2022 AFL Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby MW » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:Can't believe I've never heard of a player who's played more than 200 games. :shock:


I can
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2194 times
Been liked: 1568 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby mots02 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:01 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Can't believe I've never heard of a player who's played more than 200 games. :shock:


I can


A Team areas
User avatar
mots02
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 659 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Can't believe I've never heard of a player who's played more than 200 games. :shock:


I can

Yeah I can now too, noone in the entire pub here had ever heard of him as well.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48938
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1646 times
Been liked: 3469 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby locky801 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Can't believe I've never heard of a player who's played more than 200 games. :shock:


I can

Yeah I can now too, noone in the entire pub here had ever heard of him as well.


you all been living under a mushroom or something :shock: ;) :roll:
my team stagnant and on the road to nowhere
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
Posts: 50297
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: working all around Australia and loving it
Has liked: 2567 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby MW » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Can't believe I've never heard of a player who's played more than 200 games. :shock:


I can

Yeah I can now too, noone in the entire pub here had ever heard of him as well.


A pub without footy...strange set up
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2194 times
Been liked: 1568 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:19 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Can't believe I've never heard of a player who's played more than 200 games. :shock:


I can

Yeah I can now too, noone in the entire pub here had ever heard of him as well.


A pub without footy...strange set up

Most people at this pub haven't even heard of anyone outside of SA let alone a mediocre St Kilda player.
Not strange, quite the norm for pubs with older people in SA, encounter it all the time.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48938
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1646 times
Been liked: 3469 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:34 pm

Hardly a mediocre player
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3275 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:20 pm

Brodlach wrote:Hardly a mediocre player

You're a Crows and West fan, no apologies that we have different standards mate. ;)
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48938
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1646 times
Been liked: 3469 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby saintal » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:27 pm

Expected one or two smart "Who's that?" comments when I mentioned Geary's retirement..
SAFC- 58 years...
StKFC- 56 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5502
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 388 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Hardly a mediocre player

You're a Crows and West fan, no apologies that we have different standards mate. ;)

Could be worse, a Saints and Panthers supporter :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3275 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby saintal » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Hardly a mediocre player

You're a Crows and West fan, no apologies that we have different standards mate. ;)

Could be worse, a Saints and Panthers supporter :lol:


Um yeah, who would put themselves through winter after winter of that :lol:
SAFC- 58 years...
StKFC- 56 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5502
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 388 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Loyal passionate people….
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3275 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:45 pm

saintal wrote:Expected one or two smart "Who's that?" comments when I mentioned Geary's retirement..

Wasn't being smart mate, St Kilda are one of my favourite teams (theyre my wife's 2nd fav team) , was just being honest (and I'm not into fantasy football or anything like that, it bores me silly)
Probably only saw St Kilda once live between 2009 and a couple of years ago and just checked, he didn't play in the 2009 Round 14 game I went to.

PS Just checked further, he got 74 disposals against Geelong over 14 years in 9 games. Probably understandable he didn't make an impression on me.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48938
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1646 times
Been liked: 3469 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:59 am

Cast are still $3.50 to win it. That's a return in 68 days. Take the money and run folks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54289
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:21 am

Booney wrote:Cast are still $3.50 to win it. That's a return in 68 days. Take the money and run folks.

Pfft. I'm on the Bays at $7. Twice the return! :D
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48938
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1646 times
Been liked: 3469 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby MW » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:26 am

Booney wrote:Cast are still $3.50 to win it. That's a return in 68 days. Take the money and run folks.


If the Dees get fit and pull their finger out and don't play like individuals, they will still give it a shake
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2194 times
Been liked: 1568 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:34 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Cast are still $3.50 to win it. That's a return in 68 days. Take the money and run folks.


If the Dees get fit and pull their finger out and don't play like individuals, they will still give it a shake

Of course they will. Melbourne and Brisbane are certainties to play in the GF. Geelong will end up third and Brisbane will get second and won't leave the Gabba until the GF and Cats will get pumped by Melbourne in the Prelim. Guaranteed.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 7705
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 828 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:37 am

Bum Crack wrote:
MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Cast are still $3.50 to win it. That's a return in 68 days. Take the money and run folks.


If the Dees get fit and pull their finger out and don't play like individuals, they will still give it a shake

Of course they will. Melbourne and Brisbane are certainties to play in the GF. Geelong will end up third and Brisbane will get second and won't leave the Gabba until the GF and Cats will get pumped by Melbourne in the Prelim. Guaranteed.


Brisbane? lol
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54289
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:38 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Cast are still $3.50 to win it. That's a return in 68 days. Take the money and run folks.


If the Dees get fit and pull their finger out and don't play like individuals, they will still give it a shake

Of course they will. Melbourne and Brisbane are certainties to play in the GF. Geelong will end up third and Brisbane will get second and won't leave the Gabba until the GF and Cats will get pumped by Melbourne in the Prelim. Guaranteed.


Brisbane? lol

Mark my word. Port will pump Geelong Saturday and our fall will begin.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 7705
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 828 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby MW » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:49 am

Pessimist much?
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2194 times
Been liked: 1568 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests