OK having witnessed the game on the weekend, it was a tough watch, there does seem to be a disconnect somewhere in the club and I guess that is why Walsh walked thru the doors this week.

We just play dumb footy, we consistently played down the line to the skinny side and the Crows knew this and just put number exactly where we were kicking it, there was one farcical moment where Xerri took a mark across half back/wing and I saw hit opponent ROB waltz forward 55m as a loose and guess where Xerri kicked it? :roll: We did not look to spread the ground/switch the ball or change the angles at all, IMO we are just trying to stop the bleeding but Id rather lose by 100 taking the game on than what we are doing currently.

When you lack confidence everything else falls apart pretty quickly and that is what we are facing, its going to be a long road back sadly.

This was us last year. Replace "North names" with ours and this was our plight. Dumb predictable footy with zero run nor spread from a contest. I thought with us it seemed to be that we didn't want to make a mistake in case we got singled out & chopped.

So players like Saad would take the contest on but not have anyone go and provide team defence, then when the ball was turned over, his man would get the ball and Saad would look like he doesn't play on anyone.

Crux is, it can turn around very quickly.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:32 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:OK having witnessed the game on the weekend, it was a tough watch, there does seem to be a disconnect somewhere in the club and I guess that is why Walsh walked thru the doors this week.

We just play dumb footy, we consistently played down the line to the skinny side and the Crows knew this and just put number exactly where we were kicking it, there was one farcical moment where Xerri took a mark across half back/wing and I saw hit opponent ROB waltz forward 55m as a loose and guess where Xerri kicked it? :roll: We did not look to spread the ground/switch the ball or change the angles at all, IMO we are just trying to stop the bleeding but Id rather lose by 100 taking the game on than what we are doing currently.

When you lack confidence everything else falls apart pretty quickly and that is what we are facing, its going to be a long road back sadly.

This was us last year. Replace "North names" with ours and this was our plight. Dumb predictable footy with zero run nor spread from a contest. I thought with us it seemed to be that we didn't want to make a mistake in case we got singled out & chopped.

So players like Saad would take the contest on but not have anyone go and provide team defence, then when the ball was turned over, his man would get the ball and Saad would look like he doesn't play on anyone.

Big difference is North have no star players at all. Carlton had Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, Mckay plus several others, just had a dud coach in Teague. They are years away from playing finals even.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:56 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Big difference is North have no star players at all. Carlton had Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, Mckay plus several others, just had a dud coach in Teague. They are years away from playing finals even.

I do not disagree with your comment about them being a long way from finals, as they simply don't have the cattle. They may have the coach, but the cattle is the determining factor in my mind.

From our perspective, it's not only the coach that changed either. Just calling that out.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:56 am

SEN just reported Noble is stepping down and Leigh Adams to take over as interim coach.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1206 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:05 am

If Noble goes, that's a shocking decision

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:44 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:SEN just reported Noble is stepping down and Leigh Adams to take over as interim coach.
Yep, goneski
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:31 am

Nobel sacked what A shocking appointment
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:14 am

Just after they played their best game of the year.
Hard not to think jhf playing vfl wasn't the last straw.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:17 am

Decision was made last week apparently, not sure how I feel about it, I was happy to back Noble in and play the long game, can only hope the people making the decisions are making the right calls.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:27 am

Dutchy wrote:Decision was made last week apparently, not sure how I feel about it, I was happy to back Noble in and play the long game, can only hope the people making the decisions are making the right calls.

But that hope has to be fading quickly
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:31 am

I see nothing to gain sacking a coach mid year. It's a sign the club has lost it's way and lost the belief it had in everything they put in place over the summer and weeks leading up to the sacking. Its a bad look IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:38 am

It's also a reflection of those who appointed him, hopefully they are also put under the microscope
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:44 am

So what are the options to jump into the hot seat??

The Roos fav son Alistair Clarkson returns home
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:57 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:It's also a reflection of those who appointed him, hopefully they are also put under the microscope

Sadly that rarely ever seems to happen.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:02 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:So what are the options to jump into the hot seat??

Clarkson has said he'd only go to a side that he felt he could take all the way to the top.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:15 am

Simpson will part ways with WC IMO and could be a chance.

I don’t think Noble was much chop but bizarre for the club to commit to bottom out only to then sack the coach when they actually do bottom out
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:16 am

Booney wrote:

Clarkson has said he'd only go to a side that he felt he could take all the way to the top.
Waiting for Tassie team IMO
Jim05
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:33 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Will join the Tassie Kangeroos IMO

EFA
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL