APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:27 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Port district and St. Peter’s?? Don’t keep us hanging…

That would be my two guesses
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:46 pm

locky801 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
carey wrote:Heard a little whisper 2 very high profile clubs about to be done with salary cap and points issues………..

;)
Broadview and Pooraka?

says high profile clubs ;)

Hindley street country club doesn’t play country music either ;)
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:49 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:Port district and St. Peter’s?? Don’t keep us hanging…

Port District maybe points. Glenunga salary cap Spoc, nah, the riddler is astute and hey, everyone went to college :D

Hey Yank Man! How about you stick to Div 7 champ and don't pretend to have a clue what happens in Div 1.

Seems you have taken 2 shots about the Glenunga cap and have no clue let me enlighten you. Biggest Junior club in the State. Probably the youngest club in div 1 and i can tell you for a fact that half the team are kids who played B grade last year and most of them Juniors. Its amazing what happens when you invest time and effort into your Juniors like the TTG. Payneham, Golden Grove and Modburys of the league

Furthermore; regarding our top end. Langford is yet to play an A grade game this year, Sam Smith did his knee in like round 2, Bielby has barely been on the park and our big recruit Nick Gillard walked out before the season started and went to play Div 4 football.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby pureclass » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:55 am

Sticks28 wrote:
carey wrote:Heard a little whisper 2 very high profile clubs about to be done with salary cap and points issues………..

Golden grove??

Golden Grove only used 4 player points on the weekend. Have done a great job retaining recruits and transitioning juniors into senior footy.
I don’t think guys like Shenton and Johnston would be playing for free but they would be playing for far less money then what other clubs would be offering them so that would rule out salary cap and points issues
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:58 am

A little harsh on Yank Man there Wristy. He's been involved at D3, D1 & D4 clubs the last 3 years and is just as much entitled to an opinion as anyone else on here. It wasn't that many years back that you where very prolific on here with your own opinions so don't throw stones in glasshouses. Having said that, I wouldn't question Glenunga's integrity with playing by the rules. Seem to be a well run club despite the challenges of the council clubrooms Decent people off field and a good A grade coach (not so sure about the B grade coach ;) . I reckon Brighton's A grade team would challenge any of the D1 clubs for average age because like those clubs you mentioned our 27 boys teams and 8 girls teams is evidence of the time and effort we also put into junior football. Anyway, sick of some of the rumours that go around every year about salary cap breaches. It seems the only clubs (all country from memory) that have been caught breaching in the past have either self reported or had a disgruntled player spill the beans on something specific such as a sign on fee.
Last edited by Down the Hill on Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby pureclass » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:59 am

carey wrote:Both Div 1

Only Div 1 clubs close to using all their player points are

Old Iggies
Glenunga
Brighton
Port Districts
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:21 am

Be a great result for those of us looking to stave of relegation.

Having said that, seems like 1% of these rumours ever come to fruition.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 am

Down the Hill wrote:A little harsh on Yank Man there Wristy. He's been involved at D3, D1 & D4 clubs the last 3 years and is just as much entitled to an opinion as anyone else on here. It wasn't that many years back that you where very prolific on here with your own opinions so don't throw stones in glasshouses. Having said that, I wouldn't question Glenunga's integrity with playing by the rules. Seem to be a well run club despite the challenges of the council clubrooms Decent people off field and a good A grade coach (not so sure about the B grade coach ;) . I reckon Brighton's A grade team would challenge any of the D1 clubs for average age because like those clubs you mentioned our 27 boys teams and 8 girls teams is evidence of the time and effort we also put into junior football. Anyway, sick of some of the rumours that go around every year about salary cap breaches. It seems the only clubs (all country from memory) that have been caught breaching in the past have either self reported or had a disgruntled player spill the beans on something specific such as a sign on fee.

To be fair, i don't know or care who Yank Man is and 100% agree he is entitled to an opinion. It wasn't an opinion though it was speculation of my club breaking the rules. So yes despite not having an interest in these forums for the last 5 or 10 years or however long its been i felt the need to shut pure rubbish down with facts. I know you would do the same if BDOS name came up in that conversation. Nothing against the bloke and acutely aware anyone can come on here and pot any club so probably wasting my time shutting down what was potentially an attempt at engaging in some banter with Dutchy All good, play on.

Now lets deal with the real issue...Clubs that don't have functioning scoreboards ;) Again, im aware we roll out our 1980's model.
Thanks for hosting us on the weekend. 3 good games of football. The clubrooms are outstanding. Good luck for the rest of the year.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:36 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Now lets deal with the real issue...Clubs that don't have functioning scoreboards ;) Again, im aware we roll out our 1980's model.
Thanks for hosting us on the weekend. 3 good games of football. The clubrooms are outstanding. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Did they have a decent schnitty, that's all I want to know from you WW!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:50 am

am Bays wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Did they have a decent schnitty, that's all I want to know from you WW!

Haha they didn't even have a sausage roll for me post game. A lot of the boys did partake in the asian bun rolls and said they were quite good but $15 was a bit rich for my blood.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:18 pm

All good Wristy. That damn scoreboard has worked a charm since becoming operational exactly 2 years ago. And that 2 year anniversary seemed to be the issue. The mob that installed the board then arranges a licence with a 3rd party for the software that creates the display on the board. It was a 2 year licence that expired on Saturday hence why the screen went blank soon after we fired it up. All fixed now I believe. At least it was handy to have a Plan B with the portable board once we knew there was no same day fix for the electronic board.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby MoP » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:07 pm

Can someone explain to me how any club can 'cheat' the points cap, given everyone knows (or can work out) what each player is worth?
MoP
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:28 pm

MoP wrote:

Can someone explain to me how any club can 'cheat' the points cap, given everyone knows (or can work out) what each player is worth?

Maybe not cheat, but not everything is black and white, there are gray areas..
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JesseWhite » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:52 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
MoP wrote:

Always thought the APPS was poorly detailed, needs an overhaul to help clubs more than anything. Should be simple and no gray areas.
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:20 pm

JesseWhite wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
MoP wrote:

Always thought the APPS was poorly detailed, needs an overhaul to help clubs more than anything. Should be simple and no gray areas.

In theory the system should get better over the years hey....

Isnt one of the biggest problems that there is a generation of players who never had to register electronically in particular for juniors. It doesn't help now but in say ten years time everyones details will be on the system including all registrations, games played etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:45 pm

The thing with the grey areas has some merit, but for the fact that the league is happy to make a "ruling" on a player before they step foot on the field.

Gives you security in the event there is a grey area, no real reason why you wouldn't do it after clubs have been (generally inadvertently) caught out a number of times.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:42 pm

Any word yet on which club was done for the breaches?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby MoP » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:11 am

Div 5 chat talks about Lockleys being too good, so looked at their team. Matthew McDonough is a zero pointer, after being a 2-pointer last season. He'd only played 23 games for them at the end of last season - how come he's not a 1-pointer this season?
MoP
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Yungmuney » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:27 am

MoP wrote:Div 5 chat talks about Lockleys being too good, so looked at their team. Matthew McDonough is a zero pointer, after being a 2-pointer last season. He'd only played 23 games for them at the end of last season - how come he's not a 1-pointer this season?

I believe it got changed from having to play 25 games to only 20? Not 100% but I think I did hear that
Yungmuney
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Aldinga

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:35 pm

That is correct Yungmuney.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League